Roky
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
The front upper spring idolaters are in currently, just checked. I could understand all of the other if it had more than a few gallons of gas. The height difference is 2" not .5" difference, so it's something more than that. It leaned before even touching the rear. I don't want you to think I'm being a pain, appreciate the help.
No worries, it’s a process of elimination. The rear isolators is something I would do moving forward once you get it figured out or you’ll always have a lean.
Sponsored

Rodeoflyer

First Name
Bert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep JLUR; 2016 Ram Powerwagon
Vehicle Showcase
Yeah it is what it is... The Jl's are a bit odd with the different length, side specific, factory coils. Most everyone has some slight difference/lean but you're right, 2'' is a lot. Some people have even gone as far as to add different sized spacers to drive rear/passenger front or vice versa to offset if they're a bit ocd about it lol.

Roky

First Name
Roky
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
The front upper spring idolaters are in currently, just checked. I could understand all of the other if it had more than a few gallons of gas. The height difference is 2" not .5" difference, so it's something more than that. It leaned before even touching the rear. I don't want you to think I'm being a pain, appreciate the help.
Make sure the upper isolators are in correct by making sure the two nubs on the isolators are protruding up through the holes in the spring housing.

OP
OP

SPR Pumpkin Rubi

First Name
Tripp
Threads
Reaction score
Website
skinny-pedal-racing.myshopify.com
Vehicle(s)
18' JLUR, 04 TJ 1-Ton LS, 4400 U4
Occupation
Sell Jeep Parts
It was my weekend to work this weekend, but I think the currie upper control arms have a slight bend in them, just like the lowers. The drivers arms have some nice marks from hitting the frame. I noticed that tonight. Tomorrow, I will swap the front upper control arms and I think that will fix the issue. The upper on the driver side is keeping the driver side from settling to ride height.

Rodeoflyer

First Name
Bert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Good catch.. yep that would def do it.

Sponsored

OP
OP

SPR Pumpkin Rubi

First Name
Tripp
Threads
Reaction score
Website
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Sell Jeep Parts
Good catch.. yep that would def do it.
Good news, that wasn't the problem. Yes, it was hitting but it's sitting on its on weight without the uppers and still sitting funny. Loosing my mind over here.

OP
OP

SPR Pumpkin Rubi

First Name
Tripp
Threads
Reaction score
Website
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Sell Jeep Parts
Where are you measuring? Is it higher in both the front and the rear? How does it ride?
I haven't driven it yet and measuring the shock shafts in the front. The front was cleaning before touching the year. Even swapped factory springs back in and it leaned.

Never been in a wreck, bought it new.

Jeep Wrangler JL Lift Issue - Not Sitting Level 20210403_184501

Roky

First Name
Roky
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
I haven't driven it yet and measuring the shock shafts in the front. The front was cleaning before touching the year. Even swapped factory springs back in and it leaned.

Never been in a wreck, bought it new.

Jeep Wrangler JL Lift Issue - Not Sitting Level 20210403_184501
What brand aftermarket springs?

OP
OP

SPR Pumpkin Rubi

First Name
Tripp
Threads
Reaction score
Website
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Sell Jeep Parts
What brand aftermarket springs?
Accutune, but thats not the issue. I put the factory springs back in and its leaning without shocks. 3 gallons of gas which is not creating this issue.

Sponsored

Roky

First Name
Roky
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Accutune, but thats not the issue. I put the factory springs back in and its leaning without shocks. 3 gallons of gas which is not creating this issue.
I have no way of knowing what the issue is without seeing it and putting hands on it. But everything that it could be has been discussed. So if you have addressed everyone’s possible solution, then it only can be the springs and or the isolators. FWIW, I would loosen all the control arms track bars put a half inch spacer in the passenger side front and rear with the new springs put the Jeep down on its weight, torque everything up make sure the sway bar links are equal length side to side, both front and rear, install them, get in and drive it for a few hundred miles , then see how it looks at that point. Then the real problem usually surfaces. As long as your chasing it while it’s half done, you’ll never catch it.

Good luck brother, that’s all I got.......✌

Taxman

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1985 CJ-7, 2018 JLUR
Occupation
CPA
Vehicle Showcase
Did you measure the coils before putting them on to be sure they shipped the correct springs? Manufacturers make mistakes and they may have shipped you one 2" coil and one 4" coil. I'd take them both off, set them on the ground and measure. Once you take them off, I'd start from scratch, including removing control arms, re-measuring lengths and reinstalling. Have you reached out to your local Jeep community through FaceBook or the forums? I'm sure someone will be glad to swing by and help you troubleshoot this.

Rodeoflyer

First Name
Bert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
I'd google up the closest 4x4 shop at this point, let them rack it up, and give you their story about what could be the cause. You can still take it back home and perform the work yourself but let them put it in the air and check everything.

stino

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLR
He said he swapped back to the stock coils and had the same problem, so not sure how it could be that...

So that looks WAY off.

I'd maybe try loosening all of the control arms completely. Completely disconnect the trackbar. Disconnect the sway bar end links. Maybe disconnect the shocks (not sure how that could change things but for sanity's sake). At that point it literally just sitting on coils atop the axle. Maybe try the stock coils again at that point.

If its still leaning, and you're sure all the isolators are in place (this looks like more than isolator than me) the only thing I can think of is that your coil perches are fucked and somehow got bent out of wack or something? It seems really improbable.

How do they coils look? Are they bowing at all? Axle is centered? This would drive me nuts, this doesn't look like it needs some minor tweak.

Last edited: