Questions on custom-ordering JLU Rubicon

caf

First Name
Carlos
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU Rubicon EcoDiesel
Hello, first post here! Been very interested in getting back into a Wrangler (long story short, miss the fun off-road). This time looking to get it right from the start and going the Rubicon route right away. Looking for delivery around fall timeframe, and doing a quick scout of local/regional inventory don't see one with the exact options I want, so would be great to get some pointers form this group on a few items since this would be the first time I'm going the custom order route vs. buying something off the lot for a Jeep.

1. Targeting a delivery of around November-December for a JLU Rubicon EcoDiesel, how soon should I get the order in?

2. What kind of deposit and/or order process should I expect to see? I understand finance is not done until the vehicle is at the dealer so curious on what is the ordering experience like and what should I expect to see in terms of deposit.

3. Any dealers and/or associates in the SoCal area that would be better to do this with? My experience has been more or less hit or miss when I bought my prior Jeep (a 2011 Sahara, bought new at the time), mostly depending on the person I'm doing the transaction with.

Thank you in advance! looking forward to re-joining the Wrangler family.
Sponsored

Compression-Ignition

First Name
Roy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR 3.0 Diesel, 2020 6.7L F350
Get your order in now. Because, why screw around?

$500-1000 refundable deposit seems to be the norm. We were asked to give a $1000 non-refundable.

I seem to recall Jaun Capistrano or something like that, but I also am remembering that dealer may have changed hands. There is a huge thread with dealer recommendations in it. Also check out your local/regional section and ask around in there.

There is also a decent dealer in Idaho that people have been using. Peterson in Nampa Idaho. No haggle like 5 or maybe 7% below invoice but you need to use their financing for 3-6 months. Fuzzy recall here, sorry.

nerubi

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLR, 2020 VW Tiguan
Occupation
Retired
Vehicle Showcase
There is no way to pre-determine a delivery date. 2021 production should start in about three weeks. If you put your order in now many are being told a delivery date end of August to end of September. But once production gets going full speed you may get a build done 2 or three weeks with delivery to CA about two to three weeks later or your order may sit for months before it is built.

Financing options and approximations should be done before/at ordering so you get a ballpark. But the final lockdown/decision is when it is delivered. Jeep may have a financing offer when it is delivered, the dealer may, your credit union/bank may but it depends when it is delivered what rates/terms apply. Don't know the market for SoCal so can't answer what to expect for terms or dealers.

Suggest you read this for general expectations:
https://www.jlwranglerforums.com/fo...er-build-tracking-and-delivery-process.54344/
Sponsored