MAGIC....Auto Start/Stop Disabled Itself

R3D J33P

First Name
JC
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR - Firecracker Red
OK, normally I do not use auto start stop and I always push the disable button when I start the Jeep. But today I forgot and while at a stop light I let off the brake pedal the auto start stop chugs a bit and then I get this error message on my dash. Now as much is I am annoyed by the auto start stop I do not like error messages on my dash panel so does anyone know how to get this
resolved?

20191203_144934.jpg
Sponsored

GreyFox

First Name
Brandy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 JKU, 19 JL
Take it to the dealer:like: Mine turned out to be a loose wire.

Rudolph Hart

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR GME Mojito!
Occupation
Semi retired
There seems to have been a variety of fixes for this, a new auxiliary battery sorted mine.

Gee-pah

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL Wrangler
In order of possibility...
  • You're running a 3.6L whose supplemental/ESS/Aux battery isn't getting enough charge and a trickle charger will resolve this. Are you an infrequent or short trips driver? This describes both my situation and solution.
  • One or more of the batteries on a 3.6L needs replacement.
  • Something including the above or not, that is more complex.

Yeah, the dealer's best on this one if you don't already have or want to hook up a trickle charger (first, and) going forward.

OP
OP
R3D J33P

R3D J33P

First Name
JC
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I do have a 3.6 and no my daily commute is about 45 min each way. Is the trickle charger a one time use or do I need to leave it on there daily?

In order of possibility...
  • You're running a 3.6L whose supplemental/ESS/Aux battery isn't getting enough charge and a trickle charger will resolve this. Are you an infrequent or short trips driver? This describes both my situation and solution.
  • One or more of the batteries on a 3.6L needs replacement.
  • Something including the above or not, that is more complex.

Yeah, the dealer's best on this one if you don't already have or want to hook up a trickle charger (first, and) going forward.

Sponsored

Columbus104

First Name
Kurtis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler Moab (white)
It looks from your gear selection (bottom of your instrument panel) that you are manually changing the gears in your automatic. Were you doing this when it disabled itself? The Auto Start/Stop won't engage when you have it in manual mode.

OP
OP
R3D J33P

R3D J33P

First Name
JC
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
No, I am not manually changing gears. I just have the display setting to show current gear.

MacJack

First Name
-O)|||||(O-Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Rubicon JL 2 Door
Vehicle Showcase
This happen to me with in the first week of taking delievery.... dealer checked code and need to replace my PVC sensor... Easy fix and that is over 8k miles ago.

OP
OP
R3D J33P

R3D J33P

First Name
JC
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
This happen to me with in the first week of taking delievery.... dealer checked code and need to replace my PVC sensor... Easy fix and that is over 8k miles ago.
Looks like a trip to the dealer for me.

Sean L

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU, 2017 Honda Accord, 2014 Yamaha XVS 1300
Occupation
Retired Marine, Construction Estimator
Vehicle Showcase
Looks like a trip to the dealer for me.
Agreed. A problem with the Start/Stop system is an early indicator for something that will get worse down the line and result in a Check Engine Light, or problems with your electrical system. It will probably be a simple fix though.

Sponsored

aprez27

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Wrangler Rubicon
Vehicle Showcase
I'd bring it in like the rest are saying. Mine stranded me twice, major fuse/shorting issues.

AlexJeepVB

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JL Rubicon 2.0T eTorque
I had the same message and it ended up needed the PCM update. My dealer told me there was a service bulletin about this. The update fixed the issue. The service department scratching my fender while working on it is a different story lol.

JeepDave

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 2D Sport, V6, Manual Transmission
My Jeep is currently getting the Star case treatment for this.

I ignored the warning light for a long time as it always reset itself when you turned the engine off. I don’t care to use the feature & have a manual so that’s really a non-issue. But when it got cold, the Jeep wouldn’t start reliably, so I took it in to get fixed.

First story was the same as above, aux battery not charged, you don’t drive enough, here’s a new aux battery, you’re good to go. Well that lasted a day, malfunction light comes back on the next day.

So, take it back in and this time the code says the clutch sensor needs to be recalibrated (sounds like a blinker fluid replacement if you ask me) so they do that, say I’m good to go. This lasts all of 25 minutes, the time it takes me to get home from the dealer, as the warning light comes back on just as I turn down my street.

So I go back again and they’ve had it since then, 4 workdays, opened a Star case, and now they’ve got a clutch part ordered, supposed to come in tomorrow so we’ll see.

OP
OP
R3D J33P

R3D J33P

First Name
JC
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
My Jeep is currently getting the Star case treatment for this.

I ignored the warning light for a long time as it always reset itself when you turned the engine off. I don’t care to use the feature & have a manual so that’s really a non-issue. But when it got cold, the Jeep wouldn’t start reliably, so I took it in to get fixed.

First story was the same as above, aux battery not charged, you don’t drive enough, here’s a new aux battery, you’re good to go. Well that lasted a day, malfunction light comes back on the next day.

So, take it back in and this time the code says the clutch sensor needs to be recalibrated (sounds like a blinker fluid replacement if you ask me) so they do that, say I’m good to go. This lasts all of 25 minutes, the time it takes me to get home from the dealer, as the warning light comes back on just as I turn down my street.

So I go back again and they’ve had it since then, 4 workdays, opened a Star case, and now they’ve got a clutch part ordered, supposed to come in tomorrow so we’ll see.
WOW....sorry to hear that. Hope it gets resolved.

JeepDave

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 2D Sport, V6, Manual Transmission
WOW....sorry to hear that. Hope it gets resolved.
Thanks. It’s tied in to so many different systems, it seems impossible to diagnose in one trip to the dealer. Of course that’s just my experience anyway. Can’t imagine the hours they’ll charge for this on a non-warranty fix.
Sponsored