Sponsored

Long wait times for orders? Why?

Kryten

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Wrangler Rubicon Unlimited
Like a lot of people here I was trying to figure out why some take so long. Mine was ordered 10/22 and built 1/5 but still hasn’t shipped. I had a theory and this Mike moron has been going on and on about how wrong I am based on the fact that one or two delivered Jeeps don’t fit my theory. The guy obviously has a stiffy for me because he can’t seem to get me off his mind. He keeps telling people how wrong they are even though people that work in the industry have told him how wrong he is but he still won’t shut the hell up.

Apparently his explanation is that they’re so unorganized at the factory that they’ve just randomly lost a half million dollars worth of Jeeps. And somehow I’m the idiot for thinking it might be a part shortage after a dealer told me that mine was waiting for additional equipment to be installed.
Sponsored

OP
OP

MoWheelsMoProblems

First Name
Tez
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JT Gobi Rubicon
Occupation
Administrative Assistant
Everything that's been said is valid, but also dealer allocation may be at play in some cases. Not sure how Stellantis does it, but my 2022 arrived at the dealer in 48 days. That is definitely not the standard, but I ordered from Gupton and left off both safety packages (possibly less chips so a faster build?).
A lot of people are saying it's the Chips. I can see it for the most part but with all the jeeps they're still pulling out, I personally don't think it makes that much sense. At least in my mind, I just feel there's something else that's at fault but I don't think I'll ever get an answer.

2nd 392

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Grand Cherokee srt.V10 Dodge 4x
M
The only jeeps near me are the funky ones no one would order
Maybe they know what can and cannot get produced and order accordingly? When pickins are slim the funky ones will sell🤔

OP
OP

MoWheelsMoProblems

First Name
Tez
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JT Gobi Rubicon
Occupation
Administrative Assistant
Like a lot of people here I was trying to figure out why some take so long. Mine was ordered 10/22 and built 1/5 but still hasn’t shipped. I had a theory and this Mike moron has been going on and on about how wrong I am based on the fact that one or two delivered Jeeps don’t fit my theory. The guy obviously has a stiffy for me because he can’t seem to get me off his mind. He keeps telling people how wrong they are even though people that work in the industry have told him how wrong he is but he still won’t shut the hell up.

Apparently his explanation is that they’re so unorganized at the factory that they’ve just randomly lost a half million dollars worth of Jeeps. And somehow I’m the idiot for thinking it might be a part shortage after a dealer told me that mine was waiting for additional equipment to be installed.
Oh that must be fun. It's for sure some part shortage, but I was trying to see if anyone knows what specifically it might be. Trying to see if it's an option I should avoid or if I should expect a longer wait. But your theory is it just parts or what do you think?

jc1003

First Name
Jorge
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Sahara, 2019 Pacifica, 2016 CX-9, 2023 Hornet
Occupation
IT
I blame it on the weather.

Sponsored

OP
OP

MoWheelsMoProblems

First Name
Tez
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JT Gobi Rubicon
Occupation
Administrative Assistant
Remember to look at member locations. Canadian orders have taken FOREVER to fill for well over a year. I'm in the Midwest, and my March '21 order took 3 months to arrive...but I did order weird things like a 2-door and a manual transmission. How freakish, amiright???
That seems like a normal time frame. My doctor had about the same wait time for her 2 door manual willys.

Ratbert

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
AEV JL370 JLURD , AMG GLC43
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Software Engineer
Clubs

OP
OP

MoWheelsMoProblems

First Name
Tez
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JT Gobi Rubicon
Occupation
Administrative Assistant

Code3recon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon
I ordered a 2022 JLUXR on Jan 9th. I was quoted 6-8 weeks. I checked back with them for an update about a week ago and they said i won’t get it till MAYBE May.

no way I could wait that long. I recently sold my 4Runner so I was without a vehicle and borrowing my wife’s car.

Anyway, I got lucky and found a dealer local to me, who had the jeep JLUXR I wanted. It did have a few more options than I originally ordered and was a little more expensive but in the end I got what I wanted.

Sponsored

Kryten

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Oh that must be fun. It's for sure some part shortage, but I was trying to see if anyone knows what specifically it might be. Trying to see if it's an option I should avoid or if I should expect a longer wait. But your theory is it just parts or what do you think?
I don't know what to think anymore. I will say, if you are patient and you really want one, order one as soon as possible and get in line. You may get it in record time or you may sit and wait while people that order 2 months after you are posting pictures of their Jeeps. There seems to be no rhyme or reason to which ones they build and ship first. It's pointless trying to figure it out. Jeep shares no information and though most people here are very friendly and helpful a few will roast you for even attempting to figure out what's going on. Good luck!

Kryten

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I ordered a 2022 JLUXR on Jan 9th. I was quoted 6-8 weeks. I checked back with them for an update about a week ago and they said i won’t get it till MAYBE May.

no way I could wait that long. I recently sold my 4Runner so I was without a vehicle and borrowing my wife’s car.

Anyway, I got lucky and found a dealer local to me, who had the jeep JLUXR I wanted. It did have a few more options than I originally ordered and was a little more expensive but in the end I got what I wanted.
I'm looking at what's available within a 300 mile radius and I'm finding lots of Jeeps that are pretty much the same as I ordered. My VIN is in the 9000s and many of these are in the 50,000s or higher. So much for custom orders being built and shipped before dealer inventory!

2nd 392

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Grand Cherokee srt.V10 Dodge 4x
Thank you. That's the best explanation so far. I wish jeep would list out items that take more than a month to get.
Or keep you posted and give you a choice. IE- option A, or color B are back ordered and will cause an X time delay, would you like to delete the option, change the color etc. and let you choose!

Mikes4xe

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 4xe, 22 4xE HA 10/29 order, still in D
I'm looking at what's available within a 300 mile radius and I'm finding lots of Jeeps that are pretty much the same as I ordered. My VIN is in the 9000s and many of these are in the 50,000s or higher. So much for custom orders being built and shipped before dealer inventory!
Must be the tow pkg, or the cold weather group that’s on just about every single one being built and delivered every day.

JABCAT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 GC High Altitude 4x4, '22 JLU on order
Occupation
College Professor
Hey everyone, I'm doing what research I can before ordering and one thing I noticed was it seems like some people are waiting a long time for the Jeeps and some people are getting theirs within 2 months? 2 people I've spoken to have had their Jeeps ordered back in November and they say they haven't even started to be built. Does anyone have any idea as to why this might be? I've heard that there are some items on back order, but does anyone know any specific parts/packages that would hold up an order? I know I have to be patient, but putting in an order and waiting 4 months just to be told it hasn't even been started on would be infuriating. Any insight would be really helpful.
If you want to spec out a vehicle exactly how you want it, then put your order in now. The longer you wait, the longer you may have to wait. Based on VINs thus far, there have been over 90k orders placed to-date. That means probably about 1/2 the orders for the entire model year based on past production totals.

If you’re not as particular about what model or options, start searching dealer inventories. My dealer currently shows they have 10 available, at least on their website. These range from Sports, Saharas, and a couple Rubicons. There are many dealers in my area & they all show vehicles in their inventory.
Sponsored