Diode Dynamics: light bar on plastic bumper

Makosdad

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep JLU Ocean Blue
Makosdad, Thanks, but that leads to another question. When you say you would do a double if doing it again, is that for needing a bit more light output, or the option of having one driving and the other flood for the different beam patterns or solely for the look/cosmetics of the twin setup? Also is yours the all driving light model? I appreciate your feedback as I try to do this right the first time.
I have the driving and would have liked to have both the driving and spot . . . light output is fine on the single for driving

rnocon

First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep JL Wrangler Rubicon
I have the driving and would have liked to have both the driving and spot . . . light output is fine on the single for driving
I got their spot cowl lights and they do a good job of brightening the surroundings and with their black Friday deal, for the bumper lights, I went with the combo spot/driving as the Jeep JL LED package lights are pretty good already...3 additional LED driving lights should be perfect!!

Mkcimino

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler Tj and gladiator JT
Question for you guys, Im considering putting this on:

1. Has anyone wired these to the factory AUX if so how did the stock harness work

2. Will this bracket allow for any 30 inch light bar, as in another brand bar.

Sponsored

Diode Dynamics

Summit Sponsor (Level 3)
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.diodedynamics.com
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler

1. Has anyone wired these to the factory AUX if so how did the stock harness work

Hi there! These were designed specifically to fit one of our Stage Series 30" Light Bars! Unfortunately, we don't know which other light bar brands will fit our brackets. Sorry about that!

If you run a light bar of this size, you will want to use a heavy-duty output harness for the install!

-Collin

MyDaughters20JL

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 JL Sport S
.... I can see they will serve my purpose well for a long long time, until I find my perfect aftermarket mid-width bumper and probably go with winch (maybe not).
don't forget that if you do go with a winch, you probably just have to use the second (should have been included) bracket. mount the second bracket to the initial one and then mount the bar to the secondary bracket...raises the light above the level of the winch

MyDaughters20JL

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 JL Sport S

sent you a message regarding another light bar that I"ve found that works for these brackets...and at only aobut $41 shipped, ya got little to lose

JeezAJeep

First Name
Jimmy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2003 Baja..2019 BMW X2
I was searching for some stock plastic bumper light mount solutions, as I am waiting for more aftermarket bumpers to show up and so far the ones I saw are just not my like.

The only one on the market right now is Mopar light mount, and several forum members reported some major hassles: nut-certs, template not fit the filler trim, blah blah. Also for a pair of brackets, $80~$100 is really steep. I think you can actually fabricate your own bracket, but that will depend on your local fabricator's price for such a small job and their skill sets....

Well, until lately I found @Diode Dynamics made a solution for the stock plastic bumper. Diode Dynamics did some awesome aftermarket LEDs for Jeep and other sporties. They are a small company located in Missouri and their products are proudly made in the USA. Just for that, I will give them a try.

The price is about right, a 30 inch light bar and brackets for $430. If you want a pair of light bars, that will be another $300. This is almost below the average quality light bars (see how much Rigid and Baja design charge for their 30 inches), let alone the customized mounting brackets for the plastic bumper. Please do not count Amazon China junk as "quality products"...

I placed the order for a single bar and bracket, would like to see how nice they are and then decide if I want to add a 2nd light bar. The package arrived two days later through USPS priority, nicely packaged, over padding. I asked Jake @Diode Dynamics questions about the size of mounting bolt (M6-1.0), as I saw in their installation video they are shiny silver and I want black. To my surprise, it actually comes with black bolts, this will blend in with the bracket really well.

20190126_132256.jpg

20190126_132411.jpg

20190126_132655.jpg

s-l500.jpg
Can you use these lights for street/highway driving, or are they too bright?

jacobhorn

First Name
Jacob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep JL Wrangler Rubicon 4xe Unlimited
sent you a message regarding another light bar that I"ve found that works for these brackets...and at only aobut $41 shipped, ya got little to lose
Do you mind sharing the other, less expensive light bar you found that also works with the DD brackets? Thank you!
Sponsored