Sponsored

Lift kit advice, Rock Krawler a solid choice?

Craigzjeep

First Name
Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Sting Gray
Occupation
Telco Installer, retired. Current job drinking beer and yard work expert.
Well if I get a lift kit, Ill be getting rock krawler. Look how much they posted here and stand by their
All the process don't matter if the ground circuit did not make contact which is evident in yours. What you have is absolutely not the norm.
My RK Adventure series ll looks as good as the day it was installed a year ogo, no trouble with powder coating or fittings.
Sponsored

JimLee

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 JLU
For sure, did you even bother to read? Just letting people know about your ongoing powder coating issues. That’s what these forums are here for. I wish I had known about it prior to getting a kit.
So let me see if I have this straight. You had an issue, RK fixed it, and now you are here posting old pictures and bashing them...what a douche.

JimLee

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 JLU
I do not believe any after market company put more R&D from engineers with degrees into a lift kit than Mopar. It is not for extreme articulation but works well on tails like the Rubicon Trail and other Sierra/Rocky mountain rock crawling tails I've done with 37" tires. No issues in over a year and 13,000 non DD'r miles.
You know what I do for a living? I keep engineers (with degrees) from damaging/destroying my customers military aircraft, and they sure do keep me busy. Lol. I think it's great that your Mopar stuff works good for you, but for some of us it's just not enough. I also know that factory engineers are constrained by weight, cost, fuel efficiency, safety standards, legal departments, etc. I'm sure if Jeep engineers were cut loose of constraints they would design a truly bad ass offroad beast. But then again it would probably cost well over 100K and get 3MPG.

Artvandelay

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR
So let me see if I have this straight. You had an issue, RK fixed it, and now you are here posting old pictures and bashing them...what a douche.

Lol here come the RK friends, family and shills. Douche, no a douche is doing what youre doing. Saying I’m bashing when im just here stating the facts. It’s shady af for them to be saying that they’ve fixed things when they obv haven’t. It’s simple. Integrity. I said all I needed to say. It says a whole lot about a company if that instead of telling the truth they’d rather have people that have nothing to do w the situation cause drama. So, this goes to anyone that thinks any certain way about what I’ve brought up. Read again. The Jeep was hardly driven and everything oem around the parts the coating is stellar. Fyi, lol rust is a whole different animal than your Powdercoat coming off in sheets smh. But hey. The truth needs no explanation. The pple that matter will see this as what it is.

Artvandelay

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR
Well if I get a lift kit, Ill be getting rock krawler. Look how much they posted here and stand by their product!
lmao. Best shill everrrrr. In a thread where they were caught red handed lying.

Sponsored

Jimbo1226

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 JK, 2018 JLUR
Lol here come the RK friends, family and shills. Douche, no a douche is doing what youre doing. Saying I’m bashing when im just here stating the facts. It’s shady af for them to be saying that they’ve fixed things when they obv haven’t. It’s simple. Integrity. I said all I needed to say. It says a whole lot about a company if that instead of telling the truth they’d rather have people that have nothing to do w the situation cause drama. So, this goes to anyone that thinks any certain way about what I’ve brought up. Read again. The Jeep was hardly driven and everything oem around the parts the coating is stellar. Fyi, lol rust is a whole different animal than your Powdercoat coming off in sheets smh. But hey. The truth needs no explanation. The pple that matter will see this as what it is.
I don’t swing from any company’s nuts but from the sounds of it, RK took care of what they needed to and after you got what you needed, you went to a forum to bash.

sounds like you’re just out here trying to start something rather than being happy that a company actually followed their warranty and took care of you.

JimLee

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 JLU
Haha,I hope you realize those are just your opinions. Who desgined the aircraft. Folks with engineering degrees. Same folks that designed our JL's, not aftermarket folks.
Sorry Ben, I can't get on the engineer worship wagon. There are good engineers and there are bad engineers, having an engineering degree doesn't make them superman. Counterpoint to your point: Everything that has ever broken was engineered.

JimLee

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 JLU
I don’t swing from any company’s nuts but from the sounds of it, RK took care of what they needed to and after you got what you needed, you went to a forum to bash.

sounds like you’re just out here trying to start something rather than being happy that a company actually followed their warranty and took care of you.
Lol, this Karen actually thinks RK called us on a batphone to come here and defend them. I think he's got some issues.
Jeep Wrangler JL Lift kit advice, Rock Krawler a solid choice? 92844898_2489111904644665_918912530766626816_n-8

Sponsored

Ruby Mike

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 jeep wrangler diesel
I happen to be involved with powder coating (PC). Powder coating is an involved process. What we do is first remove all existing paint/powder through the use of a gas fired burn off oven. The product is then abrasive blasted to remove any residual material and to provide the proper surface condition (anchor tooth) for the powder. Next we prep the work, apply sealant and ensure proper surface condition. We have a very short time allowed from blast to coating, because if bare/blasted steel is allowed to sit longer than 3 hours, the humidity will cause surface rust, rust flash. If powder is applied over surface rust, even if not detectable by visual inspection, the coating can fail. Any product that sits longer than 3 hours is reblasted and cleaned. We use a process called "frocking" because of the shapes and configuration of the process line. The best way to coat is through electrostatic coating. So we pre-heat the product to drive off moisture and prepare the surface to accept the powder. Product is primed, using zinc rich primer then the top coat is applied. From there the product goes through the curing oven. All product is inspected for defects and what is known as correct dry film thickness. Typically about 8 to 10 mils. Any product failing QA has the process repeated. Typical defects include orange peeling, out gassing, excessive or deficient dft, blistering and so on. The critical part of the process is the product material must be clean, dry and free of any rust flash and have the correct anchor tooth.

RedundanT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR
Wiener wagging, and nothing more. RK is OK, not great and not bad. There are several lift companies with just as much experience, cred and quality. Get over it.
Sponsored