Rangerheave

First Name
Derek
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sahara
Vehicle Showcase
I've just bought 315/70r17 BFG KO2's and Black Rhino Warlord 17x9 rims (-12 offset). I also ordered the RC 2.5" spacer lift.

If I were to put on that wheel/tire combo before installing the lift, would it rub in just normal, paved road driving? The tire dealer wants me to come and get the tires and allow him to swap out the TPMS on the stock rims but the lift hasn't arrived yet.

Also, this is my first Jeep. I've had it for 2 months now and 2 questions/concerns.

1. Holy crap this windshield collects a lot of bugs. Are bug deflectors effective?

2. I have a squeaking sound coming from the back of the vehicle while driving. I suspect it's the spare tire vibrating? Is there a cure for this?
Sponsored

Last edited:

Jeeper

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Acura MDX 2015, Ford F150, Honda Odyssey,
I've just bought 315/70r17 BFG KO2's and Black Rhino Warlord 17x9 rims (-12 offset). I also ordered the RC 2.5" spacer lift.

If I were to put on that wheel/tire combo before installing the lift, would it rub in just normal, paved road driving? The tire dealer wants me to come and get the tires and allow him to swap out the TPMS on the stock rims but the lift hasn't arrived yet.

Also, this is my first Jeep. I've had it for 2 months now and 2 questions/concerns.

1. Holy crap this windshield collects a lot of bugs. Are bug deflectors effective?

2. I have a squeaking sound coming from the back of the vehicle while driving. I suspect it's the spare tire vibrating? Is there a cure for this?
Would love to see these Warlord's mounted. And I am especially interested in your test run of the wheels and larger tires without the suspension lift. If it fits, I will copy you.

Blacktrail

First Name
Edmar
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 4runner Trail, 2018 JL Sahara
No, I am running the exact same set up with STT pro 315's and zero rub in street driving.

OP
OP
Rangerheave

Rangerheave

First Name
Derek
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sahara
Vehicle Showcase
No, I am running the exact same set up with STT pro 315's and zero rub in street driving.
Thank you for the response. I would like to see a photo.

Sponsored

OP
OP
Rangerheave

Rangerheave

First Name
Derek
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sahara
Vehicle Showcase
OP
OP
Rangerheave

Rangerheave

First Name
Derek
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sahara
Vehicle Showcase
Would love to see these Warlord's mounted. And I am especially interested in your test run of the wheels and larger tires without the suspension lift. If it fits, I will copy you.
Had the rims and tires put on today. For street driving there are no issues with BIG KO2 315/70r17 with Black Rhino Warlord rims with -12 offset. Looks good now but it's going to be so much better when the lift is on.

As you can see from the photos, the spare tire is not against the rubber bumper and is resting on the rear bumper. I'm going to order the Smittybilt relocation bracket/plate.

No issues with the back up camera. I plan on raising the 3rd brake light to better clear the top of the spare.

received_2257456120949415.jpeg

received_326899438079378.jpeg

received_2185394261743441.jpeg

received_243121699710963.jpeg

received_1830352730346433.jpeg

Jeeper

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Had the rims and tires put on today. For street driving there are no issues with BIG KO2 315/70r17 with Black Rhino Warlord rims with -12 offset. Looks good now but it's going to be so much better when the lift is on.

As you can see from the photos, the spare tire is not against the rubber bumper and is resting on the rear bumper. I'm going to order the Smittybilt relocation bracket/plate.

No issues with the back up camera. I plan on raising the 3rd brake light to better clear the top of the spare.

received_2257456120949415.jpeg

received_326899438079378.jpeg

received_2185394261743441.jpeg

received_243121699710963.jpeg

received_1830352730346433.jpeg
Thank you so much for the post. This is very enlightening. I have so many follow up questions...

How does the ride feel?
Do you have any problems turning the steering wheel from end to end?
How many inches are you sticking out of your fenders?
Do you think this tire could work with the narrower 17x8 version of the Warlord with the +30mm offset.
Is the view from the back up camera obscured at all?

OP
OP
Rangerheave

Rangerheave

First Name
Derek
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sahara
Vehicle Showcase
Thank you so much for the post. This is very enlightening. I have so many follow up questions...

How does the ride feel?
Do you have any problems turning the steering wheel from end to end?
How many inches are you sticking out of your fenders?
Do you think this tire could work with the narrower 17x8 version of the Warlord with the +30mm offset.
Is the view from the back up camera obscured at all?
1. Drove it to work this morning (30 miles) and around town yesterday. I personally dont notice a difference. If there is, its negligible. I believe a big part of it is the "C" vs "E" rated tire. Softer sidewall
2. I drove all over a parking lot turning from all the way left and back the other way a various speeds. No rubbing.
3. I didnt measure but from the photos I would say 1.5"?
4. I am a complete rookie with the tire and wheel measurements and fitting issue. I made my decision based largely on the readings I did on this forum. I liked to look of others with a similar set-up and went with it.
5. no issues with the back-up mirror being disrupted or blocked.

Thanks for asking.

Im really looking forward to getting the lift on. Those wheel wells are looking stuffed.

Jeeper

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1. Drove it to work this morning (30 miles) and around town yesterday. I personally dont notice a difference. If there is, its negligible. I believe a big part of it is the "C" vs "E" rated tire. Softer sidewall
2. I drove all over a parking lot turning from all the way left and back the other way a various speeds. No rubbing.
3. I didnt measure but from the photos I would say 1.5"?
4. I am a complete rookie with the tire and wheel measurements and fitting issue. I made my decision based largely on the readings I did on this forum. I liked to look of others with a similar set-up and went with it.
5. no issues with the back-up mirror being disrupted or blocked.

Thanks for asking.

Im really looking forward to getting the lift on. Those wheel wells are looking stuffed.
Alright, so to double down on the question you were unable to answer, let me see if I can ask it a different way. Do you think that if your wheels were tucked in about an 1.5” more than they are now, you would rub against the inner suspension with your tire set up?
Sponsored