CarbonSteel

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Bronco Wildtrak
Vehicle Showcase
A couple of questions for you guys:

1. How is the black coating holding up?

2. As compared to stock what is the "in cabin" experience like? Same, slightly louder, much louder?

Thanks in advance for your thoughts!
Sponsored

OP
OP
CarbonSteel

CarbonSteel

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Any stainless steel owners? How about the cabin sound?

JeepinJason33

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR, 2021 GCL, 1997 TJ, 1983 Chief FSJ
Clubs

It seems to me that the tips would get smashed on the trail... I don't think that cutting them shorter would make much of a difference as most skid plates out there are for the OEM exhaust. Would like to know if anyone has experience with this as well.

m3reno

First Name
Sal
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Jeep Wrangler JLU
I bought the MBRP axle back dual stainless exhaust. Sound is not super loud but louder than stock and no drone! After a couple of thousand miles and one winter I noticed light rust spots. When I called the company they said all of the stainless exhaust systems will get light surface rust especially in states that have heavy salted roads. I took the exhaust back off and used triple steel wool to rub out the rust spots and sprayed the entire exhaust with rustoleum high heat clear. Haven't seen any rust so far

TOL JEEPER

First Name
Larry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU Sport S
I installed my Magnaflow Street Series black dual exit exhaust two months ago. After 2,200 miles it looks just as good as the day I got it. No paint fading or peeling... and I have crawled under a few times to look.
The sound is a lower tone than stock, but only a few DB louder. Very comfortable drive without drone when cruising down the highway, and won't wake the neighbors when you back out of the driveway. The exhaust broke in nicely and the tone "smoothed out" after 1,000ish miles.
With the axle-back units, there are multiple reports of people having fitment issues over the stock pipe. Mine fit like a glove and took less than one hour to remove the stock system and install the MF system.

Sponsored

OP
OP
CarbonSteel

CarbonSteel

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
I installed my Magnaflow Street Series black dual exit exhaust two months ago. After 2,200 miles it looks just as good as the day I got it. No paint fading or peeling... and I have crawled under a few times to look.
The sound is a lower tone than stock, but only a few DB louder. Very comfortable drive without drone when cruising down the highway, and won't wake the neighbors when you back out of the driveway. The exhaust broke in nicely and the tone "smoothed out" after 1,000ish miles.
With the axle-back units, there are multiple reports of people having fitment issues over the stock pipe. Mine fit like a glove and took less than one hour to remove the stock system and install the MF system.
Many thanks for the information. I have listened to every sound bite on YT I can find for Magnaflow, but those clips rarely give you enough depth to know what it really sounds like.

The Boral Type S that I have is ok from a sound perspective (a noticeable amount louder than stock), but the coating is sub-par. I am waiting for the 3rd replacement from Borla and I have only had my Rubicon for 1 year and 2 months. Borla swears that have gone far above what should be required with the latest iteration, but I am growing tired of messing with it.

Jay 13

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR
I know this thread is old…but I wanted to chime in due to my disappointment..

Purchased the Magnaflow axel back (black version) from a seller here in Canada

The first one I received had a huge blemish on the face of the muffler (the side you can see from back of the Jeep) figured whatever I can fix that with some good heat spray paint….but unfortunately it didn’t fit!!

Ironically I know this was a big issue in the early stages like 2018... But the fact I received a Magnaflow muffler in 2024 that still had fitment issues on the pipe inlet was surprising to say the least. Contacted the seller and they accepted the return and I got another one.

Well……I get this second one and great, it fits perfectly……but has cracking paint on it! This was straight out of the box.

So 2 strikes for the Magnaflow exhaust.

I reached out to @Magnaflow personally on Instagram (this was over a week ago, haven't Heard anything ) fine social media msg not their thing ….I than emailed them as per request on their page to do so with any issues. Received the intial automated request that they’ve received the msg and someone would be In touch shortly. Well that was like 5 days ago. Sent another email again after asking why no response? Still nothing.

Although I know that I didn’t purchase from them directly….its their product and felt like they could shed some light on maybe why was having such crappy luck here and try and help me out.

Disappointed really. They were a lot more expensive (At least north of the border here) than most other brands and it’s not even close. But as the saying goes “pay once, cry once”

well sadly I paid once and cried a few times lol.

2 back to back poor finishes on the muffler and one of The 2 that wouldn’t even fit

Shit happens somethings, but back to back is a little much. Not sure what to think on that. It’s shitty nonetheless

Disappointed with the product is an understatement, but the seller seems to blame Magnaflow, and they aren’t responding. So not sure what to think.

I’ve already began to take this 2nd one off and return it.
Sponsored

Last edited: