Light Bar on Rubicon 392

mcgunny

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rubicon 392
I modified the Westin Light Bar Mount to fit my 392. Didn't require bending or welding, just some removal of metal. I had to grind about half an inch off the front of the mount between the fender and windshield mounting points. It fits fine and with the KC Hi-Lites Pro6 Gravity LED light bar it works great. Keep in mind that if you order the light bar from KC Hi-Lites, the mount bars won't work, although KC tells me that they are working on a version of their mounting bars that will work with the 392 and the Mojave, I just couldn't wait that long :). So now here is one of the very few 392's with a light bar.
Jeep Wrangler JL Light Bar on Rubicon 392 C82216EF-401E-43B4-B9CD-D6DA8E3793BF
Sponsored

JasonInDLH

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JLUR, 15 Yukon Denali
Occupation
I’d Rather Talk Jeep’s!
I modified the Westin Light Bar Mount to fit my 392. Didn't require bending or welding, just some removal of metal. I had to grind about half an inch off the front of the mount between the fender and windshield mounting points. It fits fine and with the KC Hi-Lites Pro6 Gravity LED light bar it works great. Keep in mind that if you order the light bar from KC Hi-Lites, the mount bars won't work, although KC tells me that they are working on a version of their mounting bars that will work with the 392 and the Mojave, I just couldn't wait that long :). So now here is one of the very few 392's with a light bar.
Looks great! I’d love to experience nighttime off-roading with your rig!

ZONA.OVRLND

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
'21 392 Hemi Wrangler - Follow on IG @ zona.ovrlnd
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase

How does your front camera view look with those lights on the higher bar?

I have the lower mounted bar from Mopar that goes just infront/top of the winch, but no higher - didn't put lights on the bar this go-around because it blocks the trail cam and since i offroad quite a bit in it - that trail cam is very helpful -

can you snap a picture of what your screen looks like with the forward facing cam on?

OP
OP
mcgunny

mcgunny

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rubicon 392
Yes, the bar and the lights block part of the view from the front camera. I've been researching ideas for relocating the camera.

Here's the view
Jeep Wrangler JL Light Bar on Rubicon 392 6E875246-783E-429C-952A-14B6B5DDEEEA

Sponsored

Rico1111

First Name
Rico
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Rubicon 2 door JL
Congratz Brother! That is a really sharp rig.

ZONA.OVRLND

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Yes, the bar and the lights block part of the view from the front camera. I've been researching ideas for relocating the camera.

Here's the view
Yeah on my previous Jeep i didn't have the trail cam, so it wasn't an issue and had some KC lights right there on the bar. But witht he trail cam - and the pro6 - maybe some flex era 4's on the A-pillar - felt like the lights on the bar were a bit superfluous at that point - so decided to keep the trail cam free of obstruction and let more airflow go in through the grill.

but your jeep looks great! have my pro6 just chillin in the garage while i wait for KC to get the mounts corrected

WOwen

First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 WB Hellcat, 2016 Wrangler, 2021 392 Wrangler
I dig it!

Hydrofred21

First Name
Fred
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 jeep 392
Would u mind taking a pic or explaining in a little more detail what u had to cut out. I've been searching for a light bar mount and ran into same issues. I just want to make sure I don't hurt something I'm not supposed to

Mags2022392

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 392 on order and 2008 Sierra with 220K miles
Looks great! My 392 Recon is supposed to arrive in March. If they dont come out with an option by then, I’ll be getting my grinder out. Where did you get the Bull Bar on the front bumper?

Sponsored

Mags2022392

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 392 on order and 2008 Sierra with 220K miles
Has anyone come out with a mount that fits the 392 yet?
Not that I have been able to find. (I’ve done a lot of searching the last few weeks).

JLnike

First Name
Jared
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
392 xr
I’m in when we find one.
baja designs didn’t tell me theirs would fit a 392

keg392

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 JLUR 392 XR
Someone else on the FB group mentioned that Rock Slide Engineering is getting ready to release one for the 392 / Mohave.................I haven't seen anything yet, but I'm keeping my eye out also.

ZONA.OVRLND

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Pretty sure KC is pretty close to theirs - had their final prototype a few weeks ago, now i believe they're ramping up on the production for it and should be out "soon"
Sponsored