swozey

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Vehicle Showcase
You're throwing money away going MC. I'm ordering MC to go offroading. Just go with a Rubi lift or something, even that's overkill for what you need. Put that money into your gearing.

Martindfletcher

First Name
Martin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ducati 1299s, 2018 JLUR
I wouldn't do that for too long. That setup will take a toll on the transmission and driveline, for sure.
There are a lot of wheeling rather hard on 37s at least 1 on 38’s without regearing and expecting the rubi axles and stock tranny to hold up fine.

Maybe we are idiots, but we are high in numbers I think.

Maybe the sport axles would be a problem, tranny I highly doubt it.

Martindfletcher

First Name
Martin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ducati 1299s, 2018 JLUR
You're throwing money away going MC. I'm ordering MC to go offroading. Just go with a Rubi lift or something, even that's overkill for what you need. Put that money into your gearing.
few things the larger tires and more offset add more stress to your ball joints and knuckles and 37s might be too much for street use, but all this shit is still so new that you can guess but really no know fully knows

for a lift i would say stick with a budget boots will keep the stock springs and shocks you are not going to push the suspension and most kits historically make the ride worse or dont have a long life

i think the most bb i have seen is 2.5" so that extra lift try and find take off rubi fenders or get the mopar kit or look for a tube fender kit (will look more ba) to get that extra clearance
Agree on th3 lift, 20” wheels and expensive lift are counter intuitive.

OP
OP
ImTheCameraGuy
First Name
Allen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU Sport
Went with a 4” super lift
37 13.5
20in wheels
Fox shocks still coming in but I’m driving on stock shocks for now and so far not too bad.

42988BB8-AD6A-4FD5-94D2-EBCFAB80A9EA.jpeg

3577D3B9-1389-4AE6-9CC0-4F8E93BD8005.jpeg

0FA87113-A984-4C10-B293-DAC7F26EFC59.jpeg

Sponsored

OP
OP
ImTheCameraGuy
First Name
Allen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU Sport
Every time I see 20’s on a jeep I just cringe..
I was against big wheels in the beginning but if i was gana spend money on my Jeep i wanted it to look that way. They actually have plenty of rubber. I also went with 13.5 wide tires so nothing to really worry about as far as functionality goes. It serves its purpose as a mall crawl and occasional climber.
Sponsored