sobeit69

First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 JK Freedom Ed. 2005 Hummer H2 SUT
I ended up leasing! I pay 380 a month for 42 months with 15k a year
Wow that’s like half of what I was quoted. Would you mind PM the paperwork so I can see it and maybe get the dealer to not try to scam me. They quoted me almost $600 on a lease of a final price rubicon at 48k.
I’m just trying to make a decision and kinda scared at the values...every time I go to a dealership to look and ponder what I want they kinda push me farther away from even wanting to buy a new Jeep. Kinda depressing. But if I can lease one for under $400 and I was gonna put like 5k down, which should lower payments under $300 that would be terrific. Thanks for your time and help!

sobeit69

First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
11k probably too much. ‍♂
I was planning on 10k down since that’s the equity in my JK. But dealer said I didn’t have to put that much...your residual shoul be like 20k I bet

XJrider

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Rubicon JL , 2 JK’s , XJ
I pay 498 a month. 3 k down. 52,400 sticker

Sponsored

XJrider

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Rubicon JL , 2 JK’s , XJ
Well
I would do that. Anything you could share paperwork wise so I can try to get same deal...thanks
Well its my 3rd lease with them so , that helps. Everything else is normal ... the buyout is the price i told you minus the payments...

ChrispyJL

First Name
chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Punk"N JLU Sport s
Occupation
Building Mechanic
Maybe look at a sport s lease?
I traded them my 2017 Subaru crosstrek as my money down, had 3k in equity in it.
$319/ 39/ 12k

Do you plan on keeping the Rubi at end of lease? Leasing for lower payments?
Do you plan to use a leased Rubi off road? terrible idea, hopefully I don't need to tell you why.

I will most likely buy out my JLU sport S lease, but I made sure the buyout was reasonable, which it is.
give the JLU to my wife, and hopefully I am in a financial situation to finance my 2dr Rubi

sobeit69

First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maybe look at a sport s lease?
I traded them my 2017 Subaru crosstrek as my money down, had 3k in equity in it.
$319/ 39/ 12k

Do you plan on keeping the Rubi at end of lease? Leasing for lower payments?
Do you plan to use a leased Rubi off road? terrible idea, hopefully I don't need to tell you why.

I will most likely buy out my JLU sport S lease, but I made sure the buyout was reasonable, which it is.
give the JLU to my wife, and hopefully I am in a financial situation to finance my 2dr Rubi
Ya we wanted to lease for lower payment and buy it out at end like we did with our 2013 JK. Dealer was giving 22k trade on a 2dr loaded freedom Ed. So I would have $10k to go towards the new RUBI.
Just trying to get a feel for a payment. We leased are JK for $280 with $3000 down in 2013. Dealers here are hittin me at 680

sobeit69

First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Well

Well its my 3rd lease with them so , that helps. Everything else is normal ... the buyout is the price i told you minus the payments...
But what is your residual buy out,...mines still 39k after 36 months at 680. Which is a joke

Sponsored

Kegilber

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler JL
But what is your residual buy out,...mines still 39k after 36 months at 680. Which is a joke
I leased a 2018 JL Unlimited Sport S for 39 months 15k miles per yr for 2.5k down @ $490 per month. My residual is 26K and the sticker price was 40k I would love to buy this car out after the lease do you think it will be worth the 26K or would you recommend getting a newer model at that time?

MAPC

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Formerly JK-U, JL-U awaiting production
I leased a 2018 JL Unlimited Sport S for 39 months 15k miles per yr for 2.5k down @ $490 per month. My residual is 26K and the sticker price was 40k I would love to buy this car out after the lease do you think it will be worth the 26K or would you recommend getting a newer model at that time?
Wait and see. See what else is out there at the time and balance that against the value of your off-lease vehicle at that time. No Ned to decide now—- just enjoy your Jeep for the next three years and worry about what happens then later! ;)

Jcsieman

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUS, Lexus RX 350
My JLUS stickered at $47,800(ish). After discounts and $0 down, my lease is $475 for 48mos, 10k miles per year, and a $30,500(ish) buyout. That math means I’ll end up paying $53,300 for a Jeep that had a $44k-$45k negotiated price at sale. NOT - at all - a good deal. To put that in perspective, I leased a new Mercedes that stickered $50k and cost $49,400 between lease payments and buyout option (after some good discounts but still), and I leased a $45k’ish sticker Lexus for a total cost of $46k’ish after buyout and total lease payments. This JL is thousands worse off than either deal.

Unfortunately for me, I ordered my Jeep in November 2017 (pre-production) and didn’t get it delivered until Feb 2018. I had been waiting five months by the time my JLUS was built and delivered. I also had my family (two little kids included) with me when purchasing. The dealership had a lot of situational leverage ha. I took the deal as soon as they lowered the payments to something “reasonable” so my wife could get the kids home for bed. I “normally” would not have done such a lopsided deal.

I would think long and hard before leasing a Wrangler instead of buying it. They don’t lease well (at all) to begin with and, in most cases, people get a wrangler with a desire to off-road/customize. Neither goes well with leasing. Even though mine is a lease with a 50/50 shot of being kept long term, I’ve put $500 into mods. Makes no financial sense whatsoever ha.

Unless you’re a low mileage driver, the JL is your long term absolute dream car, and a lease is the only way you can make the payments work, I would look at more practical/financially sound options. If the JL is your forever dream car, then I suppose the “wasted” money is an ends to a means when the lease option is needed.

JLClt

First Name
Smolniy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW M240i
My JLUS stickered at $47,800(ish). After discounts and $0 down, my lease is $475 for 48mos, 10k miles per year, and a $30,500(ish) buyout. That math means I’ll end up paying $53,300 for a Jeep that had a $44k-$45k negotiated price at sale. NOT - at all - a good deal. To put that in perspective, I leased a new Mercedes that stickered $50k and cost $49,400 between lease payments and buyout option (after some good discounts but still), and I leased a $45k’ish sticker Lexus for a total cost of $46k’ish after buyout and total lease payments. This JL is thousands worse off than either deal.

Unfortunately for me, I ordered my Jeep in November 2017 (pre-production) and didn’t get it delivered until Feb 2018. I had been waiting five months by the time my JLUS was built and delivered. I also had my family (two little kids included) with me when purchasing. The dealership had a lot of situational leverage ha. I took the deal as soon as they lowered the payments to something “reasonable” so my wife could get the kids home for bed. I “normally” would not have done such a lopsided deal.

I would think long and hard before leasing a Wrangler instead of buying it. They don’t lease well (at all) to begin with and, in most cases, people get a wrangler with a desire to off-road/customize. Neither goes well with leasing. Even though mine is a lease with a 50/50 shot of being kept long term, I’ve put $500 into mods. Makes no financial sense whatsoever ha.

Unless you’re a low mileage driver, the JL is your long term absolute dream car, and a lease is the only way you can make the payments work, I would look at more practical/financially sound options. If the JL is your forever dream car, then I suppose the “wasted” money is an ends to a means when the lease option is needed.
It's all in the money factor. Although Wrangler has really high residuals especially with a Sport and Sport S, the money factor is ridiculous compared to the examples you've mentioned.

For instance a C-class MB money factor right now is about 0.00047 which multiplied by 2400 to convert to an interest rate is 1.13% where as with the Wrangler, Chrysler and Ally are raping people with a money factor of about 0.0021 which again times 2400 is 5.04% rate.

So that's why your 50K MB or Lexus or BMW is going to be about 51-52K total between your payments and the residual. In the mean time Wranglers will cost you, as you mentioned, 53K for a 45K Jeep.

The only thing that helps with lower payments is the residual value where on a BMW/MB/Lexus you're about 55-57% and the Wrangler is in the 60's on a 36/36 lease. So theoretically if Ally and Chrysler weren't charging too much interest you could drive a 50K Rubicon for $350-$400 a month with 0 down, especially if you scored one of those 5-6% below invoice deals.
Sponsored