Lift recommendations

Tncdrew

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JL Willys, 3.6L - 8spd
Why not check out @Clayton Off Road . I have the 2.5" Overland + with 35's and it is great on and off road. They recently came out with a 1.5" Overland + kit that would work well with 33's. (https://www.claytonoffroad.com/product/jeep-wrangler-15-overland-lift-kit-2018-jl-jl-4xe)
I'm currently in the process of installing their 1.5" Overland+ Kit. Should have it done sometime next week. I'm definitely curious as to how it rides/performs.
Impressions to come soon!

GATORB8

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JLURe
If you are not going off road, save some coin and maybe just go with spacer lift. Same look but with a little less articulation.
In general articulation is controlled by bumps and shocks, not the springs/spacers.

Mikester86

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLR
how does this compare to your stock rubi suspension? Is there anything else you changed? I like that the one i linked comes with control arms
Here is the parts list. Also added a rear track bar relocation bracket.

TeraFlex parts

Geo brackets: https://teraflex.com/jl-jt-sport-frame-bracket-kit-front-control-arms-2-5-4-5-3-5-4-5.html

Front track bar: https://teraflex.com/jl-jt-hd-forged-adjustable-track-bar-front-0-6-lift.html

Lift kit: JL 2dr: 2.5" Coil Spring Base Lift Kit & 9550 VSS Twin-Tube Shocks: https://teraflex.com/jl-2dr-2-5-coil-spring-base-lift-kit-9550-vss-twin-tube-shocks.html#

Rear upper control arms: https://teraflex.com/jl-alpine-short-control-arm-kit-rear-upper-0-4-5-lift.html

OP
OP
Swissswiss

Swissswiss

First Name
Ibrahim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 2dr sport s v6
Woah thatā€™s a lot of parts. Do you think I can get away with just the coil spring base lift and some mower control arms? Thatā€™s what the mopar kit has

Sponsored

Mikester86

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLR
Woah thatā€™s a lot of parts. Do you think I can get away with just the coil spring base lift and some mower control arms? Thatā€™s what the mopar kit has
Your axles wonā€™t be centered, but if that doesnā€™t bother you and it doesnā€™t bow your springs too bad from being shifted over I suppose it would be fine. You can add the supporting parts later if you wanted to.

Willys_Wonka

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUW
Your axles wonā€™t be centered, but if that doesnā€™t bother you and it doesnā€™t bow your springs too bad from being shifted over I suppose it would be fine. You can add the supporting parts later if you wanted to.
I was thinking of just doing Mopar LCAā€™s, Teraflex 1.5ā€ spacers front, 1ā€ rear, larger bump stops and longer shocks(probably Fox or Ranchero). 35ā€ tires are going on in the summer.

blnewt

First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep JL V6 SportS, (Retired 74 CJ-5, 80 CJ-7)
Occupation
Just ask @cosine he knows!
FYI the TF 1.5 for the JL is 1" front and 1.5" rear. I'd consider Bilsteins over the Ranchos personally.
I have the TF spacer kit for a 4dr (it's 2" front, 1.5" rear) on my 2dr, coupled w/ Rubi springs from a heavy 4dr and Fox 2.0 shocks (0-1.5" lift) running 315/70/17s w/ 2" bumps in front and 1.5" in back.

Jeep Wrangler JL Lift recommendations 0209231420_HDR

Jeep Wrangler JL Lift recommendations 0209231420a

jeepoch

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JL Wrangler Sport S 3.6L Auto 2 door, 2.5" lift, 35s
@Swissswiss,

Ibrahim, I may not be a lift 'purist' because I just went with the dealership installed Mopar 2.0" Lift on my 2019 JL 2-door Sport. No adjustable track bars, just the plain Jane Vanilla standard kit. Ended up with a little over 2.5". But after putting on 35's along with a Teraflex Swaybar Quick Disconnect Kit, I couldn't be any happier. Rides great, both on and off-road. I love it.

I know I post this pic a lot, but it shows where I can easily take this thing. This is on the Wheeler's Lake Trail, northwest of Alma Co, just after the V-Notch obstacle. On that day our Jeep Patrol assisted the U.S. Forest Service in putting in several winch points.

Many Jeep's, including non-stock Rubicon's, find this obstacle pretty difficult. The winch points were being installed specifically for that reason.

However, I have never yet had any trouble navigating this obstacle with my Sport on open diffs. The added clearance, all-terrain rubber and the disconnected swaybar certainly makes a big difference in my capability.

No matter which lift you decide, you won't regret it. Getting far off the beaten path is so much worth every penny.

Jay

Jeep Wrangler JL Lift recommendations InShot_20221126_102151914

Sponsored

Some Random Guy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JL Sport, 2022 Ford Mustang
Occupation
Comptroller
You donā€™t need a lift for 33ā€™s. So at this point itā€™s either for looks or to keep your belly off rocks. Iā€™d recommend a rubi takeoff set (springs and shocks) because why spend money for capabilities you donā€™t need? I started my 2 door with leftover shocks and free springs from a local shop, I just had to dumpster dive for them. At one point I bought 1 more mopar spring to boost the front after the winch went on (thereā€™s a musical chair game to play with front springs if you know how to research the part numbers).

dragoneggs

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Snazzberry Pearl JLR
Build Thread
Link
Clubs

I have the TF spacer kit for a 4dr (it's 2" front, 1.5" rear) on my 2dr, coupled w/ Rubi springs from a heavy 4dr and Fox 2.0 shocks (0-1.5" lift) running 315/70/17s w/ 2" bumps in front and 1.5" in back.

Now that is one sweet set up, Brad.

dragoneggs

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Snazzberry Pearl JLR
Build Thread
Link
Clubs

I will have a set of Rubi 2dr suspension coming off my ā€˜22 this week if I can help someone out.

Sparty

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
(Sold) 04 TJ, 21 JTR, 21 JLR
I have the JKS lift and seems to ride better than stock (Rubicon). I've heard the Mopar lift rides like crap - but no personal experience.
Sponsored