Sponsored

Just got the Rough Country 9" LED headlight set

blnewt

First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep JL V6 SportS, (Retired 74 CJ-5, 80 CJ-7)
Occupation
Just ask @cosine he knows!
Had the halogens, went to an ebay multi LED set which had a horrible cloud-like cutoff, very poor illumination width, and overall poor lighting quality. I then went with a low lumen projector-type LED set w/ a decent cutoff but light output was poor as was the width of illumination, and the DRL ring started to melt, lol.

Purchased the Rough Country 9" LED set on their scratch & dent ebay site for $244, I guess they had an older box that was scratched up, the lights and internal packaging was top shelf, never used and not a single mark on anything :) These are $500 lights so even happier w/ this purchase.
https://www.roughcountry.com/jeep-led-headlights-rch5100.html

Simple plug & play install w/ included fuse tap for the DRLs and high quality wiring and canbus adapters, decent instructions too! Since I already had a fuse tap installed for my previous light mistakes, install took about 20 minutes :)

If you purchase these from Rough Country they have a 3yr warranty, I believe that's the longest one around for any lighting sets.

DRLs have a bold look and work very well, will definitely attract attention. I think these are sold from some Amazon vendors w/ a color option, I definitely didn't want that kind of attention though :) I doubt the other vendors for this light style offer much of a warranty either.

They have a simple hex head adjuster on the back for height and it works well, I may need to fine tune the cutoff a bit but will be easy w/ these adjusters. The overall fit and finish is very good, great packaging assures you will get them in great condition!

Here's a few pics of the lights, the cutoff, and on the road. Didn't get any pics of the high beams on the road, but they really do a nice job lighting up above and beyond the low beams cutoff. The upper edge of the cutoff has a blue edge like the European Bi-Xenons, a nice feature for sure! And from all the pics I've seen from the wiring harnesses and back of the headlights, these look just about identical to the Oracle Oculus. I would imagine they are sourced from the same basic parts bin with a different face mold. I don't think you can make a wrong choice w/ either one as they both have very good cutoff and light pattern/width of illumination.

Jeep Wrangler JL Just got the Rough Country 9" LED headlight set IMG_0790.JPG

Jeep Wrangler JL Just got the Rough Country 9" LED headlight set IMG_0791.JPG

Jeep Wrangler JL Just got the Rough Country 9" LED headlight set IMG_0783.JPG

Jeep Wrangler JL Just got the Rough Country 9" LED headlight set IMG_0789.JPG

Jeep Wrangler JL Just got the Rough Country 9" LED headlight set IMG_0782.JPG

Jeep Wrangler JL Just got the Rough Country 9" LED headlight set IMG_0781.JPG

Jeep Wrangler JL Just got the Rough Country 9" LED headlight set 1219211937a

Jeep Wrangler JL Just got the Rough Country 9" LED headlight set 1219211937b

Jeep Wrangler JL Just got the Rough Country 9" LED headlight set 1219211938c

Jeep Wrangler JL Just got the Rough Country 9" LED headlight set 1219211941
Sponsored

JayCeeX2

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Wrangler Sport S, 2014 4Runner Limited
I have the exact same LED headlights, they were only $399 when I bought them August of 2020 (from RC). I've been pretty happy with them and see similar results as you are.

Rustynail11

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Wrangler JLU Rubicon
Do you have to replace the entire assembly if they stop working?
My guess is yes but they are LED's so theoretically they should last a very, very long time.

I ordered a set of these today off of Rough Country's Scratch & Dent on eBay for $199. I did email them and they said their S&D sale items are functionally fine but may have small blemishes that don't affect performance.

Sponsored

2020 Rubi Diesel

First Name
Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLURD
I ask because I have a set on my jeep already. They were on there when I bought it. I have one that works randomly.

OP
OP
blnewt

blnewt

First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
I ask because I have a set on my jeep already. They were on there when I bought it. I have one that works randomly.
If they are Rough Country they have a 3yr warranty. There are others that have the same design that aren't Rough Country that probably have a 1yr warranty or less, so you should verify what brand they are for starters.

Hopefully whichever brand you have they will make things right for you. You could also have a poor connection, I'd probably double check your wiring first.

2020 Rubi Diesel

First Name
Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLURD
RC won't honor a warranty from other than the original person. Found that out with my RC winch that was 1 year old and was locked up.

ManE.C

First Name
Manuel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep JL
Occupation
Making it happen
Had the halogens, went to an ebay multi LED set which had a horrible cloud-like cutoff, very poor illumination width, and overall poor lighting quality. I then went with a low lumen projector-type LED set w/ a decent cutoff but light output was poor as was the width of illumination, and the DRL ring started to melt, lol.

Purchased the Rough Country 9" LED set on their scratch & dent ebay site for $244, I guess they had an older box that was scratched up, the lights and internal packaging was top shelf, never used and not a single mark on anything :) These are $500 lights so even happier w/ this purchase.
https://www.roughcountry.com/jeep-led-headlights-rch5100.html

Simple plug & play install w/ included fuse tap for the DRLs and high quality wiring and canbus adapters, decent instructions too! Since I already had a fuse tap installed for my previous light mistakes, install took about 20 minutes :)

If you purchase these from Rough Country they have a 3yr warranty, I believe that's the longest one around for any lighting sets.

DRLs have a bold look and work very well, will definitely attract attention. I think these are sold from some Amazon vendors w/ a color option, I definitely didn't want that kind of attention though :) I doubt the other vendors for this light style offer much of a warranty either.

They have a simple hex head adjuster on the back for height and it works well, I may need to fine tune the cutoff a bit but will be easy w/ these adjusters. The overall fit and finish is very good, great packaging assures you will get them in great condition!

Here's a few pics of the lights, the cutoff, and on the road. Didn't get any pics of the high beams on the road, but they really do a nice job lighting up above and beyond the low beams cutoff. The upper edge of the cutoff has a blue edge like the European Bi-Xenons, a nice feature for sure! And from all the pics I've seen from the wiring harnesses and back of the headlights, these look just about identical to the Oracle Oculus. I would imagine they are sourced from the same basic parts bin with a different face mold. I don't think you can make a wrong choice w/ either one as they both have very good cutoff and light pattern/width of illumination.

Great Post, thanks.

Vanburi

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 'Mojito' JLR
The rough country ebay scratch and dent store has a couple of sets on sale now for $159.99...

HURRY

Sponsored

OP
OP
blnewt

blnewt

First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation

zsg1313

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Willys (totaled) 2022 Rubi (6sp 2dr)
Thread revival. I picked up a pair of these and am waiting on a reply from the ebay store but mine have one headlight that has something audibly moving around in the driver side lens when you pick it up and shake it. I looked but couldnt find anything, is anyone aware of instructions for taking these apart and finding whats moving around in there?

OP
OP
blnewt

blnewt

First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Thread revival. I picked up a pair of these and am waiting on a reply from the ebay store but mine have one headlight that has something audibly moving around in the driver side lens when you pick it up and shake it. I looked but couldnt find anything, is anyone aware of instructions for taking these apart and finding whats moving around in there?
You can call Rough Country directly, number is on the upper right of the main page here
https://www.roughcountry.com/?utm_s...4r8RgR-tS_IpPzV94m9oZ_kY3XeEvYvEaAgY1EALw_wcB