First Name
JD
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Occupation
Algorithmic Trading Strategies
To start, this thing looks awesome. From standing eye level, the muffler is virtually invisible. The tips are just right - they are visible, not too wide, and don't stick out past the bumper.

To clear up a misconception about the dual tip - you do not lose ground clearance to stock exhaust. As my comparison pic shows, I gained an extra inch. 20" vs 19" from the lowest point. Of course the muffler delete rock crawlers are optimal, but they're too loud, and I'm not doing anything so extreme right now that it would matter.

As for sound, it's much deeper without being too loud. I expected it to be a little more aggressive sounding, but am satisfied with it.

I promise I will make a better video soon... The cell microphone is not picking up anything in the garage. But I included it anyway.

You can find more info on my Jeep here: https://www.instagram.com/suboptimal_

20180529_171140.jpg 20180529_171112.jpg 20180529_174817.jpg 20180529_174910.jpg 20180529_174650.jpg
Sponsored

Last edited:

Fib3r0ne

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL Sahara
Its not even as loud as stock. Thanks for posting this, glad I didn't order.

OP
OP
JD Flick

JD Flick

First Name
JD
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Occupation
That video is misleading. This exhaust converts the more high-pitch "treble" sound to a low-pitch "bassy" sound. The microphone on my cellphone doesn't pick up the deep sounds.

It sounds much better than stock in person. It's a deep rumble vs a high revving sound.

@Magnaflow might want to comment here.

Dreadnought_Leviathan

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon
Occupation
Finance
Vehicle Showcase
Yes it is.

Check out my thread for some additional footage of you need it.

Dreadnought_Leviathan

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Finance
Vehicle Showcase
It looks great on the gray. I installed mine over the weekend. I initially wanted an aggressive sound, but this has grown on me.

It’s got a pleasant growl to it.

I trailed mine this past weekend too. Went on some pretty intense ones and came through without a scratch. On the exhaust at least.

Sponsored

Dreadnought_Leviathan

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Finance
Vehicle Showcase
Nice @Dreadnought_Leviathan, thanks! I like how yours looks with the hitch receiver removed, I might do that.

Thanks.

I don’t believe mine came with the hitch receiver. Isn’t that part of a package or does it come with all Rubicons?

Dreadnought_Leviathan

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Finance
Vehicle Showcase
Man, that stock exhaust is hideous, isn’t it?

OP
OP
JD Flick

JD Flick

First Name
JD
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Occupation
Man, that stock exhaust is hideous, isn’t it?
Yep! Especially on a dark Jeep. It's like a big bare-metal belly hanging down.

As far as the hitch, I think I selected that option. I never planned on towing anything, but I thought I might use it for a bike carrier or something.

Mkz567

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 wrangler jl rubicon
Occupation
Business owner
Mine had a exhaust tip touching metal bumper. Its pretty mellow but highway at around 2500rpm it can get loud. Unfortunately i went with the shiny ones.

Sponsored

Dreadnought_Leviathan

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Finance
Vehicle Showcase
Mine had a exhaust tip touching metal bumper. Its pretty mellow but highway at around 2500rpm it can get loud. Unfortunately i went with the shiny ones.
I like the look of the chrome exhaust as well. I just went with black because it was more in line with the look I was going for.

NYC_Bobby

First Name
Bobby
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Rubicon, 2018 JL MOAB, 2016 Renegade Trailhawk
I had to "adjust" mine as well. At about the 3rd start I got a rattle from the passenger side exhaust tip because it was to close to the steel bumper. Put it on a lift, loosened the camp and pulled it down a bit. It's been fine all week.

Gremluc

First Name
Lou
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Dodge Challenger & 2017 Chrysler Pacifica
To start, this thing looks awesome. From standing eye level, the muffler is virtually invisible. The tips are just right - they are visible, not too wide, and don't stick out past the bumper.

To clear up a misconception about the dual tip - you do not lose ground clearance to stock exhaust. As my comparison pic shows, I gained an extra inch. 20" vs 19" from the lowest point. Of course the muffler delete rock crawlers are optimal, but they're too loud, and I'm not doing anything so extreme right now that it would matter.

As for sound, it's much deeper without being too loud. I expected it to be a little more aggressive sounding, but am satisfied with it.

I promise I will make a better video soon... The cell microphone is not picking up anything in the garage. But I included it anyway.

You can find more info on my Jeep here: https://www.instagram.com/suboptimal_

20180529_171140.jpg 20180529_171112.jpg 20180529_174817.jpg 20180529_174910.jpg 20180529_174650.jpg
Looks great - sounds great - had it installed on my JL. Agree with above.

Ape

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLU Rubi
I've been running this exhaust on my JK for the past year and while it is noticeably louder than the stock, it's not obnoxious. It is a much richer, deeper and satisfying sound...and offers a few extra inches of ground clearance ...all of which the stock muffler lacks.

Summary: If you want 'in-your-face' loud, this is not the right muffler. But if you want something that sings with soul and looks solid, this is the perfect choice.

Dreadnought_Leviathan

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Finance
Vehicle Showcase
I've been running this exhaust on my JK for the past year and while it is noticeably louder than the stock, it's not obnoxious. It is a much richer, deeper and satisfying sound...and offers a few extra inches of ground clearance ...all of which the stock muffler lacks.

Summary: If you want 'in-your-face' loud, this is not the right muffler. But if you want something that sings with soul and looks solid, this is the perfect choice.
Agreed. This is a CLEAN sounding system. It’s got edge and character, but it’s also a refined sound. I initially wanted the aggressive note, but now I really love my Magnaflow system. As time as gone on, I’ve noticed that the sound is a little deeper and slightly more aggressive, while still maintaining a refined sound. I didn’t understand why so many people suggested Magnaflow until I’ve owned a system of my own.
Sponsored