LEASING RUBICON IN MICHIGAN

miajae

First Name
Mia
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU Rubicon, 2018 Jeep Grand Cherokee, 2017 Silverado Midnight
I have been trying to lease a 2019 ALL WHITE RUBICON for over a month. There are none in existence in Michigan. The sales manager I do business with ran my credit and numbers and came back with $894 down and $515 a month for 12,000 miles 4 year lease on a completely loaded Rubicon including the Sky One Touch option - but it has to be built. I have to turn in my lease Sunday and he has quit answering me. Does anyone have any suggestions or does anyone work for a dealership that can match the deal? And yes I have reached out to about 5 other dealerships who cannot touch the deal I was getting...I am willing to travel to get it.
Sponsored

RockyMtnHigh

First Name
Corey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Rubicon - Punk'n Orange
I'm confused, will they not order the Rubicon for you? Or are you trying to find a vehicle on the lot? I'm not sure how loaded you're talking about but I found 4 Bright White, 4 Door Rubicon, with Sky One Touch, LED lights, Heated seats/wheel, Premium Audio, Steel Bumpers, Trailer Tow and Aux Switches. All the popular packages. Here's one: https://www.rochesterhillschryslerj...Wrangler-f648a97d0a0e0ae91b217c6f177cb66c.htm

OP
OP
miajae

miajae

First Name
Mia
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I'm confused, will they not order the Rubicon for you? Or are you trying to find a vehicle on the lot? I'm not sure how loaded you're talking about but I found 4 Bright White, 4 Door Rubicon, with Sky One Touch, LED lights, Heated seats/wheel, Premium Audio, Steel Bumpers, Trailer Tow and Aux Switches. All the popular packages. Here's one: https://www.rochesterhillschryslerj...Wrangler-f648a97d0a0e0ae91b217c6f177cb66c.htm
He said that any of the Jeeps around here that match my criteria have been special ordered by customers so they are already spoken for. What you sent me is exactly what I’m looking for, although I’m not sure if I want the 2.0T. My issue is nobody else can touch the price he’s giving me. For $250 he gives me special pricing and no other dealership will do it. As far as building one, he’s mentioned it several times but isn’t making any effort to get it done for me.

RockyMtnHigh

First Name
Corey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Rubicon - Punk'n Orange
He said that any of the Jeeps around here that match my criteria have been special ordered by customers so they are already spoken for. What you sent me is exactly what I’m looking for, although I’m not sure if I want the 2.0T. My issue is nobody else can touch the price he’s giving me. For $250 he gives me special pricing and no other dealership will do it. As far as building one, he’s mentioned it several times but isn’t making any effort to get it done for me.
If you want one built, you have to put in what they call a "sold order". Typically there will be a down payment in the form of a deposit, and then they will order it. No paperwork has to be signed at this point and you could back out at any time but you will lose your deposit. If he's not ordering it for you, he just doesn't want to because there's nothing that should be stopping him.

OP
OP
miajae

miajae

First Name
Mia
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
If you want one built, you have to put in what they call a "sold order". Typically there will be a down payment in the form of a deposit, and then they will order it. No paperwork has to be signed at this point and you could back out at any time but you will lose your deposit. If he's not ordering it for you, he just doesn't want to because there's nothing that should be stopping him.
Right. Which is odd when he is the one who has brought building one up several times all on his own. I’m not sitting around begging him to do it. I guess if he blows me off until the end of next week I’ll be giving up on my hopes of leasing a JL.

Sponsored

Digger70

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Willys
If he's not returning your calls then go in and see him.

OP
OP
miajae

miajae

First Name
Mia
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
If he's not returning your calls then go in and see him.
My friend who works for a dealership told me to do the same. Not sure what to do, seems like if he isn’t returning my text messages or calls that he doesn’t want my business. There are many factors that come into play here, my family is friends with the owner of the dealership along with the GM so I’m not sure why this guy wouldn’t be answering me even if it was to tell me he didn’t want to work with me. I guess I just feel awkward going to pay him a visit when he’s clearly ignoring me.

garfieldtcat

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 Rubicon
I had the same problem with a salesman after ordering my Jeep. He dropped off the map, never returned my calls or texts etc.. I had no idea if it had really been ordered, I didn't get a VON or VIN from him etc..

Every time I called I was told I had to talk to this one tool to get an update, but he never answered his phone. After about 3 weeks of this, I gave up on the dealership and called to cancel the order. When I called, I just said that I wanted talk to the new car manager specifically. I wouldn't tell them why.

The new car manager was a really good guy and I got a call back from a different salesman 5 mins later with the details of my order (and of course the order was wrong, but close enough, so I kept it). I had that salesman through the rest of the purchasing process and everything went smoothly. When I went to pick it up, I asked about the first guy and he had been fired.

Moral of the story... there is more than one salesperson at that dealership. If this guys is being useless, go talk to somebody else there.

OP
OP
miajae

miajae

First Name
Mia
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I had the same problem with a salesman after ordering my Jeep. He dropped off the map, never returned my calls or texts etc.. I had no idea if it had really been ordered, I didn't get a VON or VIN from him etc..

Every time I called I was told I had to talk to this one tool to get an update, but he never answered his phone. After about 3 weeks of this, I gave up on the dealership and called to cancel the order. When I called, I just said that I wanted talk to the new car manager specifically. I wouldn't tell them why.

The new car manager was a really good guy and I got a call back from a different salesman 5 mins later with the details of my order (and of course the order was wrong, but close enough, so I kept it). I had that salesman through the rest of the purchasing process and everything went smoothly. When I went to pick it up, I asked about the first guy and he had been fired.

Moral of the story... there is more than one salesperson at that dealership. If this guys is being useless, go talk to somebody else there.
Unfortunately, mine hasn’t even been built. I can try to go around him but any sales person I go to will have to go through him (possibly) since he’s a manager. If I talk to the owner or GM I won’t get the discount, as they aren’t supposed to be doing that. I should probably just listen to everyone, grow a pair and go into the dealership.

aprez27

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Wrangler Rubicon
Vehicle Showcase
If the salesman doesn't want your business, someone else will.

Sponsored

OP
OP
miajae

miajae

First Name
Mia
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
If the salesman doesn't want your business, someone else will.
That's what I thought. But nobody seems to want it bad enough to where they will give me the same deal. I'm contacting another dealership right now but after this I think it maybe wasn't meant to be.

garfieldtcat

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 Rubicon
Unfortunately, mine hasn’t even been built. I can try to go around him but any sales person I go to will have to go through him (possibly) since he’s a manager. If I talk to the owner or GM I won’t get the discount, as they aren’t supposed to be doing that. I should probably just listen to everyone, grow a pair and go into the dealership.
I think you're making the mistake of believing what this guy is telling you. You need to treat all dealers as the enemy so that you don't get screwed. This guys sounds like the enemy.

There are 4 white JLURs with Sky One Touch tops within 75 miles of 48002 according to the Jeep inventory search on the jeep.com website. That site does not show Jeeps that are custom ordered. So the one linked above at Rochester Hills is not a custom order. It should be available for you to buy unless somebody else has already bought it. My useless salesman gave me the same song and dance when I brought him a print out of a Jeep at another dealer that I wanted him to try to get for me. It was an 18 and I wanted a 19, but if he could have gotten it for me, I would have taken it. He said he called and it was sold, but I called the dealer that was selling it myself and it wasn't. So he was just lying to me.

Do you have the full details on the lease offer you got? MSRP, Purchase Price, Residual, Money Factor, Acquisition Fee, Security Deposit etc.. What bank is it with? Does it include sales tax. I've had dealers quote me lease rates without the sales tax before to make the payment sound smaller than it really would be. That $515 would be $546 inc tax if it doesn't already include it.

Does the deal include them taking your current lease? What do you currently lease, what condition is it in, how many miles are on it, what is the buyout price for you to keep it. It could easily be that your current lease is worth more that the buyout, especially if it has low miles. In that case, the dealership could be looking to make a couple of thousand dollars taking it off you and that might be what's making your payment lower than other dealers can manage.

There is just no way that some sales manager is giving you magic discounts that the GM or Owner wouldn't give you. I'd bypass his ass in heartbeat if I knew the Owner. Half the people that work at dealerships are managers nowadays but the title is meaningless most of the time.

When you go back in, make sure you're armed with all the knowledge you can find. There is plenty of info on this site on leasing Jeeps. When this guy is lying to you, call him on it! Good luck!

OP
OP
miajae

miajae

First Name
Mia
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I think you're making the mistake of believing what this guy is telling you. You need to treat all dealers as the enemy so that you don't get screwed. This guys sounds like the enemy.

There are 4 white JLURs with Sky One Touch tops within 75 miles of 48002 according to the Jeep inventory search on the jeep.com website. That site does not show Jeeps that are custom ordered. So the one linked above at Rochester Hills is not a custom order. It should be available for you to buy unless somebody else has already bought it. My useless salesman gave me the same song and dance when I brought him a print out of a Jeep at another dealer that I wanted him to try to get for me. It was an 18 and I wanted a 19, but if he could have gotten it for me, I would have taken it. He said he called and it was sold, but I called the dealer that was selling it myself and it wasn't. So he was just lying to me.

Do you have the full details on the lease offer you got? MSRP, Purchase Price, Residual, Money Factor, Acquisition Fee, Security Deposit etc.. What bank is it with? Does it include sales tax. I've had dealers quote me lease rates without the sales tax before to make the payment sound smaller than it really would be. That $515 would be $546 inc tax if it doesn't already include it.

Does the deal include them taking your current lease? What do you currently lease, what condition is it in, how many miles are on it, what is the buyout price for you to keep it. It could easily be that your current lease is worth more that the buyout, especially if it has low miles. In that case, the dealership could be looking to make a couple of thousand dollars taking it off you and that might be what's making your payment lower than other dealers can manage.

There is just no way that some sales manager is giving you magic discounts that the GM or Owner wouldn't give you. I'd bypass his ass in heartbeat if I knew the Owner. Half the people that work at dealerships are managers nowadays but the title is meaningless most of the time.

When you go back in, make sure you're armed with all the knowledge you can find. There is plenty of info on this site on leasing Jeeps. When this guy is lying to you, call him on it! Good luck!
I feel like a lot of salesmen don't want to work with me because I throw a ton of knowledge at them (I used to work at a dealership) and they know I'm not someone they can screw over so they don't want to even deal with me.

That one from Rochester someone posted is sold already.

I found one in Sterling Heights and I'm waiting to hear back from a sales manager.

The sales manager I was dealing with was giving me employee pricing without me having to come up with an EP number but charging me cash on the side to get it which is why a GM would refuse to do that, he could actually lose his job for doing that.

I have a 2017 Silverado Midnight Edition with minimal miles and in pristine condition. If nobody works with me on this by tomorrow then they lose the sale of my lease that is being turned in.

I'm going to continue looking. Most of the Jeeps I find that match my criteria are listed as SOLD once I go to the dealership website.

Thank you so much for all of your input!! I really appreciate it. I'm dying to get this JLUR - it has been driving me crazy for the last 5 months.

aprez27

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Wrangler Rubicon
Vehicle Showcase
That's what I thought. But nobody seems to want it bad enough to where they will give me the same deal. I'm contacting another dealership right now but after this I think it maybe wasn't meant to be.
This guy may have made you too good of a deal and wont be making anything on it and that's probably why he won't call you back. I wen't out of state to get a deal that my local dealerships would't even come close to. Did the same thing with my old JKU, same state just a hour and a half away. Local dealer "loves" when I bring it in for warranty work. They try to give me a hard time every time I go in about not buying the Jeep there. And every time I tell them their sales people are jerks and think they're dealing BMW's with the numbers they keep coming back with. I also like to remind them that it's my 3rd Jeep, none of which I purchased from you.

garfieldtcat

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 Rubicon
The sales manager I was dealing with was giving me employee pricing without me having to come up with an EP number but charging me cash on the side to get it which is why a GM would refuse to do that, he could actually lose his job for doing that.

I have a 2017 Silverado Midnight Edition with minimal miles and in pristine condition. If nobody works with me on this by tomorrow then they lose the sale of my lease that is being turned in.
That salesman should be fired for pulling that stunt. Any dealer can do employee pricing without putting in their own code. The dealer I bought mine from said they were doing that to give me employee pricing too. The deal was better than employee pricing in the end, but the sales manager said he was giving me his code about a dozen times. I had the 1% off invoice code though my Job rather than thread lightly, and had the print out with me. You can't combine those, so when it came to financing time, of course they wanted my code. I told them they couldn't have it because we were using the sales managers code. Then they had to be honest with me and say they weren't really using his code at all and that they were really using mine. Any of the dealers around me will do employee pricing without any codes. Things could be different in MI though.

Before you turn your lease in, take it to Carmax first. Carmax gets a bad rap, but if you show up with a car they actually want to sell on their lot, you will get a good price for it. They would definitely want your truck on their lot! It will be the lower of the kbb or Nada good condition trade value. If that's more than the buyout, you could give it to them and maybe walk away with some money out of it. And you wouldn't have to pay the stupid lease end fee turning it in. If Carmax shows that there is money in your truck, any decent dealer will match a Carmax offer, so that could be your down payment on the Jeep. Hell even see if the Chevy dealer you're giving it back to wants it for $500 more than Carmax, since they'll likely CPO it and make an extra grand out of it.
Sponsored