miajae

miajae

First Name
Mia
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU Rubicon, 2018 Jeep Grand Cherokee, 2017 Silverado Midnight
This guy may have made you too good of a deal and wont be making anything on it and that's probably why he won't call you back. I wen't out of state to get a deal that my local dealerships would't even come close to. Did the same thing with my old JKU, same state just a hour and a half away. Local dealer "loves" when I bring it in for warranty work. They try to give me a hard time every time I go in about not buying the Jeep there. And every time I tell them their sales people are jerks and think they're dealing BMW's with the numbers they keep coming back with. I also like to remind them that it's my 3rd Jeep, none of which I purchased from you.
The last guy I went to see said he would give up his entire commission on it as well. Just odd since I'm a repeat customer and the connections I have with his dealership. I just got a phone call back from another dealership and they said the best they could do was $1500 down and $599 a month. Nowhere near what the other guy was giving me. But you're right it could be a too good to be true deal.
Sponsored

OP
OP
miajae

miajae

First Name
Mia
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
That salesman should be fired for pulling that stunt. Any dealer can do employee pricing without putting in their own code. The dealer I bought mine from said they were doing that to give me employee pricing too. The deal was better than employee pricing in the end, but the sales manager said he was giving me his code about a dozen times. I had the 1% off invoice code though my Job rather than thread lightly, and had the print out with me. You can't combine those, so when it came to financing time, of course they wanted my code. I told them they couldn't have it because we were using the sales managers code. Then they had to be honest with me and say they weren't really using his code at all and that they were really using mine. Any of the dealers around me will do employee pricing without any codes. Things could be different in MI though.

Before you turn your lease in, take it to Carmax first. Carmax gets a bad rap, but if you show up with a car they actually want to sell on their lot, you will get a good price for it. They would definitely want your truck on their lot! It will be the lower of the kbb or Nada good condition trade value. If that's more than the buyout, you could give it to them and maybe walk away with some money out of it. And you wouldn't have to pay the stupid lease end fee turning it in. If Carmax shows that there is money in your truck, any decent dealer will match a Carmax offer, so that could be your down payment on the Jeep. Hell even see if the Chevy dealer you're giving it back to wants it for $500 more than Carmax, since they'll likely CPO it and make an extra grand out of it.
I think in Michigan it is different. Ever since things changed here and they started cracking down on Chrysler employees giving out numbers the dealerships won't even SPEAK of EP pricing if you aren't a Chrysler employee.

OP
OP
miajae

miajae

First Name
Mia
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Just order what you want. With all this pussyfooting around, you could have had your special order by now :headbang:...
Easy to say if you like to throw your money in the garbage.

OP
OP
miajae

miajae

First Name
Mia
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Just order what you want. With all this pussyfooting around, you could have had your special order by now :headbang:...
You can still get the things you want without bending over for it.

Sponsored

RockyMtnHigh

First Name
Corey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Rubicon - Punk'n Orange
Easy to say if you like to throw your money in the garbage.
This is a Jeep forum. That's our official sport. And uh... looks like you're the one leasing a new car every year. A lot of people have tried to genuinely help you here but you keep complaining.

Wanted33

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Sting-Gray Sahara
Vehicle Showcase
I would go by the dealer. They may be other reasons that the salesman isn't answering your queries, vacation, sickness, etc. There are many things other than he's ignoring you that could come up.

garfieldtcat

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 Rubicon
Ok, I'm bored, so out of curiosity, I ran the numbers.

I'm going to use my Jeep as the example because it cost about the same as the one you were quoted $599/month for and I already know all the numbers for it.

The MSRP on mine was $58,890.
The invoice price was $55,195.
The 1% below invoice (standard thread lightly deal) was $54,643.
The employee pricing on it was 5% below invoice at $52,435.
I bought it for 5.5% below invoice at $52,159. That's ~11.5% below MSRP.

The residual on a 48/12 lease is 60% of MSRP right now supposedly.
The money factor is supposed to be 0.002 right now (4.8%)

Assuming your down payment covers your first month, dealer/doc fees, title/license fees, acquisition fees, cap cost reduction etc..
The first deal you were offered at $894 down, that is spectacularly cheap to cover all those fees.
The second deal at $1500 down, that is much more reasonable.

$515/month, assuming it was plus tax, would mean you were essentially buying the Jeep for $51,600 (over 6% below invoice, ~12% below MSRP). That's not unheard of.
If was including tax, you were buying it for $50,250 (9% below invoice, or 14.71% below MSRP)

Simply put, if the residual/MF are accurate, that first deal was too good to be true, even with employee pricing. He probably used the wrong residual and screwed himself.

With the second deal, $599/mth means you're paying ~$53,750 for the Jeep (<3% below invoice or <9% below MSPR).
That's not a stellar deal.

Realistically, you should be getting the in stock one for around $52k (if you have thread lightly) without having to go to an out of state dealer. That should be costing you ~$550/mth with the $1500 down.

Hope this helps.

AJZ

First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Look at Mcfadden’s? They have one..not sure if it has all the options your looking for.

Sponsored

Billydjenn

First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JKU
Vehicle Showcase
You mentioned paying him $250 to get you this deal????? That is SO unethical...IF you say you know the owner, would you be willing to let him know your bribing his sales manager and his sales manager is stealing from him??? Im hoping I misunderstood you as your bashing car dealers but dealing under the table....

OP
OP
miajae

miajae

First Name
Mia
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ok, I'm bored, so out of curiosity, I ran the numbers.

I'm going to use my Jeep as the example because it cost about the same as the one you were quoted $599/month for and I already know all the numbers for it.

The MSRP on mine was $58,890.
The invoice price was $55,195.
The 1% below invoice (standard thread lightly deal) was $54,643.
The employee pricing on it was 5% below invoice at $52,435.
I bought it for 5.5% below invoice at $52,159. That's ~11.5% below MSRP.

The residual on a 48/12 lease is 60% of MSRP right now supposedly.
The money factor is supposed to be 0.002 right now (4.8%)

Assuming your down payment covers your first month, dealer/doc fees, title/license fees, acquisition fees, cap cost reduction etc..
The first deal you were offered at $894 down, that is spectacularly cheap to cover all those fees.
The second deal at $1500 down, that is much more reasonable.

$515/month, assuming it was plus tax, would mean you were essentially buying the Jeep for $51,600 (over 6% below invoice, ~12% below MSRP). That's not unheard of.
If was including tax, you were buying it for $50,250 (9% below invoice, or 14.71% below MSRP)

Simply put, if the residual/MF are accurate, that first deal was too good to be true, even with employee pricing. He probably used the wrong residual and screwed himself.

With the second deal, $599/mth means you're paying ~$53,750 for the Jeep (<3% below invoice or <9% below MSPR).
That's not a stellar deal.

Realistically, you should be getting the in stock one for around $52k (if you have thread lightly) without having to go to an out of state dealer. That should be costing you ~$550/mth with the $1500 down.

Hope this helps.
Thank you SO much. I got one in the works right now with a different dealership. MSRP is $58,950 and I'm getting it for $1500 down and $550 a month. :) Can't wait to bring it home. Thanks again for taking the time to help me out.

OP
OP
miajae

miajae

First Name
Mia
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Just put on your big girl pants and go into the dealer and say WTF is going on? That, or you like "bending over". Good luck :like:

giphy (1).gif
Did something that made more sense, went to another dealership. Thanks for all the sarcasm! :)

OP
OP
miajae

miajae

First Name
Mia
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
You mentioned paying him $250 to get you this deal????? That is SO unethical...IF you say you know the owner, would you be willing to let him know your bribing his sales manager and his sales manager is stealing from him??? Im hoping I misunderstood you as your bashing car dealers but dealing under the table....
Sure would! He'd lose his job and I'd still get my deal. BUT I'm not looking to do that to him. I went to another dealership instead. Not sure how many people you know working at dealerships or sales in general but this happens often. Nobody cares about the rules.

GreyFox

First Name
Brandy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 JKU, 19 JL
Did something that made more sense, went to another dealership. Thanks for all the sarcasm! :)
And did you get what you wanted? If so, then all is good :like:
Sponsored