Sponsored

Kinetic rope?

Beachcomber72

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLU High Tide
I'm in the market for a kinetic rope. Pretty much decided I will go with the Bubba rope 7/8in for my JLR. Just trying to decide on length. 20ft or 30ft. I'm trying to keep my weight and volume to a minimum. Looking for comments from those that have used one more than a couple times. Is 20ft enough? Seems I could always combine it with the recovery strap if needing a longer reach. Is that smart?

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B007HYR8H...colid=31XGZYX9AVZ7D&ref_=lv_ov_lig_dp_it&th=1
Get the 30ft. You won’t regret it. The key in a lot of recovery situations is length.
A. It keeps the vehicles safer distance apart.
B. It gives you a hopeful greater length to harder pack grounds.

Just ALWAYS remember!!! Never hook any kinetic ropes to tow balls!!! Any straps for that matter…
Sponsored

OP
OP
dragoneggs

dragoneggs

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Snazzberry Pearl JLR
Build Thread
Link
Clubs

Get the 30ft. You won’t regret it. The key in a lot of recovery situations is length.
A. It keeps the vehicles safer distance apart.
B. It gives you a hopeful greater length to harder pack grounds.

Just ALWAYS remember!!! Never hook any kinetic ropes to tow balls!!! Any straps for that matter…
Done… already purchased. And NO… don’t hook on to a ball.

J0E

First Name
J0e
Threads
Reaction score
Website
bt39.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLR, 05 LJR on 43s
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Drywall construction - reel estate
I get that. If you do add standard strap in line with the kinetic rope, the static strength rating needs to be much higher. It’s all about sizing your gear to be appropriate and safe.
That's why I said 4" 43k tow strap with 7/8” kinetic
Sponsored