Threads
Reaction score
Website
skinny-pedal-racing.myshopify.com
Vehicle(s)
18' JLUR, 04 TJ 1-Ton LS, 4400 U4
Occupation
Sell Jeep Parts
Up front cliff notes: I have created a bind somewhere that is not letting the jeep sit flat. Driver side is 2" higher than passenger side.

I have an 18' JLUR that I am doing a lift to clear 37" tires. Prior to the lift and over a year ago, I changed to lower control arms to currie and front track bar. For the lift: I had planned on changing the upper control arms, rear track bar, sway bard end links, and shocks. I started with the front by changing the springs, shocks, sway bar end links, and adjusting the track bar. Put the jeep on it's on weight, but it was sitting noticeably higher on the driver side compared to the passenger side. Thought maybe I set the springs in there wrong. Said I would come back to it after doing the rear.

Did the rear lift and then came back to the front. Checked the springs and they were sitting correctly but there was a 2" height difference with the driver side being higher. Unbolted the front shocks to factor out a bad shock, but nothing changed. Took out the springs and measured free length and diameter with a caliper but those were ok. Put the springs back in and still sitting off. I took the shocks out, upper control arms out, track bar out, but nothing changed. Said fine, put the factory springs back in with the correct spring per side and 35" tires and the SOB still sits off.

It's not a driveway issue, cant be springs if both create the lean, and shocks are not the problem. There is some kind of force acting upon the suspension to create this, but I have no idea what that is. Seems like the passenger side is easier to push down on than the driver, thus reaffirming something is acting upon the drive side.

Thoughts??
Sponsored

Roky

First Name
Roky
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Up front cliff notes: I have created a bind somewhere that is not letting the jeep sit flat. Driver side is 2" higher than passenger side.

I have an 18' JLUR that I am doing a lift to clear 37" tires. Prior to the lift and over a year ago, I changed to lower control arms to currie and front track bar. For the lift: I had planned on changing the upper control arms, rear track bar, sway bard end links, and shocks. I started with the front by changing the springs, shocks, sway bar end links, and adjusting the track bar. Put the jeep on it's on weight, but it was sitting noticeably higher on the driver side compared to the passenger side. Thought maybe I set the springs in there wrong. Said I would come back to it after doing the rear.

Did the rear lift and then came back to the front. Checked the springs and they were sitting correctly but there was a 2" height difference with the driver side being higher. Unbolted the front shocks to factor out a bad shock, but nothing changed. Took out the springs and measured free length and diameter with a caliper but those were ok. Put the springs back in and still sitting off. I took the shocks out, upper control arms out, track bar out, but nothing changed. Said fine, put the factory springs back in with the correct spring per side and 35" tires and the SOB still sits off.

It's not a driveway issue, cant be springs if both create the lean, and shocks are not the problem. There is some kind of force acting upon the suspension to create this, but I have no idea what that is. Seems like the passenger side is easier to push down on than the driver, thus reaffirming something is acting upon the drive side.

Thoughts??
Are your sway bar end links adjustable, if so make sure they’re the same length.

EbyCreek

First Name
Troy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Wrangler 392
Occupation
ARMY (Retired)

Thoughts??
Were all 8 control rods loose when you installed the lift? All 8 control rods should be loose until the jeep is setting on the ground level before torqueing the control rods.

Sponsored

MARSHMELLA

First Name
Kirt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR
Occupation
Military

Thoughts??
There can be many things but things to look at that might not seem so obvious rare:

Are springs seated correctly?
If they are side specific, are they on the correct side?
Are the spring isolators installed properly (top and bottom)?
When you bounce on the front bumper’s left and right side, do the springs feel like they are moving up and down at the same amount and force?

OP
OP

SPR Pumpkin Rubi

First Name
Tripp
Threads
Reaction score
Website
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Sell Jeep Parts
Springs are not side specific like factory.
All the control arms were not loosed to get it to "settle", which is crazy if that's creating a 2" difference.
Springs are sitting correctly, leans with aftermarket springs and reinstalled factory springs and it's still leaning.
Takes what feels likes more force on the driver side to move when compared to passenger.
Around 4 gallons of gas in there.

MARSHMELLA

First Name
Kirt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR
Occupation
Military
Springs are not side specific like factory.
All the control arms were not loosed to get it to "settle", which is crazy if that's creating a 2" difference.
Springs are sitting correctly, leans with aftermarket springs and reinstalled factory springs and it's still leaning.
Takes what feels likes more force on the driver side to move when compared to passenger.
Around 4 gallons of gas in there.
Double check to make sure you didn’t forget to install one of the top coil spring rubber isolators.

With the rig sitting on its own weight, loosen all the UCA and LCA bolts. Bounce your weight on the front bumper a few times and check the height on both sides. Don’t forget to torque them back.

danm

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon 2-Door Sting Gray
Did you get some of your factory springs mixed up with the lift kit springs during installation?

Rodeoflyer

First Name
Bert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep JLUR; 2016 Ram Powerwagon
Vehicle Showcase
I'll guess spring isolator. Did you install the bow correction lower isolators for aftermarket springs and make sure the front uppers are indexed correctly (they're a bit angled)?

Sponsored

OP
OP

SPR Pumpkin Rubi

First Name
Tripp
Threads
Reaction score
Website
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Sell Jeep Parts
I'll guess spring isolator. Did you install the bow correction lower isolators for aftermarket springs and make sure the front uppers are indexed correctly (they're a bit angled)?
The bow would be correct by an adjustable track bar.

Does the front have an upper isolate?

Rodeoflyer

First Name
Bert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep JLUR; 2016 Ram Powerwagon
Vehicle Showcase
Oh yeah the front has upper isolators. i'll try to find some pics.

https://www.quadratec.com/p/mopar/f...vay9iByGALG99z2-JUrFjQKa1qXsyy_xoCiZ4QAvD_BwE

Hard to tell from the photo but it does have a slight angle and you have to index it correctly. I had to cut the little index knubs off the upper to get the aftermarket upper pigtail to index correctly.

you will also want some of these lowers for aftermarket coil pigtails which are different than the mopar stock coils https://www.northridge4x4.com/part/...SIW-WrtkQxMRGb8f5y-xRNpCBMUtbyPxoC_gcQAvD_BwE

My aftermarket springs were all jacked up until I added the lowers for aftermarket coils.

And like Roky mentioned, ensure your coils aren't side specific...

Roky

First Name
Roky
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
The bow would be correct by an adjustable track bar.

Does the front have an upper isolate?
Since the springs are not side specific , I recommend getting some rear RK coil isolators, the passengers side is a half inch higher to help with lean from fuel tank.

OP
OP

SPR Pumpkin Rubi

First Name
Tripp
Threads
Reaction score
Website
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Sell Jeep Parts
Since the springs are not side specific , I recommend getting some rear RK coil isolators, the passengers side is a half inch higher to help with lean from fuel tank.
The front upper spring idolaters are in currently, just checked. I could understand all of the other if it had more than a few gallons of gas. The height difference is 2" not .5" difference, so it's something more than that. It leaned before even touching the rear. I don't want you to think I'm being a pain, appreciate the help.
Sponsored