Sponsored

Wrangler JL LED Lighting Upgrades - Open Discussion, ideas, suggestions, thoughts?

Diode Dynamics

Summit Sponsor (Level 3)
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.diodedynamics.com
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler
With the new Jeep Wrangler JL's updated lighting features & options it has us thinking, what lighting upgrades will owners be adding to their JL?

As we know, the premium trim models have new full LED headlights with the "halo" DRLs, but not the Sport models. Think they'll be worth the upgrade?

Which products will you be looking for when upgrading your JL's lighting?

What will you be connecting to the 4 auxiliary switches on your JL's center console?

What do you think of the JL's new tail light design, with the integrated blind-spot monitoring sensor built-in?

This general thread is for an open discussion of lighting upgrades and added features for the Wrangler JL
Sponsored

Covfefe

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUSS
With the new Jeep Wrangler JL's updated lighting features & options it has us thinking, what lighting upgrades will owners be adding to their JL?
Amber/White switchbacks to get rid of the reflective amber eyesore.

As we know, the premium trim models have new full LED headlights with the "halo" DRLs, but not the Sport models. Think they'll be worth the upgrade?

Yes

Which products will you be looking for when upgrading your JL's lighting?

Headlights (if sport) Lightbars with an even spread (not spot focused)

What will you be connecting to the 4 auxiliary switches on your JL's center console?

Lightbar, dashcam, compressor.

What do you think of the JL's new tail light design, with the integrated blind-spot monitoring sensor built-in?

I still don't understand why it has to stick out so far

The Great Grape Ape

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 JKU AspenX 5spd , 2015 JK Sport 6spd
Yeah that's what I don't get. I thought the sensors point to the sides and rear, but they need to point towards forward too??
Yep they do, they also have to extend far enough out to provide additional angle coverage for around the spare tire a bit too. Ugly, but hopefully effective... the same kind of function over form / substance over style mantra that the Wrangler embodies.

Sponsored

The Great Grape Ape

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 JKU AspenX 5spd , 2015 JK Sport 6spd
What I would like to see is a driving light level of intensity/range replacement for the fog lights in the Wrangler bumper. I would love another 100ft illumination on long empty stretches of prairie and mountain highways where suicidal fawna are everywhere trying to ruin your evening.

With the lights being so low, and high intesity focused beam would be great to extend the range of my eyes in these scenarios. Having it be a beam in the 2,000-2,500K yellowish tint would also help contrast primary 5,000K headlights.

OP
OP
Diode Dynamics

Diode Dynamics

Summit Sponsor (Level 3)
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.diodedynamics.com
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler
Yep they do, they also have to extend far enough out to provide additional angle coverage for around the spare tire a bit too. Ugly, but hopefully effective... the same kind of function over form / substance over style mantra that the Wrangler embodies.
Doug Demuro's video explained that the engineers had to compromise on the sensor location for proper functionality, but having that feature outweighs the aesthetic detriments IMO. It's going to make things tough for any aftermarket upgrades to those tail light housings.

Nick C.

OP
OP
Diode Dynamics

Diode Dynamics

Summit Sponsor (Level 3)
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.diodedynamics.com
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler
Would like to have it, but other things are more important to me and I am at my limit in terms of cost.
Personally, I'm a bit surprised it's not even an option for the Sport & Sport S at all

Nick C.

Sponsored

Lurvis33

First Name
Luke
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘18 Sting-Gray Sahara
Vehicle Showcase
How many of you will be spending the extra $895 for the LED Lighting Package on the Sahara/Rubicon JLs?

Nick C.
I’m doing the active safety group so I get the LED tail lights with safety features instead of paying extra for cosmetics and the LED “Goat Eyes”

0156DB1A-E8DE-4CA9-95C2-DA1C8BA25B31.jpeg

OP
OP
Diode Dynamics

Diode Dynamics

Summit Sponsor (Level 3)
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.diodedynamics.com
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler
I’m doing the active safety group so I get the LED tail lights with safety features instead of paying extra for cosmetics and the LED “Goat Eyes”

0156DB1A-E8DE-4CA9-95C2-DA1C8BA25B31.jpeg
Now that you made that connection, I'll never be able to "unsee" it with the premium housings lol

Nick C.