Leave the SGW module unplugged?

cwwjr1681

First Name
Charles
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Jeep Wrangler JL Williys
This - if I leave the black plugs disconnected after I unplug my OBD II adapter (small black MX+ box) and SGW defeat cable (cable with red connectors), the center 8.4 screen doesn’t come on. I have to plug those black connector back up under the dash.
Im am not 100% sure this is just a guess... the 2022+ have advanced telemetric monitoring which 2021 or older do not. I believe this happens on 2022+ or newer because the security gateway/bypass BY DESIGN blocks some telemetric data. Which is why you may sometimes notice if you leave it plugged in your SOS module glows red. Yet when you connect it back to the SWG it clears.

This was intentional by the Security Bypass to stop certain monitoring data from being transmitted via telemetric. In my case in my 2022 JL my SOS ALWAYS glows red and often post a telemetric trouble code because I am using a 9" aftermarket android Radio head unit which is not connected to the factory telemetric. I leave the same cable you have plugged in. So now that I think about all this it kind of makes sense it would effect the stock head unit this way.

Like I said done quote me on this. Its just a guess. I could be wrong.
Sponsored

Last edited: