First Name
Richard (Rich)
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
07 Ford Edge, 76 Yamaha xs 500, and 89 Honda PC800
Occupation
UPS Worldport 1DA
I'm not a fan of a ball coupler for my usecase, but for many that is a viable option. đź‘Ť

The max coupler is a really easy install, much better articulation than the ball and/or pintle and is still quiet as can be. However the cruisemaster do35 is a superior setup in every way, except for purchase price and ease of installation.
Most hitches out of Oz are pretty damn good.
My favorite.
https://www.mchitch.com.au/
A similar design to the cruisemaster.
https://www.hitch-ezy.com.au/

Would be nice to have a better market in the US.

The closest US alternative.
https://www.etrailer.com/Straight-T...HXtcPvl8Rv9O_Z7W8BGFAyo-md0zY5yYaAsVwEALw_wcB
Sponsored

JeepinPete

First Name
Pete
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 Mojito JLUR, '95 Land Cruiser

FLTrailRider

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rubicon 2dr
I've searched and can't find 8 lug to 5x5 log adapters. Care to share where you got yours??

Anyone who makes adapters can custom make them. I used USAdapters.com. Be very carful on your measurements and what size socket you want to fit.

rraulston

First Name
ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Gladiator
I removed the pintle and surge brake from my trailer. Never liked to noise of the pintle setup, and the hydraulic sprung a leak. Replaced the brakes with electric brakes (bolt on). Replaced the lunette with a normal 2" ball coupler. That took a bit of drilling of the coupler to match up with the holes in the trailer.

JxZtDYMe9tVZRB7mjSn-zI_Q=w1794-h1009-no?authuser=0.jpg
I am going to do the same thing. My electric brake assemblies will be here this week... If only Jeep would get in the factory brake controllers, I would be set....

Sponsored

El_Rubicon_rM

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU
Currently thats what I am doing, big ol riser. Have to take the spare off and its not really an ideal setup. With a lift and 37's it wouldn't be that bad honestly though. However once I swap the axle, and convert to electric, I will be fabing a new setup using either a max coupler or cruisemaster do 35. Drop it at the trailer and lift the jeep, it should put it perfectly in line.
To r

El_Rubicon_rM

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU
I was trying to up load a picture of a custom hitch i made , so i don’t have tl remove tire . Here is a quick video.​
What did you end up using to solve the hitch height problem? I see a lot of drop hitch Lynette receivers that can be reversed to provide a rise, looks the the simplest solution but not sure.
Here is a custom hitch that I made to solve the hitch height on same trailer.

Attachments

El_Rubicon_rM

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU
The wife and I took the trailer out for Memorial Day and had a few nights dispersed camping in Dahlonega. Absolutely loving this thing!

Ditched the military 12 pin connector and converted to 7 pin connector, added some roadshock harbor freight special reverse lights, got our 20L wavian jerry can, patched the top, ditched the standard detent pins used for everything on this with grip loop detent pins. We got rid of the military safety chains as their size/shape didn't work with the JL receiver hook locations. Used 3/8" G70 chain with G70 slip hooks to limit fire hazard and in case we ever tow this into CA.

Much more to do before we leave for Ouray on the 26th of this month. Going to have a week in Ouray then 4 days in Moab!!

20210601_114935-01.jpeg

20210602_130145-01.jpeg

20210602_133513-01.jpeg
Awsome set up. And I agree with you on one of your comments snout how those over priced trailers are easily justifiable on their price lol … building one ain’t cheap or easy. One i figure how to add pics I will post some here if you don’t mind.
Sponsored