Sponsored

JLU Ordering on West Coast

kap10cook

First Name
Kathy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GMC Yukon Denali, several motorcycles, 2018 Wrangler JL Red 2-DR Rubicon (on order)
Today I'm going to check out the lake elsinore jeep dealer (socal) see if I can get 3% under invoice on a loaded Rubicon. I feel like socal dealers are not going to budge but we'll see...
I spoke to several dealerships in the San Diego area yesterday and most of them were asking for something above invoice pricing. I do have the Tread Lightly membership, which is good for 1% below invoice. I got a firm quote from the Jack Powell Dealership for 1% below invoice.
Sponsored

Phenomenon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Miata
***these are not their advertised prices. These are what I got while playing the haggle game***

Here is a rundown of the various dealerships in Northern California that I dealt with online and their prices.

Keep in mind, I literally emailed every dealer within an 80 mile radius of my house. Probably around 40. Some haven't even replied yet. And some probably didn't waste their time with me.

I am keeping the dealer I went with off of this list though. Considering it is only an order, I don't want them getting hit with a ton of people after the deal I got and get mad at me. I'll speak with my guy and see what he would be ok with me posting up with.

The ones below that say "Negative on 5%" just flat out said no, and didn't offer an alternative. I didn't try to haggle with those guys. And the one's that have "Price match" are ones that claimed they'd match ANY California price you can come up with.

All percentages in the list are "below invoice".

Daly City - 6% (Initially agreed to 5%, then I haggled them to 6%)
Tracy (Price match) - 6% (They wouldn't be haggled to that price, they would only agree to price match my best price on paper)
Gilroy (Price match) - 5% (Apparently the leader in Northern California on volume - They offered a good price right off the bat)
Yuba - 5%
Manteca - 2%
San Jose - 3%
Concord - 2.50% (They offered me 5% initially, then backed out of it)
Antioch - Negative on 5%
Healdsburg - Negative on 5%
Lakeport - Negative on 5%
Sacramento - Negative on 5%
Turlock - Negative on 5%
Walnut Creek - Negative on 5%

San Leandro - 4% OVER MSRP (LOL)

Keep in mind - your likelihood of contacting any of the 5-6% guys above and simply asking for it, probably won't work. You'll need to use some fancy haggling skills and get one of them at a reasonable price before being able to push the others. I recommend hitting up Gilroy for starters, as they seem to push the most volume and were the quickest to throw a reasonable price at me.
As someone living in San Jose, this is incredibly useful. Thank you for taking the time so others will know where to shop!

BSw

First Name
Bert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR - 2015 Ford Mustang - 2018 Volvo S90
Placerville CDJR emailed me telling they will only sell at Sticker price until they see how the actual demand is.
When I asked about tread lightly she was unaware and said they don't have to honer discounts on new vehicles.

lithe1

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR Firecracker Red
Yeah. These Bay Area dealerships have been nothing but disappointing—or maybe my haggling skills are horrible.

In any event, ended up ordering from Dillon in Idaho with 5% below invoice, so I guess I’m doing a road trip!

BSw

First Name
Bert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I'm looking at Dillon as well, would be a great 400 mile drive home :)
Also their price might convince some local dealers they are loosing out and are willing to deal

Sponsored

lithe1

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR Firecracker Red
I forwarded the written quote/build sheet and email from Dillon to a few Bay Area dealerships and they said they can’t beat it and that they would take the deal if they were me.

Wouldn’t even do invoice for the ones I talked with.

I think they may be catching on to the demand now that the Wranglers are starting to pop up at dealerships and getting more publicity.

BSw

First Name
Bert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
The dealer in Yuba city, is matching 5% discount, he's next on my contact list once I hear back from Dillon
Think to much rich people live in the Bay :) central valley might have a different view on pricing and customer relations

lithe1

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR Firecracker Red
You must’ve gotten ahold of the right guy, then. My guy at Yuba wouldn’t do under invoice if it was an order.

Sounds like you got a good one.

BSw

First Name
Bert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Haven't contacted them yet, but @simpleJS mentioned they agreed on -5%

simpleJL

First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 JLUR
Placerville CDJR emailed me telling they will only sell at Sticker price until they see how the actual demand is.
When I asked about tread lightly she was unaware and said they don't have to honer discounts on new vehicles.
Shop elsewhere. They obviously don't want your sale.

Sponsored

simpleJL

First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 JLUR
As someone living in San Jose, this is incredibly useful. Thank you for taking the time so others will know where to shop!
You are very welcome. I already got my deal clinched.

I went OCD on my research and haggling. lol

simpleJL

First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 JLUR
I forwarded the written quote/build sheet and email from Dillon to a few Bay Area dealerships and they said they can’t beat it and that they would take the deal if they were me.

Wouldn’t even do invoice for the ones I talked with.

I think they may be catching on to the demand now that the Wranglers are starting to pop up at dealerships and getting more publicity.
I found around 5 bay area dealers that were willing to match the 5% Idaho deal.

Maybe I beat everyone to the punch, or you guys just aren't haggling well. lol.

Email is key.

Jeepvkk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru Impreza, Audi Q5
A break-in road trip does sound cool. Especially through eastern WA.

Dealership closed early lastnight so I should have confirmation later today if they can do it or not.
Did you find a local dealership willing to deal? I heard back from West Hills and they are not able to match 5% - don't know their break off point, but I'm guessing they'll do the TR 1%. I can get 7% at Dillon without any haggling, so that's a better bet at this point.
Sponsored