cosmokenney

First Name
Cosmo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLR (2-door)
All,
I have posted on the other thread as well about steering feels loose and wanders. If you are having loose steering issues to to the website:

www-odi.nhtsa.dot.gov (National Highway Traffic Safety Administration) and file a complaint.

You will need your VIN number and any other documents you would want to provide them as you can upload documents. If may take a little while but they will get backe to you. I feel Jeep has been skirting this issue for far to long with their BS. If enough people file compaints we may get some help in pressuring Jeep to fix what appears to be a pretty well documented issue.
You would think the 316 PAGES of complaints on this one - of many - forum threads would be proof enough that there is an issue: https://www.jlwranglerforums.com/fo...els-like-it-has-play-and-drifts.3691/page-316
Sponsored

Fly Navy

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
34 Ford coupe, 32 Ford truck, open wheeled HotRods, 99 Chevy truck, considering a Jeep
I took my JL in to the Jeep dealership for oil change. They didn't even notice I had changed the steering.

One extra added plus - the TAZR unit which I ordered along with the POS steering, allows you to "uncheck" the automatic engine shutoff every time you come to a stop sign!
Not trying to hijack this thread Buuuuuut ^ This is not a permanent set once to off forever setting ?

If that is true Jeep just lost 42k I will never own a vehicle with that

Pep

Tumbleweed

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18' JLU Auto 3.6L
Not trying to hijack this thread Buuuuuut ^ This is not a permanent set once to off forever setting ?

If that is true Jeep just lost 42k I will never own a vehicle with that

Pep
Considering my 12v ESS battery and alternator just got replaced at 7k/5 months of ownership i dont blame you. Ill never purchase another vehicle with it plus you cant jump your vehicle with a standard battery jumper either, not a good combo when you're out in the middle of nowhere alone

word302

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU
Considering my 12v ESS battery and alternator just got replaced at 7k/5 months of ownership i dont blame you. Ill never purchase another vehicle with it plus you cant jump your vehicle with a standard battery jumper either, not a good combo when you're out in the middle of nowhere alone
Any oversize vehicles will likely have this going forward.

Sponsored

OP
OP

Encycloman

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler Unlimited JL
Occupation
Retired Scientist/Metallurgy
Sorry about incomplete. Yes, box is replaced. My conversion cost about $3400, but that's based on my estimated use. Quadratec or PSC might recommend something else
What was done was to have the steering system replaced, using the heavy duty hydraulic swap-out from Performance Steering Components. The Hydraulic pretty much replaces the electric system. It can be done by anyone familiar with mechanical auto stuff, but I chose to have an experienced Jeep tech do it for me.
Sponsored