Sponsored

LoD building fire

EDH_JL

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Sport
Vehicle Showcase
Thank you everyone for your kind words and sympathies. As you already may know, no one was hurt in this mornings fire. We would like to thank the local Fire Departments and emergency personel from Otterbein, Pine village, Oxford and Fowler and all support staff and everyone else involved! Thanks to them we are not suffering a more extensive loss. Please bare with us over the next few days while we get everything back in order. I know a lot of you who have placed orders with us or our distributors probably have questions. I would suggest you first contact the distribution company you ordered from, or us if you ordered direct. But please be patient as it may take a couple days for us to respond. We will work to fulfill as many orders as possible as soon as possible!

Thank you all again for your well wishes, I'll continue to post updates to this thread in the coming days.
Sorry to hear but as others said good that no one was hurt. Hopefully you are well insured, if you need advice on your claim shoot me a message. Not an attorney just manage large property claims for a living.
Sponsored

WhatExit?

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT Rubicon Launch Edition | 2021 F350 6.7L
LoD makes great products. They're innovators in the marketplace.

I'm sorry to hear about their misfortune and hope they're back up to 100% really soon. Glad no one was hurt

Chemy350

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Occupation
Mortgage Loan Officer
Their website says they are on hold for production

"LoD suffered a devastating loss this morning due to a building fire. All production and office will be closed temporarily or until further notice. We will have more information to come as soon as we can. Please be patient and respectful during these hard times." - Found directly on their site

1quick1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUS
Vehicle Showcase
Bummer. Seem like they make good products. I have their front bumper.

Sponsored

RTJ

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler JL Sport Unlimited
Their website says they are on hold for production

"LoD suffered a devastating loss this morning due to a building fire. All production and office will be closed temporarily or until further notice. We will have more information to come as soon as we can. Please be patient and respectful during these hard times." - Found directly on their site
Ouch. That bites. I got the Destroyer front and rear bumpers and rock rails. Good stuff.
I hope they recover quickly.

lodoffroad

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 White JLU
Hey everyone, just want to give all today's update! But first again thanks all for your well wishes! We work hard to produce the best products we can, and without you all we would be nothing!

Today has been productive for sure! Computer systems are getting back online, phone systems are back. I expect we will begin excepting new orders early to mid next week albeit on a limited basis. Our first order of business though is to make sure we can deliver all of your current orders. But please be patient, we will reach out to you if we expect delays.

Thank you all again, have a great weekend knowing we are working hard to continue to deliver!

Sponsored

UKCATS

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR Recon/2020 Mazda3 Hatchback
Occupation
I play piano in a whorehouse
Best wishes to you LOD. You make good looking stuff. Hope you are back to 100% soon.

Dkretden

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR 3.6L
Hey everyone, just want to give all today's update! But first again thanks all for your well wishes! We work hard to produce the best products we can, and without you all we would be nothing!

Today has been productive for sure! Computer systems are getting back online, phone systems are back. I expect we will begin excepting new orders early to mid next week albeit on a limited basis. Our first order of business though is to make sure we can deliver all of your current orders. But please be patient, we will reach out to you if we expect delays.

Thank you all again, have a great weekend knowing we are working hard to continue to deliver!
This is good news for the owners and all the employees. Restarting a production facility after an unplanned, chaotic, and damaging interruption is NOT a trivial feat and it will take you a bit to get the “machine” moving again.

Best wishes.

WhatExit?

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT Rubicon Launch Edition | 2021 F350 6.7L

Glad to hear you guys are getting things back in order. It's almost Thanksgiving and the holidays are near - this is a good time to be thankful and to get back in business...

2j9vos.jpg

word302

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU
I'd strongly ask, in fairness, that nobody draws conclusions as to the origins of this fire from this story but I supply it to mere share one outlet's news story.

https://www.wlfi.com/content/news/State-fire-marshal-investigating-Benton-Co-fire--564919212.html

First off, it's just one outlet's story. Second, inspectors get called to fires all the time when cause isn't clear, or simply to see if safety measures can be employed to prevent similar future occurrences.

And most fires of less than clear origin, and I'm not even sure this fire is or isn't, like the kind here that nobody seemed to witness starting, are not deliberate.
Really dude?

Rahneld

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Ronald
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL Wrangler
Really dude?
Guys, go kick the dog or something. @Dkretden .

After routinely praising LOD on this board (go check) and wishing them a speedy recovery from this incident I shared a story with "upteen" disclaimers, including the story coming from one media source, that fires are regularly inspected, and nothing negative should be drawn from this story.

Dkretden, some facts.

The story doesn't simply say a fire happened. It said an inspector was called. Many fires don't require one. Many fires that do are completely unintentional. I said that, along with providing non criminal investigation reasons, like future prevention, why someone in authority might visit a sight.

Gee, No kidding? They want to figure out how a fire happened? How odd!
Assuming this the case I expressly indicated the likelihood this fire was accidental. I implied nothing. I said others should imply nothing. I expressly said LOD earns the benefit of the doubt here. I said inspectors can be called for many reasons, including investigation of whether the very way the fire was fought was best.

the only thing important here is that the owner of the business and it’s employees are safe and that the business seems to be able to get back on its feet (according to their Facebook posts at least) producing great products made right here in America.
No. Just no. Rather, that's the single most important thing but not the only thing. There are often tons of downstream impacts from such things like people not getting goods and services as fast as hoped for, and the very employees you seem to be coming to the protection of, that you think I don't care about, losing jobs, etc.

Fellas: sometimes it gets dark at night. Why not accuse me of clock prejudice too.

For the record, go ask them, LOD sent me a friendly private email just the other day.

Right back at you @word302 : really dude? What do you think I was implying as I expressly said to offer LOD every benefit of the doubt in the world.
Sponsored