Threads
Reaction score
Website
skinny-pedal-racing.myshopify.com
Vehicle(s)
18' JLUR, 04 TJ 1-Ton LS, 4400 U4
Occupation
Sell Jeep Parts
Did you loosen your trackbar when you installed the coils?
The factory springs or aftermarket springs, it sits off. I took everything out of the equation. Front shocks unbolted, end links out, upper control arms out, front track bar, but just the front lower control arms were bolted. It sat normal prior to the lift.

At this point, I am going to bolt everything up from front to back as it should be and drive the freaking thing. Laying under the jeep, the entire driver side is higher than the passenger and putting down force on the passenger side, collapsing the springs some on the front and back.

This isn't my first jeep, or lift but this has me. From sxs to full buggies with coilovers, I have never had such an issue, and I am sure its something simple. The passenger side front control arm is nice and flat, but the driver is slopped down. Sure is a problem, but where.
Sponsored

Rodeoflyer

First Name
Bert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep JLUR; 2016 Ram Powerwagon
Vehicle Showcase
Sounds like something's not squared up. Get it on an alignment machine after the lift? I'm out of guesses too at this point.

4xFUN

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 2-door Rubi. 2023 RAM TRX
I feel your pain...I jumped through hoops and had my front springs in and out multiple times after installing my Mopar lift-and that was just for a 3/4" lean. My Rubi was dead level side to side before the lift, my problem was Mopar had the instructions wrong with left and right front spring placement reversed. Did not figure this out till first ordering new front Mopar springs, trying RK spring perches, measuring everything...The longer springs (just like factory) go on the passenger side. *Also, if you are using the factory spring perches, they are left and right specific-again the taller spring perch goes on the passenger side.

Sounds like you have tried most everything, just make sure the lower control arms are loose at both the axle and frame end to eliminate any chance of a bind. Might want to double check that left and right control arms are adjusted equally and per manufacturer recommended starting lengths, and are also oriented properly front to back and right to left. (*There are some control arms that can be improperly installed left to right if they are also reversed front to rear)

Best of luck!

SmoothJeepOperator

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Wrangler Sport
Can the axle be further forward on one side than the other, meaning your wheel base length is different on one side than the other? If that was the case though and the upper arms are the exact same length and the lower arms are the exact same length then once all 4 are installed it should be squared up.

This one is a real head scratcher.

Taxman

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1985 CJ-7, 2018 JLUR
Occupation
CPA
Vehicle Showcase
...but just the front lower control arms were bolted. It sat normal prior to the lift...
Did you swap out the control arms for stock? I'd put the stock arms back on and re-measure the adjustable arms. My guess is they are not even and your driver side axle is sitting further forward than your passenger side. Maybe you measured incorrectly, from center to center. Sometimes you start measuring at the 1" line on the tape measure, and forget to subtract the inch from your original measurement. Ask me how I know.

The point to all this is, there are a finite number of possible issues and you need to create a checklist of sorts to go through each one. Your Jeep's frame didn't magically change, so it must be one of the possible issues mentioned in this thread.

The one thing I ask is that you report back to us once you've figured it out, because this has us all stumped.

Sponsored

OP
OP

SPR Pumpkin Rubi

First Name
Tripp
Threads
Reaction score
Website
skinny-pedal-racing.myshopify.com
Vehicle(s)
18' JLUR, 04 TJ 1-Ton LS, 4400 U4
Occupation
Sell Jeep Parts
I noticed the rear axle is out a little bit, but I did not notice that the lower control arms were not even until I changed out the rear end links. Going to square up the rear this weekend and see where that lands me.

The alignment has not been done yet, but I'm not driving it and is on the list to get done along with gears, front and rear drive shafts.

Between this and and rebuilding my sxs, I'm having lots of fun..lol

NoGas

First Name
Van
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JL 2Dr, 13 Fiat 500 Pop & 04 Wanderlodge M380
Occupation
Retired
I noticed the rear axle is out a little bit, but I did not notice that the lower control arms were not even until I changed out the rear end links. Going to square up the rear this weekend and see where that lands me…
@ SPR Pumpkin Rubi - Updates to this thread from several months back? Did you find a fix? Last week had Mopar lift installed on my 2Dr Rubicon by dealer. Like you, pre-Mopar kit on vehicle was plumb level side-to-side. Now, driver side is 1” taller than pax. Have not measured with me sitting behind wheel. Service managers first question was “Fuel tank level?” And answer “Full”. Part of install was alignment and it drives/rides beautifully. Should I not worry about one inch”? Did Mopar kit & dealer install to keep warranty intact. Now wondering if I should’ve just gone with non-FCA kit and done the work myself 🙄

4xFUN

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
@ SPR Pumpkin Rubi - Updates to this thread from several months back? Did you find a fix? Last week had Mopar lift installed on my 2Dr Rubicon by dealer. Like you, pre-Mopar kit on vehicle was plumb level side-to-side. Now, driver side is 1” taller than pax. Have not measured with me sitting behind wheel. Service managers first question was “Fuel tank level?” And answer “Full”. Part of install was alignment and it drives/rides beautifully. Should I not worry about one inch”? Did Mopar kit & dealer install to keep warranty intact. Now wondering if I should’ve just gone with non-FCA kit and done the work myself 🙄

I had the SAME issue on my 2-door Rubi after installing the Mopar lift...Long story short (even ordered & switched replacement Mopar front springs with no change) it turns out that Mopar had the instructions REVERSED for left and right front springs, once I switched the left and right front springs-problem solved! (Longer springs go to PASSENGER side)

Also, if you are not using the correct Mopar front spring perches/pads OR have them reversed (Mopar front spring pads/perches are left & right specific with right ones slightly taller than left) this will also cause unevenness side to side though not as drastic as mixing the springs.
NOTE: If you are using the RK (or similar) front spring pads/perches, they are identical height and when I used them they did cause just about 3/16" lean. I went back to the updated Mopar pads/perches and had zero issues with the 'bowing' that some of the early Mopar lifts displayed.

NoGas

First Name
Van
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JL 2Dr, 13 Fiat 500 Pop & 04 Wanderlodge M380
Occupation
Retired
I had the SAME issue on my 2-door Rubi…
Mike - Visited dealer this morning and showed the Service Mgr your post. He then took a look at my lifted Jeep and agreed there’s a problem. They were too busy today but I set up an appointment to get this fixed. Thank you so much for your post, it really made a difference!! - Van

Sponsored

4xFUN

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Visited dealer this morning and showed the Service Mgr your post. He then took a look at my lifted Jeep and agreed there’s a problem. They were too busy today but I set up an appointment to get this fixed. Thank you so much for your post, it really made a difference!!

Glad it helped!

bjm00se

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR 6sp ordered 11/3/21, picked up 8/30/22
I just lifted my JLU and I’m having the same issue. How was this resolved?
OP had a *huge* left/right variation. A small variation (1/2" or less) may be expected based on how your jeep is loaded

Figure out if it's front or rear. Then here are some things to check.
* wrong springs (try swapping left for right and see if anything changes)
* control arms and track bars tightened while vehicle is on lift, rather than at ride height
* control arms accidentally reversed/ in wrong positions
* sway bar end links mismatch

Ricklime22

First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLU rubicon
OP had a *huge* left/right variation. A small variation (1/2" or less) may be expected based on how your jeep is loaded

Figure out if it's front or rear. Then here are some things to check.
* wrong springs (try swapping left for right and see if anything changes)
* control arms and track bars tightened while vehicle is on lift, rather than at ride height
* control arms accidentally reversed/ in wrong positions
* sway bar end links mismatch
Thank you for the reply. I have swapped the springs from side to side and the issue remains. It is currently at an alignment shop. Once I get it back from them I will loosen everything and then retorque on its own weight. I think I torqued the vehicle side of the control arms on the lift and the axle side on its own weight. I’ll verify that.
The control arms are not side specific but the uppers and lowers are different and in the correct location.
Thank you for your reply, I will follow up once I get it figured out.

Pinion

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1971 FJ40, 22 Rubicon Unlimited
Occupation
Project Manager
If it's that far out of whack, it's going to be the trackbar. There needs to be a relocation bracket, or the kit should have it's own adjustable trackbar.
Sponsored