Sponsored

Are you installing ‘21 JLU Sahara Mopar LED lighting upgrades?

kerdizo

First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU Sahara
happy new year Jeepers,

first things first I’d like to say thank you for accepting my request to join this forum, I am a member of other Jeep forums but since I got my ‘21 JLU a couple months ago I figured I should join a strictly JL forum as well :)

Anyways, so I bought my JLU with the least amount of upgrades as I could because I wanted to do a lot of the upgrading myself (lighting, wheels and tires, lifts, accessories,etc) over the years and really personalize it to be my own unique Jeep.

I soon found out when I was looking to upgrade my headlights from the stock halogen lights to the Mopar LED lights that there was a little bit of information lacking in the installation manual that I received with my kit. I was informed in the kit that in order to install these upgraded headlights I’d need to take out the passenger fender liner, remove the glove box, remove interior trim, cut open and splice wiring, re-set pins in factory connectors, and a bunch of other steps as well. I read the manual once before beginning the process, then began removing and disassembling everything as the manual said starting from step 1.

It wasn’t until I was at one of the last steps where it was going to have me re-set pins in the factory connector that I realized all of the work I did to prepare for this job was completely unnecessary. On my JLU Sahara the wiring for DRL in the headlights is installed in the wiring harness from the factory. The only JLUs that you need to completely re-wire in order to use the DRL properly are the sport models I believe due to the fact that LED light upgrades are not even available on the sport models from the factory.

I am posting this in hopes that someone like myself will see it and not tear apart the interior trim, fender liners, and drill out rivets in their new Jeep when they don’t have to.

You can simply install the Mopar lights, and then bring your Jeep to your dealer, or if you have the equipment and know how yourself you or your dealer can program into the computer to utilize the DRL for the headlight harness, and it’s that simple.

thank you all for your time, and happy Jeeping ✌
-K
Sponsored

cchambers74

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Wrangler JL
Vehicle Showcase
happy new year Jeepers,

first things first I’d like to say thank you for accepting my request to join this forum, I am a member of other Jeep forums but since I got my ‘21 JLU a couple months ago I figured I should join a strictly JL forum as well :)

Anyways, so I bought my JLU with the least amount of upgrades as I could because I wanted to do a lot of the upgrading myself (lighting, wheels and tires, lifts, accessories,etc) over the years and really personalize it to be my own unique Jeep.

I soon found out when I was looking to upgrade my headlights from the stock halogen lights to the Mopar LED lights that there was a little bit of information lacking in the installation manual that I received with my kit. I was informed in the kit that in order to install these upgraded headlights I’d need to take out the passenger fender liner, remove the glove box, remove interior trim, cut open and splice wiring, re-set pins in factory connectors, and a bunch of other steps as well. I read the manual once before beginning the process, then began removing and disassembling everything as the manual said starting from step 1.

It wasn’t until I was at one of the last steps where it was going to have me re-set pins in the factory connector that I realized all of the work I did to prepare for this job was completely unnecessary. On my JLU Sahara the wiring for DRL in the headlights is installed in the wiring harness from the factory. The only JLUs that you need to completely re-wire in order to use the DRL properly are the sport models I believe due to the fact that LED light upgrades are not even available on the sport models from the factory.

I am posting this in hopes that someone like myself will see it and not tear apart the interior trim, fender liners, and drill out rivets in their new Jeep when they don’t have to.

You can simply install the Mopar lights, and then bring your Jeep to your dealer, or if you have the equipment and know how yourself you or your dealer can program into the computer to utilize the DRL for the headlight harness, and it’s that simple.

thank you all for your time, and happy Jeeping ✌
-K
Hey K I have a 20 Sahara, and have seen a few other post here where people have the coveted wire, I have a set of Mopar LEDs sitting in the box. Quick question on the factory connector that plugs into the headlights is there 4 wires going into the back of the connector, I haven't even dug into the wiring or looked at my pins.. Long story short if you don't mind confirming how to verify that the extra wire is already present, that would be great. After you did the flash is everything working ok for you.. I have seen quite a few post where people had the extra wire, had the dealer flash it and its still not working properly.. Thanks for you time .... Cody