JLU Ordering on West Coast

MidlifeCrisis

First Name
Tyler
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2008 Toyota 4runner
I like to spend money in my neighborhood so I first called around Seattle. My closest dealer, instead of helping me order now, advised that I wait until summer instead! They said that both times I called, not impressive. Another said only msrp is acceptable. So I went thru Tacoma Dodge, like Yakpimp. I got my VON today and saved several thousand dollars too! All my accessories incl winch will be considered free for me now. Anyway I will be rolling soon in my 4 door Rubi instead.:jk:
So what kind of deal were you and Yakpimp able to put together? Were you trying to get them to match the 5% below invoice, or did you do something a little more towards MSRP for the convenience factor? I'd be fine paying an extra $300-$400 if I was able to keep my drive to within an hour or two. Any more than that and then I'd lean towards the dealers in Spokane / Idaho if they will indeed match 5% under.
Sponsored

XJ-99

First Name
Patrick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1999 Jeep Cherokee XJ (sold), 2010 Toyota RAV4v6 Limited (sold), 2019 Jeep Wrangler JLU Sport S, Mojito!
Seattles new problem is that so many people have the dough so why discount? That makes sense if it works on the sales lot. I would drive too for the difference, fortunately Tacoma is only 60 min away though!
^^^
Depending on the traffic.

BSw

First Name
Bert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR - 2015 Ford Mustang - 2018 Volvo S90
BSW, drive up here and make a scenic tour out of it!
I'm leaning towards the dillons deal, they quoted me 7.5% under invoice, ans is about 7h drive

Yakpimp

First Name
K
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
I was able to get about 4.1% below invoice at Tacoma Dodge. Hopefully same as VinnyV2.

Kathy the internet sales woman was super busy but pretty easy to work with.

Sponsored

BSw

First Name
Bert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
What's your build? Are you going to finance with them too?
JLUR, MSRP was $50800 and he quoted $44188, with a financing discount
Today rates at Chrysler capital are 3.26%, that's only slightly higher that any local Credit union at 2.99%, and can always refinance after a couple months

CantThinkOfAHandle

First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1996 RAV4, 2015 BMW Diesel Sports Wagon
I was able to get about 4.1% below invoice at Tacoma Dodge. Hopefully same as VinnyV2.

Kathy the internet sales woman was super busy but pretty easy to work with.
For someone in the Seattle area, that's very close to Dillon, assuming you don't finance through Dillon, once you factor in the difference in documentation fees and travel costs, never mind travel time.

Last edited:

MidlifeCrisis

First Name
Tyler
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2008 Toyota 4runner
JLUR, MSRP was $50800 and he quoted $44188, with a financing discount
Today rates at Chrysler capital are 3.26%, that's only slightly higher that any local Credit union at 2.99%, and can always refinance after a couple months
Thanks, looks like a great deal. Enjoy!

Yakpimp

First Name
K
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
For someone in the Seattle area, that's very close to Dillon, assuming you don't finance through Dillon, once you factor in the difference in documentation fees and travel costs, never mind travel time.
Yeah I was hoping not to drive 500 miles to get a decent deal. 1 hour away was totally worth it to me and there were no strange fees or requirements to finance through them. Really a no brainer.

Sponsored

CantThinkOfAHandle

First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1996 RAV4, 2015 BMW Diesel Sports Wagon
Yeah I was hoping not to drive 500 miles to get a decent deal. 1 hour away was totally worth it to me and there were no strange fees or requirements to finance through them. Really a no brainer.
And that is why I thank you, sir, for posting!

I will contact them. Tacoma is beautiful this time of year.

wahlsaint

First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR 6MT; Macan Turbo; Li'l Cooper; Subee, CR-V
I’ve had some luck and order my Rubicon today.

• Rairdon in Kirkland wouldn’t budge from MSRP.
  • Larson in Tacoma was willing to do 3% under invoice with a $150 doc fee after I got them to match the price from Tacoma Dodge.
  • Tacoma Dodge beat the match from Larson at 3% under invoice minus an additional $500 which made it about 4% below invoice with a $159 doc fee.
I ordered from Tacoma Dodge this morning. We agreed on the price over email and I just walked in signed the papers and walked out. Not haggling, arguing, or back and forth.

I'm closer to Bellevue/Redmond so it was about an hour drive, but to save that money it was worth it.

I was dealing with Kathy (internet sales) and I mentioned that there were some other folks looking for a deal. When we were at 3% she said she'd be happy to do the same deal with others. I'm guessing you can get the extra 1% from her as well.

http://www.tacomadodge.com/staff/kathy-mccullough/

Overall I was super happy with the way she did things, no drama. We even stood and laughed at their "wall of shame" highlighting the random dealer markups on stickers from other dealerships.

Overall a great experience, and now I just play the waiting game.

Dang, checked around with many Seattle dealers and don't think I ever heard back from Tacoma. Wrote up an order on 1/5 with Larson in Puyallup. 2% under invoice + $150 doc. No trade, no financing contingency. $500 dep.

Yakpimp

First Name
K
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Dang, checked around with many Seattle dealers and don't think I ever heard back from Tacoma. Wrote up an order on 1/5 with Larson in Puyallup. 2% under invoice + $150 doc. No trade, no financing contingency. $500 dep.
As far as I can tell the deposit is refundable. Could save yourself $1000 bucks by switching. Not sure if it’s worth it to you.

BSw

First Name
Bert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I plan on speaking to the sales manager today and start the negotiating, at this point I ordered on 11/6 and it is still showing in D1 status, so he knows I am not happy (even though the building process is not his fault) and I actually would walk and order somewhere else with the addition of Selec Trac (which was not available when I ordered). He is a good guy and we have a prominent mutual friend, I would be disappointed if he didn't budge at all.
@LMontes Did you got any news back from your dealer on price?

LMontes

First Name
Lori
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sahara, 1994 XJ
Occupation
Business Owner
@LMontes Did you got any news back from your dealer on price?
No, have not spoken to him, the internet sales guy keeps answering me instead of passing my message to the sales manager...pretty annoying. Whenever I call I get put on hold for 20 mins and then give up.
Sponsored