JLU Ordering on West Coast

nel1551

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sahara, 2017 Subaru Forester
I was hoping to get some input from people on the west coast or close to and the deals they are finding on ordering the JL/JLU wrangler.

I reached out to Dishman Dodge in Spokane,WA and Dave Smith in Kellogg, ID. I haven't heard back from Dave Smith but I received an email today where Dishman Dodge will match what Koons on the east coast is pricing. 5% under invoice which includes destination, and $250 for an AR code or tread lightly discount. The salesman's name is Sean Gallagher. This could be a great opportunity for anyone on this side of the country. This only applies to new orders.
Sponsored

CantThinkOfAHandle

First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1996 RAV4, 2015 BMW Diesel Sports Wagon
I was hoping to get some input from people on the west coast or close to and the deals they are finding on ordering the JL/JLU wrangler.

I reached out to Dishman Dodge in Spokane,WA and Dave Smith in Kellogg, ID. I haven't heard back from Dave Smith but I received an email today where Dishman Dodge will match what Koons on the east coast is pricing. 5% under invoice which includes destination, and $250 for an AR code or tread lightly discount. The salesman's name is Sean Gallagher. This could be a great opportunity for anyone on this side of the country. This only applies to new orders.
Since you're in Idaho, have you checked out Dennis Dillon in Caldwell? What did they offer you?

OP
OP

nel1551

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sahara, 2017 Subaru Forester
Since you're in Idaho, have you checked out Dennis Dillon in Caldwell? What did they offer you?
I have not spoke to them. Dave Smith just called and said they would be competitive. They said they should have pricing in their system today as well.

CantThinkOfAHandle

First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I have not spoke to them. Dave Smith just called and said they would be competitive. They said they should have pricing in their system today as well.
Dillon, from what I gather, advertises at 12-13% below MRSP, which works out as significantly better than 5% below invoice. Their documentation fee is $299. I'm not yet ready to contact a dealer, but if you can confirm these figures from Dillon, I would appreciate if you would post the details.

simpleJL

First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 JLUR
I will jump in on this without a doubt. Keep us posted with updates!

Will it be a group buy like Koons? Or can we contact him individually and order?

I am down in California. I am assuming this deal would work for us too?

Sponsored

MidlifeCrisis

First Name
Tyler
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2008 Toyota 4runner
Yes, please keep us up to date. I'm in Washington, but WAY out near the coast. Have been watching the Dennis Dillon site, but no news on JL's yet. I'd be so happy if I could get 5% under invoice in Spokane. Grab a puddle jumper flight over and drive back in my Punkn' Rubicon in all its glory. Woot Woot.

CantThinkOfAHandle

First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
After someone posted a warning about Dillon, I did some more research, and found a number of buyers who said that the advertised prices were contingent on using their financing. So I just contacted them by email to learn more. The remaining complaints I found were par for the course. If I'm able to get a firm, written quote with details, I'll post it.

Last edited:

CantThinkOfAHandle

First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Here is some more information about Dennis Dillon (no way to confirm if it's completely accurate): their sales rep said to expect $4-6k under MSRP for a JL. That's consistent with the 12-13% under MSRP that their website shows for existing inventory. If you are not financing through Chrysler, add another $1,000 to your cost. That last hitch is the only complaint I've been able to find against this dealership online. But, in fact, their site clearly states that financing charges are extra, it just doesn't say they are expected. I believe that puts them in line with the 5%-under-Invoice crowd, if you don't finance through them, but not much below.

Last edited:

Jeepvkk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru Impreza, Audi Q5
Another Seattle area person here that would be interested in learning what you end up doing so please do keep us posted.

apettit7

First Name
Alan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Element
Occupation
IT
I will be buying a JLU in about six months so I obviously don't have any input yet but I'm very interested in how purchases go for others in the PNW. I'm in eastern Washington I was already considering Dave Smith and Dishman dealerships, I will also add Dennis Dillon to my list - keep us posted.

Sponsored

CantThinkOfAHandle

First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Yesterday, Dillon quoted me at 13.25% below MSRP if I finance with them. Otherwise, there is a $1,000 additional charge. That still puts them a little lower than the 5%-under-invoice pricing model, but then you run into differences in documentation fees by state (WA is capped at $150, I believe, while Dillon charges $299), travel and, perhaps, the risk of buying out of state if something goes wrong. Financing through them runs 4-6%.

BoisetheCat

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
CR-V
Yesterday, Dillon quoted me at 13.25% below MSRP if I finance with them. Otherwise, there is a $1,000 additional charge. That still puts them a little lower than the 5%-under-invoice pricing model, but then you run into differences in documentation fees by state (WA is capped at $150, I believe, while Dillon charges $299), travel and, perhaps, the risk of buying out of state if something goes wrong. Financing through them runs 4-6%.
This sounds accurate and as I remember it. They want to give you the deal and get on to the next one. Perhaps cash would be the best bet and keep that 1k...I wonder if they'd be okay with that?

CantThinkOfAHandle

First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
This sounds accurate and as I remember it. They want to give you the deal and get on to the next one. Perhaps cash would be the best bet and keep that 1k...I wonder if they'd be okay with that?
I believe they want to make money off you through financing, and will charge an additional $1,000 if you don't finance through them, however else you might pay for it. Find out and let us know. Their rates seem awfully high.

BoisetheCat

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
CR-V
fwiw dillon site says just sold a JKU '18 Recon MSRP 50,350 to a man in Boise for 43,5xx. That's about 8% under an invoice of 47400. If you didn't finance with them it's about 5% under invoice.

BoisetheCat

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
CR-V
I believe they want to make money off you through financing, and will charge an additional $1,000 if you don't finance through them, however else you might pay for it. Find out and let us know. Their rates seem awfully high.
Well there is always something isn't there.lol. I'm sure you're right. Even with the extra 1k though the $$ still are about 5% under invoice.
Sponsored