Looking for help with an unnecessarily over-complicated solution

Status
Not open for further replies.

JesseT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'24 4xe
Hi everyone, as the title states I'm looking for help with an over-complicated solution to a simple problem. This solution involves modifying a part that nobody in their right mind has ever tried to modify before, but I'm only accepting input from people who have modified this specific, non-user-serviceable part. I'm not interested at all in any simpler solutions to my problem, even if they make a lot more sense.

I'm not going to give you guys enough information about my Jeep or the part I'm trying to modify though. Well, that's not quite right. I'm actually planning on letting that info trickle out over the next few pages of this thread, interspersed with various insults and personal attacks.

Oh yeah, that reminds me, just to be forewarned that I'm also quick to anger and plan on giving grief to literally everyone who has anything to say other than a quick and direct answer to my highly-specific (but also poorly-asked) question because I consider you all my employees even though I don't pay any of you.

Who's ready for a fun discussion? (100% on my terms, of course)
Sponsored

autotragic

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 JLR 6MT
(please don't ban me, I'm just trying to have some fun with the other casualties of this forum's latest...big personality) ?
I think most of us understand exactly where this came from.
10/10 would recommend.

But please don't try to solder another wire into your airbag harness for power to your headrest mounted tv screens. Unless you want to of course. If you do please make sure to post the results to ticktock for everyone to see.

Sponsored

Ratbert

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
AEV JL370 JLURD , AMG GLC43
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Software Engineer
Clubs

Hey, at least the most recent prodigy didn't introduce a new conspiracy with every post while repeatedly claiming that he introduced none. His personal attacks must have ramped up significantly for him to get banned.

I have to hand it to @Flip for some of his classic responses.

gek

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU Willys
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Code Monkey

yokramer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 JLR, '13 Juke Nismo, '88 10th Anny RX7
Hey, at least the most recent prodigy didn't introduce a new conspiracy with every post while repeatedly claiming that he introduced none. His personal attacks must have ramped up significantly for him to get banned.

I have to hand it to @Flip for some of his classic responses.
Oh man what did I miss today?

Sponsored

Sean L

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU, 2017 Honda Accord, 2014 Yamaha XVS 1300
Occupation
Retired Marine, Construction Estimator
Vehicle Showcase
I'll be here to come in late and reply to the first post after 47 pages of the same answer (and arguments over said answer) have been posted.

rcadden

First Name
Ricky
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Hydro Blue Sahara Altitude
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Marketing
Clubs

Just flagging that I *still* have yet to find a suitable solution to my need for a heated shifter knob*

*For automatic only. I don't drive a stick, but if I did, I already know that it's not a good idea to rest your hand on the shifter knob, so I *really* don't need a full lecture on why you shouldn't rest your hand on the shifter knob.

wibornz

First Name
Ted
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
JL Unlimited Rubicon
Occupation
Retired from Corrections....I have stories.
What you want is easily achieved. Use a hack saw to remove your Jeep emblems. Then use Locktite 380 to glue on Toyota emblems on the front and Bronco Emblems on the back.

Loctite 380

Jeep Wrangler JL Looking for help with an unnecessarily over-complicated solution tempImage8iWAMn

Then add a decal that it is a Jeep Rescue Vehicle.

Of course, Use Steel D-Rings shackles from Harbor Freight and a Chinese Kinetic Rope rated at 12,000 pounds. Then full skinny pedal. Ensure that your cheap Chinese recovery points are held in with mild steel bolts then catch all the action with a first gen GoPro camera.
Jeep Wrangler JL Looking for help with an unnecessarily over-complicated solution 1710881001289-pm

It will be sweet.

Sean L

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU, 2017 Honda Accord, 2014 Yamaha XVS 1300
Occupation
Retired Marine, Construction Estimator
Vehicle Showcase
What you want is easily achieved. Use a hack saw to remove your Jeep emblems. Then use Locktite 380 to glue on Toyota emblems on the front and Bronco Emblems on the back.

Loctite 380

Jeep Wrangler JL Looking for help with an unnecessarily over-complicated solution 1710881001289-pm

Then add a decal that it is a Jeep Rescue Vehicle.

Of course, Use Steel D-Rings shackles from Harbor Freight and a Chinese Kinetic Rope rated at 12,000 pounds. Then full skinny pedal. Ensure that your cheap Chinese recovery points are held in with mild steel bolts then catch all the action with a first gen GoPro camera.

It will be sweet.
And Make sure the camera is not held steady during the entire process.

rcadden

First Name
Ricky
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Hydro Blue Sahara Altitude
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Marketing
Clubs