OP
OP

viper88

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 JLR 2.0T (past), '22 JLR 3.6 (present)
Just in case you end up ordering the one from Quadratec, I placed an order for one the first week of October and I am still waiting for it. So hope you're not in a hurry.
I saw the Quadratec one. It was my first choice if I decide on one. I am not in any rush.
Sponsored

OldJupiter

First Name
Old Jupiter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2 Door JL Sport
By far the thing I thought I missed the most...also the least used mod in my 3 years with the Jeep. The excitement wore off 3-4 months after install. I maybe use it once, twice a week to adjust my seating position with my winter gear on. I have not rested my foot on it for over a year - non issue.

I went with the one most people use on here off of Amazon..it sucks when you have to remove the Mopar Slush Mats. You'll have to use your hand to bend it up and remove the mat. Not to mention it rattles on bumps and rough roads. First time I felt it I thought I was losing a lug until I shuffled my boots round to stop it.

Overall 10/10 mod I don't use.

zouch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
XJ, JLUWD
yes.
not just beneficial, but mandatory for me.

i'm over 6'2" with a high Ape Index. installed a M.O.R.E. dead pedal in the lowest position, and it's rock solid.

one of the biggest PITA installations i've ever done. i use it every time i drive.

i feel it should have been standard equipment.

Do you find they are beneficial?

Which brand and why?

I remember reading one brand was a pain to install. Suggestions?

Mx5red

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JTR, 2020 JLUR
Build Thread
Link
I love my MORE knockoff, sorely miss it driving my wife’s Jeep.
Yes it was a pain, there are tips on using tape or a string to help line it up to the side. But then you never touch it again.
It’s solid, and I love that it’s half height. I can use it, or if I don’t want to it’s high enough I can slide my foot under it and my foot can rest on the floor like it’s not there. Best of both worlds.

im like 5’9@ with not long legs, mine is middle position and is ok, probably could’ve gotten away with closest one.

W4V3

First Name
Freedom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR
installed a M.O.R.E. dead pedal in the lowest position, and it's rock solid.

one of the biggest PITA installations i've ever done. i use it every time i drive.

i feel it should have been standard equipment.
I just finished installing one this morning. What a pain to install. It works great though. I'm 6'2" and the medium position works best for me.

Sponsored

JL MADDOG

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JL 2.0L Turbo
Occupation
Jeepin'
I have the Quadratec unit. Install was fairly straightforward and it does the job.

It is adjustable so the angle of the pedal can be tweaked to your liking.

Reactions: eck

MrMischief

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL Rubicon
Just in case you end up ordering the one from Quadratec, I placed an order for one the first week of October and I am still waiting for it. So hope you're not in a hurry.
I ordered mine on Sept. 12. Still waiting. I want to say it initially said that if I ordered it that day it'd ship in early Oct. Currently it says if I order today it'll ship Feb. 7. I'm not holding my breath. I probably should just cancel it, but at this point it has become such a joke I want to see how long it will take.

MRMDFY

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Shadowbanned and taking the bus
Why are people having so much trouble installing the M.O.R.E. pedal?

Looks straightforward.

zouch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
XJ, JLUWD
it does look that way, doesn't it?

it's very fiddly to deal with in tight spaces holding all the bits in the right places while you're trying to lay on your side on the doorsill while both hands are occupied...

Looks straightforward.

MRMDFY

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Shadowbanned and taking the bus
it does look that way, doesn't it?

it's very fiddly to deal with in tight spaces holding all the bits in the right places while you're trying to lay on your side on the doorsill while both hands are occupied...
I just ordered one. Don't even want a dead pedal, but this thread made me buy it, and that one in particular, just because I want to install it.

Sponsored

W4V3

First Name
Freedom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR

Looks straightforward.
Once you get the plate with the two bolts in place, use a zip tie or tape to hold it in place. This part of the installation was fairly simple. If you set the footplate all the way back (towards the firewall), it's fairly easy to get to the two bolts (installed above) to place a washer and jam lock nut. If you choose the two forward positions then the most forward bolt is behind the footplate and you can't see it. You have to use a socket to tighten the nut. I had to use an extension that was longer than the width of the footplate but not too long because the brake pedal was in the way. And while you're fiddling with these nuts and washers, you're laying on your side across the doorsill trying to maneuver under the dashboard next to the firewall. It can be done, but it was challenging.

niJL

First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLUR
I love my M.O.R.E. dead pedal. Super sturdy and never flexes. Install takes about 15-20 minutes depending on how you position the pedal. I just took it out of my current Jeep to put it in my new 22 that was just delivered.

micahpop

First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR
I just ordered one. Don't even want a dead pedal, but this thread made me buy it, and that one in particular, just because I want to install it.
Don't forget to update us on how the install went. :like:

Gmot123

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Wrangler Unlimited Sahara Billet Silver
The Hooke Road Dead Pedal, one washer, and one M8-1.25 Wing Nut, works great and is so easy to install. Hardest part was putting together the Dead Pedal itself, which comes with no instructions. Needed to look at some photos online to figure out how it gets put together. After a few minutes with that, took a minute to install in the Wrangler. Love having it.

Wolfy

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Wrangler Sport S
Probably depends on how hard you are stomping on it, but I have the Amazon Hooke version too, and it has improved my DD life immensely. I'm not a huge person and don't stomp on it hard. It's a foot rest that is much more comfortable than having my foot dangling. Super simple install, and pretty adjustable too.
Sponsored