jeepfi_35

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU Sport S
Vehicle Showcase
Looking to eventually upgrade my lighting to LED. Was just curious to see if anybody has used lighting from LED Factory Mart?
Sponsored

kiddy2fan

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ford Explorer, 2011 Honda Civic
I'm looking at led upgrades myself, wondering if just bulb replacement would be just as good as a housing replacement for the front.

OP
OP
jeepfi_35

jeepfi_35

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU Sport S
Vehicle Showcase
I was considering that as well but think I will go for the full replacement. Seems like they had some good deals but wanted to see if anyone had purchased from them and if they were good quality for the price.

blnewt

First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep JL V6 SportS, (Retired 74 CJ-5, 80 CJ-7)
Occupation
Just ask @cosine he knows!
I was considering that as well but think I will go for the full replacement. Seems like they had some good deals but wanted to see if anyone had purchased from them and if they were good quality for the price.
Most of their light sets are available from other sources on Amazon or Ebay for quite a bit less. I would look at ones using a single large projector, these typically have better cutoff & output. The Oracle Oculus and Rough Country 9" LEDs are this type. Can be found in the $500 range. I picked up some of the Rough Country 9" lights for half price on their scratch & dent ebay site, they were brand new in every way I could determine :)
https://www.ebay.com/itm/184865708873

roaniecowpony

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR, 14 GMC 1500 CC All TERRAIN
Occupation
Retired Engineer
I'm looking at led upgrades myself, wondering if just bulb replacement would be just as good as a housing replacement for the front.
No, a bulb replacement is not as good as a "good housing" replacement.

I put in a couple different bulbs, the Morimoto 2 Stroke and the SV4. The 2Stroke was so purple that it hurt my eyes. I sent the back the next day. The SV4 is bright, but they have "artifacts" above what should be a cutoff line. (that means a lot of glare for the oncoming drivers) LED bulbs in the OEM halogen reflector make for a lousy beam pattern. Looks good from the driver side just driving, but everyone else on the road pays the price. So, I'm still on the fence on what to do next.

From what I've read lately, the Oracle Oculus (with or without heated lenses) is a great beam pattern, with no artifacts above the very sharp and flat cutoff and has a wide usable pattern. My only other concern is the adjuster ease of access, since I like to adjust up and down when I change significant loading (especially with a very bright headlight). In my 14 GMC truck with 2016 OEM LED headlights, I've had people flash me, flip me off, and do a few different other things when my headlights were above normal height due to heavy loading on trips. So, it's important to me to be able to open the hood and stick a screwdriver in an adjuster without disassembling anything or a dirty lengthy process.

So, my considerations were/are: OEM LED housings, Oracle Oculus heated, DV8 (OEM clone), Morimoto LED projector retrofit.

Working backward up that list,

The Morimoto LED projectors provide a great beam and they use the OEM adjusters. See this thread (1) Retrofit Halogen Headlights | Jeep Wrangler Forums (JL / JLU) - Rubicon, Sahara, Sport, 4xe, 392 - JLwranglerforums.com
But, the negatives are: they are costly to have done, or labor intensive if you DIY. They also are 6300K color, which is too purple for me. Causes eye strain on long drives. They have a lot of external wiring and components. Warranty? :LOL:

The DV8 OEM clone is a direct replacement plug n play, but for the halos. Attractive. You can see a review here. (1) DV8 LED Headlights | Jeep Wrangler Forums (JL / JLU) - Rubicon, Sahara, Sport, 4xe, 392 - JLwranglerforums.com
The negatives are that the beams on the pictures posted in the thread are tilted. The right side is so tilted the cutoff to the left portion of the beam rises well above the left headlight cutoff and into oncoming traffic. The left headlight shown is tilted the other direction. This means quality control isn't up to snuff, to me. 1 year warranty.

The Oracle Oculus complete housing replacement seems to be good quality and has excellent beam control, is DOT compliant. Some beam pattern pictures here Changing to LED headlights from the standard lights? | Jeep Wrangler Forums (JL / JLU) - Rubicon, Sahara, Sport, 4xe, 392 - JLwranglerforums.com
My concern is the difficulty in adjusting easily when I change loads. I need to look into this a bit more. It's also available in a heated lense for snow/ice accumulation prevention. That's a plus. 2 year warranty. That's also a great plus in the aftermarket arena of lights.

Of course, there's always the OEM LED housings. Pricey, but all well made. Likely well sealed against the elements, reliable, DOT compliant, easy to adjust, no external components. But it requires a flash or Taser to change the BCM to LED (IIRC). The beam pattern isn't the greatest and does have some artifacts above the cutoff. But there's a lot to be said about reliability on headlights, trust me on that. No real warranty that I know of.

Last edited:

Sponsored

blnewt

First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Just got these put in, very sharp cutoff, true projector output. Has a nice blue edge on the upper like European Bi-Xenons. Has an easy hex head adjuster on the back. Sorry cutoff pic is only like 5 ft away since the back of my garage looks like a hurricane hit it :( Should get some good pics tonight from a distance. These are Rough Country 9" LED lights, also sold under a couple other "brands" on Amazon, etc. If you buy them through Rough Country they have a 3 year warranty.

https://www.roughcountry.com/jeep-l...nwQ00Neqm2HzO4YjjSiR-mpGeQB7q26QaAqUMEALw_wcB

Jeep Wrangler JL LED Upgrades IMG_0791.JPG

Jeep Wrangler JL LED Upgrades IMG_0785.JPG

Jeep Wrangler JL LED Upgrades IMG_0783.JPG

Jeep Wrangler JL LED Upgrades IMG_0781.JPG

Jeep Wrangler JL LED Upgrades IMG_0780.JPG

Last edited:

blnewt

First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
A couple more tonight, might fine tune the height a bit but for the most part they're just about right, and very happy w/ their overall performance, look, fit & finish, and illumination.

Jeep Wrangler JL LED Upgrades 1219211937a
Jeep Wrangler JL LED Upgrades 1219211937b
Jeep Wrangler JL LED Upgrades 1219211938c
Jeep Wrangler JL LED Upgrades 1219211941

roaniecowpony

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR, 14 GMC 1500 CC All TERRAIN
Occupation
Retired Engineer
A couple more tonight, might fine tune the height a bit but for the most part they're just about right, and very happy w/ their overall performance, look, fit & finish, and illumination.

1219211937a.jpg
1219211937b.jpg
1219211938c.jpg
1219211941.jpg
What color temperature do you think they are? RC doesn't have any spec on their website for the color. I'm looking to stay in the 5000k range. Your photos look like they are white without being purple-ish. What about the adjusters?

blnewt

First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
What color temperature do you think they are? RC doesn't have any spec on their website for the color. I'm looking to stay in the 5000k range. Your photos look like they are white without being purple-ish. What about the adjusters?
More complete info here, w/ more pics, I would say they are standard 6k color temps, would look off if you still have halogen anything, but if you have any LEDs they'll match up well.
https://www.jlwranglerforums.com/fo...untry-9-led-headlight-set.84526/#post-1764793

superdude

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Wrangler JLU Sport
I purchased RGB halo headlights and RGB halo fog lights from LED factory mart. The halo coloring from the fogs is not an exact match to the headlights, and neither is "white" on the white setting. The headlight halo has a very noticeable bluish hue, and the fogs have a noticeable violet hue. They look cool if you play around with a couple different RGB LED bluetooth apps to match the colors, but it's a pain. The pattern for the headlights is not road-safe. Though they were aimed as low as possible, I was flashed by EVERYONE.

Sponsored

MoHeTow!

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR Mojito!, 2022 JLUR4XE Tuscadero ordered
I purchased RGB halo headlights and RGB halo fog lights from LED factory mart. The halo coloring from the fogs is not an exact match to the headlights, and neither is "white" on the white setting. The headlight halo has a very noticeable bluish hue, and the fogs have a noticeable violet hue. They look cool if you play around with a couple different RGB LED bluetooth apps to match the colors, but it's a pain. The pattern for the headlights is not road-safe. Though they were aimed as low as possible, I was flashed by EVERYONE.
How was the install? any issues? I got those headlights and fogs for Xmas getting ready to install

superdude

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Wrangler JLU Sport
How was the install? any issues? I got those headlights and fogs for Xmas getting ready to install
Keep in mind, I purchased the version for the Sport, and it appears you have a Rubicon. It maybe a completely different experience. The halos required a separate power source, I used a simple fuse tap. If you've done that before, not an issue. The fogs required me to cut the factory harness on the Sport, the headlights were plug and play.

Stuckinthesand

First Name
CJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler Sport S

blnewt

First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
For what it’s worth I got the kiwi master 9” led lights and a set of aux beam led fogs for my 19 sport s and they both have perfect visibility and cutoff. Both sets of lights are also adjustable as well.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B07MYZN71M?psc=1&ref=ppx_pop_mob_b_asin_title

https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B08C5BHP2G?psc=1&ref=ppx_pop_mob_b_asin_title

1D470BB4-7795-4E8F-AB1C-FCB3BE511245.jpeg

5B029C92-5470-42D3-9038-9DABC1D829E5.jpeg
Do you have any pics of the cutoff w/ the headlights?? I have the same fogs and they work well!