LED tail light issues

Mooseman4422

First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Unlimited
I have a 2018 JLU Rubicon, it has factory LED tail lights and the drivers side running light that goes around the perimeter of it is burnt out. I have seen several on here for sale my question is how do I know which ones will work? some say with BSM and some say without BSM (back-up side markers ?) and are there any aftermarket ones that anyone recommend ?
Sponsored

Mad Hatter

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR, 2011 MDX Advance
LED's are typically rated for 50,000 hours. I doubt that you have driven that many hours with your lights on. I would suggest checking the wiring and plug connectors.

Further, if you have the extended warranty, that may help. Especially since I saw somewhere that these assemblies with blind spot sensors are something like an unbelievable $750 a pop! Unfortunately, also unbelievably something like 6+ months on backorder...

Good luck!

mwilk012

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ocean Blue JLU Rubicon
Occupation
Service
BSM=Blind Spot Monitoring. If you don’t have the little light on the mirror, you don’t have BSM.

OP
OP

Mooseman4422

First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Unlimited
LED's are typically rated for 50,000 hours. I doubt that you have driven that many hours with your lights on. I would suggest checking the wiring and plug connectors.

Further, if you have the extended warranty, that may help. Especially since I saw somewhere that these assemblies with blind spot sensors are something like an unbelievable $750 a pop! Unfortunately, also unbelievably something like 6+ months on backorder...

Good luck!
Thanks

Sponsored

LastChild69

First Name
Johnnie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Rubicon Unlimited
Occupation
Traffic Signal Supervisor
If you have to, or want to replace the whole assembly, I can recommend the Oracle LED tails. I had them, any no issues. Plug & play and they’re smoked lens so they look nice on my Stingray 2020 Rubi. JMO

jludave

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Wrangler Unlimited Sport Altitude
Occupation
IT Manager
Vehicle Showcase
Clubs

I have seen several on here for sale my question is how do I know which ones will work? some say with BSM and some say without BSM (back-up side markers ?)
OEM LED tails have the space for the BSM sensors even if the vehicle is not equipped with BSM. There are aftermarket tails that come with the space for the BSM sensors and others that do not.

are there any aftermarket ones that anyone recommend ?
These are fantastic. I have them installed for almost a year. Bright and have a unique look with the split halo.

https://www.extremeterrain.com/raxiom-jeep-wrangler-led-tail-lights-j132754-jl.html

OP
OP

Mooseman4422

First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Unlimited