First Name
Charlie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rubicon, 2021 Gladiator Rubicon, 2013 Ram2500
Occupation
Retired - Business Consultant
I disagree. We paid for this and it doesn't work. It seems Jeep has known about this for at least 3 years and done nothing but promise a fix "next quarter" for 3 years. The damages are the amount we paid to have a functional system and any expenses people have paid to have it fixed without it actually being fixed. I'm not a lawyer and I'm not about to be the one to start a lawsuit, but I think it would have a chance of success and if someone else started one, I'd seriously consider joining. When I buy something, I have a reasonable expectation that it will work and if it does not work that the manufacturer will fix it. So far Jeep has failed on both ends of that.
Well John I used to be a federal prosecutor and trust me when I'm telling you there isn't a lawyer that will start a class action based on these issues. If you have (or think you have) been damaged and want to sue ... more power to you but this is not "class action". Go take a look at class action and see what the average open case time is. When it's over, the legal staff, if successful will benefit much greater than the collective base of plaintiffs.

It would cost you less to buy a new unit out of pocket and install it than dick around with a legal staff and the other plaintiffs with a class action.

So whatever you're going to do, do it on your own. That's the only point I was trying to make.

C
Sponsored

onpatrol99

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep JL Rubicon
Hi Tim, thanks for posting, mine said software updated but is version 20, how can I get yours version 21? Uconnect assist? Or any number need call? Thanks again.

My advise is contact @JeepCares on this forum and ASK for the update. Send them your issue, your vin, and pic of your JL Uconnect software version. ASK for the over the air update. I was working with Courtney.

She was able to get the latest version sent to my Jeep.

Hope this helps.... Tim

onpatrol99

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep JL Rubicon
@onpatrol99 is there anyway to ask your contact the best route for anyone in this thread to get that updated software.
My advise is contact @JeepCares on this forum and ASK for the update. Send them your issue, your vin, and pic of your JL Uconnect software version. ASK for the over the air update. I was working with Courtney.

I hope this helps you! Tim

onpatrol99

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep JL Rubicon
So my software is at version 20 and your picture shows version 21. Do you have to call to get the software version released or is there a wat to kick it off.

I would not wait for them to contact you. ASK for the update..... I hope this helps.

I did exhaust all the other available options over the last 3 years with negative results. Courtney @JeepCares got the update sent to my jeep....

MacJack

First Name
-O)|||||(O-Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Rubicon JL 2 Door
Vehicle Showcase
Yesterday while gassing up, got a on screen alert doing a update for 30 plus minutes. Not sure what it was, I looked it up and read this post and checked out backup camera lines etc. So I drove doing around while errands and all done.

All is well and the same version 21.11.11 plus all the same numbers except serial number.

FYI, I have a 2018 JLR.

So be patience.

Happy Jeeping

Sponsored

Skippy477

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Wrangler Sahara 4xe
Yesterday while gassing up, got a on screen alert doing a update for 30 plus minutes. Not sure what it was, I looked it up and read this post and checked out backup camera lines etc. So I drove doing around while errands and all done.

All is well and the same version 21.11.11 plus all the same numbers except serial number.

FYI, I have a 2018 JLR.

So be patience.

Happy Jeeping
Did you just randomly get an OTA update or had you contacted Jeep at some point about this issue?

beast40

First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Rubicon
Following this thread. I've had the blue screen of death for over a week now. Hopefully an update will resolve it. I've tried everything in every thread and would love to avoid the dealership at all cost. Thank you!

nmonson

First Name
Neil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited
Glad I found this forum and thread before I called the dealer. I had this happen a couple of times on my week old 2021 JL and it really confused me. Sounds like having the dealer mess with it never ends well and that waiting for the promised software update is the right call.

west tex

First Name
Skoro
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JL 2dr 80th Edition, 2017 Renegade Trailhawk
Occupation
Retired, as in "Tired again"
The dealers are powerless in this mess.

It's a Uconnect software issue that Jeep/FCA/Stellantis simply hasn't addressed over the past three years. We're all waiting for a fix that should have been done long ago and yet they're STILL turning out defective products from the factory.

Ron93YJ

First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rubicon 4xe
Maybe I found a fix?

Like most of you, the lines from my backup camera have been hit and miss since I bought the 2021 JLU three months ago. But something I noticed recently is, when my iPhone is connected to the center console USB port, the lines seem to work all of the time. I've been intentional about plugging in my phone every time I get in the Jeep for about two weeks now, and the lines have shown up every time so far. I'll repost if this stops being the case, but so far...
Thanks. I will have to test this out to see if it works for me.

Sponsored

Gladius Nova

First Name
Gladius
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JL
I truly agree. Mine was reset to work at dealer this morning, not working same afternoon...
That's why I don't understand the waste of time people go through to do the reset. It has been proven the reset may work for a day or so, and then the lines appear/disappear again. The minute I drove off the lot after purchase I got intermittent back-up lines. I am not doing a reset every time this happens, and I am not wasting time going to the dealer with this issue. To tell you the truth, I am used to the lines coming and going now, but I will be happy when the get a permanent fix for this.

Rebicon

First Name
Becky
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Rubicon Unlimited 4-Door
I contacted UConnect support today and they walked me through how to find my software version. Apparently everyone's latest version of software could be different based on what they're driving. So the 21.11.11 version posted earlier for the 2018 is not the latest for my 2021. In order to find my software version I had to hold in the driver side temperature up button, temperature down button, and front defrost all at the same time. That brings up the Dealer Mode options where I selected System Information->Radio Parts List (I think it was). I attached a picture. My current version is circled in red (that's what the rep told me anyway).

He put me on hold for a few minutes and came back and said that there's definitely a software upgrade being done to address the disappearing lines and that a case manager will call me within a few days to help me get the update. So it seems that the OTA updates don't get pushed automatically, you need to call and it's done on a case-by-case basis. Once they get me the latest version I'll post an update on whether it worked or not.

Jeep Wrangler JL Lost backup camera guide lines 20210601_160625x

Gladius Nova

First Name
Gladius
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JL
I contacted UConnect support today and they walked me through how to find my software version. Apparently everyone's latest version of software could be different based on what they're driving. So the 21.11.11 version posted earlier for the 2018 is not the latest for my 2021. In order to find my software version I had to hold in the driver side temperature up button, temperature down button, and rear defrost all at the same time. That brings up the Dealer Mode options where I selected System Information->Radio Parts List (I think it was). I attached a picture. My current software version is circled in red.

He put me on hold for a few minutes and came back and said that there's definitely a software upgrade being done to address the disappearing lines and that a case manager will call me within a few days to help me get the update. So it seems that the OTA updates don't get pushed automatically, you need to call and it's done on a case-by-case basis. Once they get me the latest version I'll post an update on whether it worked or not.
wow....smh

OldGuyNewJeep

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JL, 2016 Yukon XL
So it seems that the OTA updates don't get pushed automatically, you need to call and it's done on a case-by-case basis.
I donā€™t think thatā€™s right. I have received three OTA updates so far and have never called.

Edit: the latest update that was pushed to me last week seems to make things worse, not better. I am getting more frequent freezes and random reboots

Jeep Wrangler JL Lost backup camera guide lines FC251780-6FA3-4F5A-BF24-61EE60B6464F
Jeep Wrangler JL Lost backup camera guide lines D7CA9D4B-64E8-4E07-A705-137A86C03AE8
Jeep Wrangler JL Lost backup camera guide lines 91543C89-C0C2-43EC-848E-8C6B004C33FD

Rebicon

First Name
Becky
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Rubicon Unlimited 4-Door
I donā€™t think thatā€™s right. I have received three OTA updates so far and have never called.

Edit: the latest update that was pushed to me last week seems to make things worse, not better. I am getting more frequent freezes and random reboots
I could definitely be wrong, but they told me my software was behind like 3 updates and I've never seen an OTA update popup on my screen. So I just assumed it must be something I needed to initiate.

If your problems are worse maybe they can roll back to the version that wasn't as bad. It's definitely worth contacting UConnect customer support to open a claim so they can try and help. Well, hopefully it's worth it...will see if they come through for me. šŸ˜•
Sponsored