Just ordered my 392!

bumpskir

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rubicon and 2011 Liberty
I can not imagine how this could be less then 75k. The Hellcat version will be 95k.
Sponsored

rickinAZ

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rubicon EcoDiesel (11th Jeep)
Occupation
Retired CFO. Mayo Clinic volunteer.
They looked pretty thin to me (not 12.5") honestly I would sell the tire and rims together and buy a new set. I also will go down to 35"s. I barely fit in garages now with my 2" and 35"s so I feel 37 wouldn't make it.
I think that the 12.5" that you've referenced is the width of a standard 35" tire. My AEV wheel's are 8.5" wide. The OEM 7.5" wheels for the 392 seem a little narrow for 35s.

rickinAZ

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rubicon EcoDiesel (11th Jeep)
Occupation
Retired CFO. Mayo Clinic volunteer.
By the way, anyone reading this. DON"T PAY OVER STICKER! Stop letting these fucker get away with that shit. They do that because they know there's one guy out there who'll do it. It's us Vs them.
You do realize that by demanding pricing under invoice on our Jeep purchases (I got 5% under), we are violating the rule that you just asked us to follow - just 180 degrees opposite. Imagine if dealers adopted DON'T SELL FOR LESS THAN STICKER! as their mantra.

Just let the free market work, and let supply and demand seek the market price. This is capitalism at its best. It's what America is all about.

They charge what the market will bear, and we pay as little as we can. There is nothing nefarious in either parties' pricing strategies.

Last edited:
OP
OP

StingGrayRhino

First Name
Eliez
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler JL Sahara
You do realize that by demanding pricing under invoice on our Jeep purchases (I got 5% under), we are violating the rule that you just asked us to follow - just 180 degrees opposite. Imagine if dealers adopted DON"T SELL FOR LESS THAN STICKER! as their mantra.

Just let the free market work, and let supply and demand seek the market price. This is capitalism at its best. It's what America is all about.

They charge what the market will bear, and we pay as little as we can. There is nothing nefarious in either parties' pricing strategies.
Good fucking point.

Fuck it, GUYS PAY OVER ASKING! It's good for my resale lolol

Jteakus

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ecodiesel Unlimited Rubicon
The full time transfer case turns me off on the 392. I wanted a MOAB edition but didn't purchase one for the same reason.

Sponsored

LeodaJeep

First Name
Leo
Threads
Reaction score
SoCal below Idyllwild mountains S.W. side.
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Wrangler JL Rubican
Occupation
Self Sufficient
Yours has the same trans as my diesel, 8HP75. That's an extra 2G's on both yours and mine. Congrats

hoag4147

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLUR XR
Vehicle Showcase
The full time transfer case turns me off on the 392. I wanted a MOAB edition but didn't purchase one for the same reason.
Now just need @joe@zauto to control transfer case to allow 2H only ;)

TJJL19

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
TJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Unlimited Sport
I'm no fan of the full time transfer case and can't under stand the v6 options this year. FCA took the e torque off the 4 and put it on the 6 for this year, if you want an automatic, it's nut!

RubiSc0tt

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR in Punk'n Orange
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Turn Wrenches/ Write code
I think the big difference between the new corvette and the wrangler is

wrangler community has dreamed about a V8 since years and years ... its like a dream coming true... or a last ride of the champion before entering in the electricity age....

the corvette is a shame... a corvette has always been a front engine supercars. not a fucking Italian or British copycat... do you think Porsche care about that ... no the 911 is still the queen and she respect her own tradition. Chevrolet shouldn't make this ugly C8 ( my opinion) with the engine there... would be more valuable in the future to keep the same architecture
Actually, IIRC Corvette was supposed to be a mid engine sports car based on the Corvair from the start, but they kept it front engine to compete with the Mustang. Not sure if that is 100% accurate, but GM engineers have been trying to convert the Corvette to mid-engine for YEARS.
See:
https://www.motor1.com/features/360383/history-of-the-mid-engine-corvette/
https://www.usatoday.com/story/mone...Corvette was a,and engineering projects at GM.

(Those were just the first two articles that came up from a 10 second Google search, I read both to make sure they're accurate.)

Now just need @joe@zauto to control transfer case to allow 2H only ;)
I don't think it works like that, but I'm also not explicitly familiar with the SelecTrac transfer case.

I think that the 12.5" that you've referenced is the width of a standard 35" tire. My AEV wheel's are 8.5" wide. The OEM 7.5" wheels for the 392 seem a little narrow for 35s.
I would agree, if these are the same Mopar wheels that they've been selling. I wheeled with a guy over the summer. He was running an RK 2.5" Max Flex kit (I think) w/ Mopar Beadlocks and 37x12.5x17R Cooper STT Pros. He said he had some rubbing at full lock and was considering wheel spacers or something with better backspacing. I know the 392 Concept that had 37's looked like it had Beadlock wheels similar to the DirtyLIfe DT-1 in the press shots, judging from the stance of that I'd guess those wheels in the press shots were at least 8.5" with maybe 4" backspacing? That's just an eyeball estimate though.

starrs

First Name
Galen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Ranger
Occupation
Registered Nurse
Actually, IIRC Corvette was supposed to be a mid engine sports car based on the Corvair from the start, but they kept it front engine to compete with the Mustang. Not sure if that is 100% accurate, but GM engineers have been trying to convert the Corvette to mid-engine for YEARS.
See:
https://www.motor1.com/features/360383/history-of-the-mid-engine-corvette/
https://www.usatoday.com/story/mone...Corvette was a,and engineering projects at GM.

(Those were just the first two articles that came up from a 10 second Google search, I read both to make sure they're accurate.)

I don't think it works like that, but I'm also not explicitly familiar with the SelecTrac transfer case.

I would agree, if these are the same Mopar wheels that they've been selling. I wheeled with a guy over the summer. He was running an RK 2.5" Max Flex kit (I think) w/ Mopar Beadlocks and 37x12.5x17R Cooper STT Pros. He said he had some rubbing at full lock and was considering wheel spacers or something with better backspacing. I know the 392 Concept that had 37's looked like it had Beadlock wheels similar to the DirtyLIfe DT-1 in the press shots, judging from the stance of that I'd guess those wheels in the press shots were at least 8.5" with maybe 4" backspacing? That's just an eyeball estimate though.
The granite crystal 392 in the release video had 35/11.5/17 size tires. Won’t rub on those but 37s will.

Sponsored

hoag4147

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLUR XR
Vehicle Showcase
Was just kidding. Haha

RubiSc0tt

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR in Punk'n Orange
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Turn Wrenches/ Write code
The granite crystal 392 in the release video had 35/11.5/17 size tires. Won’t rub on those but 37s will.
Interesting. I was sure it was 37's. Did it still have the 2" lift? that thing had a real nice stance to it. It looked wider and more... stable, I guess? that's actually great to know- gives us a bit of a threshold for larger tires/ rubbing etc.

starrs

First Name
Galen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Ranger
Occupation
Registered Nurse
Interesting. I was sure it was 37's. Did it still have the 2" lift? that thing had a real nice stance to it. It looked wider and more... stable, I guess? that's actually great to know- gives us a bit of a threshold for larger tires/ rubbing etc.
Had just the factory 2” lift on it that it comes with.

Alleycat392

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2008 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Metal Mulisha Custom
By any chance does anyone that ordered have a VIN# assigned yet?

TCS1666

First Name
Ted
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 GMC Sierra Denali - 2021 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon 392 (ordered) - 2017 GMC Acadia Denali (sold)
By any chance does anyone that ordered have a VIN# assigned yet?
Not yet, but I ordered Saturday morning so...maybe tomorrow? Hell, it may not be until January for all we know...
Sponsored