Sponsored

LED Light option; worth it?

BWWJL

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 JLU Sport S
Vehicle Showcase
The general consensus seems to be that the LED lights are vastly superior to the halogen lights. To each his own but, for me, they were a must.
I say buy them and i’ll then swap you my junky incandescent + the price of the LEDs + a dozen homemade chocolate cookies. I’ll even cover shipping.
;)
Sponsored

iznthesky

First Name
Edgar
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep JL Rubicon & 2004 Jeep TJ. Previously owned 1993 Cherokee, 1980 CJ5, & M151A2 while in the Military. For the love of Jeeps !
Absolutely worth it....of all the accessories that you pay for....you will use and appreciate those LED lights every day when it’s dark. The only other option that you will use more....is the alpine 8.4 stereo. Both are worth every dollar they cost.

BTW.....save your $ and don’t spend extra on the steel bumper group. Those bumpers are flimsy.....save and buy good aftermarket steel or aluminum bumpers.

paffemt

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU Sahara
Interesting. I have read the stories, I just have not experienced it. I completely clean off my Jeep every time there is snow, including the headlights. I haven't had issues with icing over- I would regularly have that with the Halogens on my old TJ's in particularly nasty snowstorms because it would heat the snow/ice around the light bezels, then freeze over, and repeat. It's why I stopped running those stupid safari light protectors- they just made that worse.
The first time it happened, I had come out of the garage going to work at O Dark Thirty. Within 10 minutes I had the light speed effect. We typically get the wet slushy type snow, not the dry stuff. I love the LEDs, but I did add Halogens as a way of having light when we do get wet snow. The last time, they were clear and I was heading home from my firehouse at night in snow and they were covered within 3 minutes. The Halogens really helped and it was a cheap fix. Overall, I would not change my decision to go with the LED package.

Sponsored

Bswen

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Sahara
I see lots of votes for LED, but how many have driven both?
I have the standard lights and they are excellent. I will admit that previous generations were not very good, but I have no complaints about the JL. I get people flashing their high beams at me still, honestly they are great.
Ive had both and the difference is like night and day.

lzaffuto

First Name
Lucas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 2 door Sport S Sarge Green
Have to agree 110%. The LEDs should be standard. If you’re dishing out the $$ for the diesel then spend the extra money and get the LEDs. You won’t regret it.
I think it's inevitable that a future mid model revision of the JL will have LEDs all around standard. Perhaps after the Bronco hits the market. Unfortunately I'm also pretty sure the MSRP will go up accordingly to accommodate it.

Brad_H

First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep JL Rubicon (stock so far)
I'm not sure that I would have picked the LEDs if I was ordering a Jeep, but the one I picked off of the lot had them. I can't believe how good they are. Knowing what I know now, I would definitely get them. They are some of the best headlights I have ever used.

bullfrog3459

First Name
Jeremiah
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2008 Dodge Caliber (Sold), 2012 Black Dodge Journey, 2021 HellaYella Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sport Altitude
Occupation
Network Administrator / Project Manager
Vehicle Showcase
We ordered our '21 with them. My wife and I have both had cars with halogen and LED and we knew LED was the way to go.

Sponsored

Elsinore73

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JL Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon
I ordered my 2021 JLUR without the LED group. I’m not a huge fan of the LED fender lights and tail lights. Figured a quality LED headlight conversion at $500-600 is Roughly 1/3 the price of the LED group. That was my mentality at the time.

with that said, I’m starting to regret not ordering the LED group from the factory. I would likely add it if I could.

kaffeian

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL 2 door Sport
Occupation
Lead Machine Operator
LED is a great option. The biggest thing I've heard as a big downfall is in snow. Because of the way the headlamps are inset in the grill, in snow, they will fill up and become packed. The LED's don't get hot enough to melt the snow, making it difficult in winter driving and heavy snow.

I live in Wisconsin and don't have the LED's. A friend of mine has a Rubi with the LED's and mentioned this problem last year on a long drive across the state to visit family. They had to pull over several times to clear out the headlamps.

BWWJL

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 JLU Sport S
Vehicle Showcase
Maybe us snow folks should run 1 halogen and 1 LED?

MichaelAnthony

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler Rubicon JLUR, 97 Centurion Dually 7.3, 97 Classy Chassis Dually 7.3, 2016 Ultra Classic CVO
Vehicle Showcase
Love my LED's and i get flashed all the time.... so I just flash back....:LOL:... wouldn't have it any other way....
Sponsored