37’s on a JLUS

luiscampoy26

First Name
Luis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sport S
Just purchased a JLU sport S and I would like to get the skyjacker 3.5-4” lift kit with their black max shocks. I also wanted some 37s cooper STT pros to go with it. I’m still undecided whether or not to get that size since I have a manual.

Even though I’m gonna offroad it, the jeep it’s still going to be my daily driver. I would like some opinions on how you guys think it will drive with the 6-speed. Thanks!
Sponsored

intentsrig

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU Sporticon
I have a sport and I have 35” stt pros with the 6 speed. Your going to need wheels or wheel spacers. Mine rubbed on my rear sway bar without spacers.

You’ll lose 6th everywhere and 5th gear going up hill. 5th will still be useable on flat low elevation highways. Barely. 37’s will be worse.

Power is down for sure but it is not terrible.. Much Better than my jk with the 3.8, 4.10’s and 35’s.

As far as off road goes, you’ll want to re gear. I did some rock crawling last weekend and stalled twice. Both times on a very steep hill with a ledge I was climbing at the same time. So not too bad but I came from a Rubicon..used to having that 4-1. So 37’s will again be worse.

I’m re gearing to 4.88’s as soon as arb comes out with their locker for the new Dana 44. It’ll help with 4lo significantly. And of course on the road as well.

OP
OP

luiscampoy26

First Name
Luis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I have a sport and I have 35” stt pros with the 6 speed. Your going to need wheels or wheel spacers. Mine rubbed on my rear sway bar without spacers.

You’ll lose 6th everywhere and 5th gear going up hill. 5th will still be useable on flat low elevation highways. Barely. 37’s will be worse.

Power is down for sure but it is not terrible.. Much Better than my jk with the 3.8, 4.10’s and 35’s.

As far as off road goes, you’ll want to re gear. I did some rock crawling last weekend and stalled twice. Both times on a very steep hill with a ledge I was climbing at the same time. So not too bad but I came from a Rubicon..used to having that 4-1. So 37’s will again be worse.

I’m re gearing to 4.88’s as soon as arb comes out with their locker for the new Dana 44. It’ll help with 4lo significantly. And of course on the road as well.
That’s what I figured, I just really love how the JL looks with 37’s. Don’t you think 4.88 is going to be a little tall for 35’s?

intentsrig

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU Sporticon
That’s what I figured, I just really love how the JL looks with 37’s. Don’t you think 4.88 is going to be a little tall for 35’s?
It’ll be deep but from my calculator I’ll be at 2405 @ 70mph. I’ll take the performance off road vs lower rpm at 80mph. I never go 80.

intentsrig

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU Sporticon

Here’s an idea of the manual off road. Didn’t stall on this obstacle. The one I did was waaaay steep with a ledge about half this size.

Tire lifted a bit off the ground in front with sway bars off. Mopar lift. Gives you an idea of the amount of flex that was going on. Still had great traction.

Sponsored

OP
OP

luiscampoy26

First Name
Luis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)

Here’s an idea of the manual off road. Didn’t stall on this obstacle. The one I did was waaaay steep with a ledge about half this size.

Tire lifted a bit off the ground in front with sway bars off. Mopar lift. Gives you an idea of the amount of flex that was going on. Still had great traction.
Your set up looks really good, what spacer did you go with?

Btw, I’m more of a mud kind of guy (part of the main reason why I wanted to go 37’s).

I was thinking on Skyjacker’s 2.5” kit. I can get it cheaper than retail.

intentsrig

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU Sporticon
Your set up looks really good, what spacer did you go with?

Btw, I’m more of a mud kind of guy (part of the main reason why I wanted to go 37’s).

I was thinking on Skyjacker’s 2.5” kit. I can get it cheaper than retail.
https://m.ebay.com/itm/2018-Jeep-Wr...4-pieces-1-5-/192444734806?_mwBanner=1&_rdt=1
Another forum member with a Rubicon runs these and gave me the link. Hub centric and have been great.

You could probably get away with 37’sin the mud. Even with the dirty 30 in front. And the skyjacker

OP
OP

luiscampoy26

First Name
Luis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)

boogie

First Name
kelly
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
jeep jl
Man I order those tires and they came in yesterday Damn they are fricking big!! I was surprised at how big they were when I rolled them off the Fedex truck! If I had to do it again I my do 35's I think that would be big enough for me.
Sponsored