2020 Wrangler Unlimited Sport Altitude
Occupation
IT Manager
Vehicle Showcase
Clubs

Good luck, have fun.
No luck needed.

You seem to dispute what I said.

The BRP Auto pair of LED taillights I was running were 100% plug-and-play. They have built-in resistors, so it was simply a matter of removing the OEM halogen tails and installing the LED taillights. You can see their install video here. I ran these for just over a year. No programming with a Tazer or JSCAN needed. These went into a Sport Altitude that came with halogen taillights from the factory.

The other day, I installed a set of Winjet Renegade LED taillights. They are also 100% plug-and-play, again with no programming needed. Here's an install video for those.

The Kiwi Master taillights are also 100% plug-and-play. So are the set by Oracle (install video here) and most others.

When installing OEM LED taillights into a vehicle that came with halogen taillights from the factory, then a Tazer or JSCAN is needed to flash the vehicle.
Sponsored

mwilk012

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ocean Blue JLU Rubicon
Occupation
Service
No luck needed.

You seem to dispute what I said.

The BRP Auto pair of LED taillights I was running were 100% plug-and-play. They have built-in resistors, so it was simply a matter of removing the OEM halogen tails and installing the LED taillights. You can see their install video here. I ran these for just over a year. No programming with a Tazer or JSCAN needed. These went into a Sport Altitude that came with halogen taillights from the factory.

The other day, I installed a set of Winjet Renegade LED taillights. They are also 100% plug-and-play, again with no programming needed. Here's an install video for those.

The Kiwi Master taillights are also 100% plug-and-play. So are the set by Oracle (install video here) and most others.

When installing OEM LED taillights into a vehicle that came with halogen taillights from the factory, then a Tazer or JSCAN is needed to flash the vehicle.
How do they solve the flicker problem?

jludave

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
IT Manager
Vehicle Showcase
Clubs

There's been no flicker on either set I've installed. The 2 sets I've had, have built-in-load resistors that take care of that and also eliminate hyperflash. Some sets have external load resistors that mount to a plate which then gets clipped to a body panel. They do the same thing.

blnewt

First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep JL V6 SportS, (Retired 74 CJ-5, 80 CJ-7)
Occupation
Just ask @cosine he knows!
Mine had in line resistors, so I assume that takes care of the CANBUS issues one might have if you didn't have them. And it sounds like all the lights that @jludave used had in-line resistors or ones that were integrated in the circuit.

blnewt

First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
There's been no flicker on either set I've installed. The 2 sets I've had, have built-in-load resistors that take care of that and also eliminate hyperflash. Some sets have external load resistors that mount to a plate which then gets clipped to a body panel. They do the same thing.
Here's mine
Jeep Wrangler JL Dead Tail Light after Aftermarket LED installed 100_4098.JPG

Sponsored

mwilk012

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ocean Blue JLU Rubicon
Occupation
Service
Mine had in line resistors, so I assume that takes care of the CANBUS issues one might have if you didn't have them. And it sounds like all the lights that @jludave used had in-line resistors or ones that were integrated in the circuit.
that will keep the back from flagging a bulb out warning or hyper flash, but they will be flickering whether or not you can see it.

jludave

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
IT Manager
Vehicle Showcase
Clubs

they will be flickering whether or not you can see it.
If mine were flickering, it wasn't noticeable on either set.

The point is, neither set required any type of programming and the majority of aftermarket taillights also do not.

blnewt

First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
If mine were flickering, it wasn't noticeable on either set.

The point is, neither set required any type of programming and the majority of aftermarket taillights also do not.
No noticeable flickering w/ my set, but my eyes are old so???
Sponsored