Lockers automatically engaging in 4H

blightle

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Rubicon (JL)
Has anyone experienced this? I was showing my son the off-road pages (now that they work) and we shifted into 4H. When I did that, the screen showed that both the front a rear lockers automatically engaged. I was in the street in front of the house and when I turned into the driveway you could definitely tell they were engaged as the Jeep jumped all over the place. Seems like a serious safety defect. Will take to the dealer this week.
Sponsored

Jeepsterfreak

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda, Future JLU
Yikes. Lockers should be limited to 4L. Strange they are coming on automatically and in 4H.

I would try it again. See if you can turn them off using the switches or if they stay on.

OP
OP

blightle

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Rubicon (JL)
Yikes. Lockers should be limited to 4L. Strange they are coming on automatically and in 4H.

I would try it again. See if you can turn them off using the switches or if they stay on.
Went out and tried it again this morning and no issue. Maybe it was some random fluke. Will try it a few more times and see.

Bearded_Dragon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mojito! Rubicon
Sure it was lockers causing the hop and not just 4wd? When my front locker is turn there's no way it would turn into a driveway without some serious force.

Sponsored

OP
OP

blightle

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Rubicon (JL)
Sure it was lockers causing the hop and not just 4wd? When my front locker is turn there's no way it would turn into a driveway without some serious force.
That is a fair point. Not sure I have ever tried to turn on asphalt with the lockers fully engaged. Maybe it was just being in 4H that caused the Jeep to jump around. That said, my Off-Road Pages clearly showed both the front and rear lockers as being engaged but the Off-Road pages software still seems a bit glitchy so maybe that was more of the problem.

NFRs2000NYC

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon
From what I've read, the screen is showing locked lockers may not be accurate, and they may not actually be locked. I think they still have some work to do on it.

OP
OP

blightle

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Rubicon (JL)
From what I've read, the screen is showing locked lockers may not be accurate, and they may not actually be locked. I think they still have some work to do on it.
Thanks. Guess I can confirm that this likely happened to me.
Sponsored