J
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR MANUAL Mojito!
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Cold weather time! Hard tops go back on! Saw a few others paint the inside of the hard top, so did that as well. We decided to do it with Plasti-Dip and not truck bed or other paint. We like the idea of being able to remove if wanted, even though it would be a pain in the @$$. Since it was cold, i painted it in my basement. If you do this, be warned that it's not preferred - LOL. We all had headaches, even though i tried to ventilate as much as possible. I will consider it worth it, but it sucked for that day/night.

Panels before:

IMG_2766.JPG

Remove the weather-strip and hardware and taped. I used an exacto-knife to cut the circles. This pattern can be visible when you're done, so think about if/how you want to do this:
IMG_0797.JPG

IMG_8290.JPG

On the hard top, i removed the glass-struts, hardware and taped. For the struts, use a flat-head to pry the c-clamp out, compress and pull off:
IMG_1146.JPG

IMG_0643.JPG
IMG_2703.JPG

I used 4-6 cans of Plasti-Dip per coat. I did 2 LIBERAL coats, so each coat costed $25-$40, depending on how much you use.

Mid-coat:
IMG_9756.JPG

Done - side by side:
IMG_9430.JPG

IMG_5207.JPG

Love how it turned out. When you re-install, there MAY be some plastic "creaking", but my wife's didnt have it.

We also re-mounted the top with T-handles - https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07BFH6119/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o09_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

We like these - nice and big and have optional tie-down hardware. The end result looks great and can touch-up very easy:
IMG_0080.JPG
IMG_1692.JPG
IMG_4836.JPG
Sponsored

4xnaz

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Rubicon
Vehicle Showcase
Cold weather time! Hard tops go back on! Saw a few others paint the inside of the hard top, so did that as well. We decided to do it with Plasti-Dip and not truck bed or other paint. We like the idea of being able to remove if wanted, even though it would be a pain in the @$$. Since it was cold, i painted it in my basement. If you do this, be warned that it's not preferred - LOL. We all had headaches, even though i tried to ventilate as much as possible. I will consider it worth it, but it sucked for that day/night.

Panels before:

IMG_2766.JPG

Remove the weather-strip and hardware and taped. I used an exacto-knife to cut the circles. This pattern can be visible when you're done, so think about if/how you want to do this:
IMG_0797.JPG

IMG_8290.JPG

On the hard top, i removed the glass-struts, hardware and taped. For the struts, use a flat-head to pry the c-clamp out, compress and pull off:
IMG_1146.JPG

IMG_0643.JPG
IMG_2703.JPG

I used 4-6 cans of Plasti-Dip per coat. I did 2 LIBERAL coats, so each coat costed $25-$40, depending on how much you use.

Mid-coat:
IMG_9756.JPG

Done - side by side:
IMG_9430.JPG

IMG_5207.JPG

Love how it turned out. When you re-install, there MAY be some plastic "creaking", but my wife's didnt have it.

We also re-mounted the top with T-handles - https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07BFH6119/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o09_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

We like these - nice and big and have optional tie-down hardware. The end result looks great and can touch-up very easy:
IMG_0080.JPG
IMG_1692.JPG
IMG_4836.JPG
Great Idea!!!!

WhatExit?

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT Rubicon Launch Edition | 2021 F350 6.7L
Besides the odor during the application, what about odors after when you put the roof back on the JEEP? I'll bet that chemical smell lasts for quite some time

OP
OP
jlewissystem

jlewissystem

First Name
J
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR MANUAL Mojito!
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
It wasn’t th
Besides the odor during the application, what about odors after when you put the roof back on the JEEP? I'll bet that chemical smell lasts for quite some time
You know, it wasn’t that bad. When I’m we had warmer days I could smell it a bit, but maybe after a week I didn’t smell it anymore. Wasn’t too bad. Worth the black, in my opinion.

me109stock

First Name
Martin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Rubicon 6-Speed Manual; 2008 Ford F450; 2003 Porsche Boxster S
Vehicle Showcase
Sounds like the race is on! Got my order placed yesterday also. Well, sent to FCA as of yesterday that I know of.

Only difference is, I'm deployed and can't get mine any sooner regardless lol
Thank you for your service! Hope by now you are safely home and enjoying your Jeep!

Sponsored

me109stock

First Name
Martin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
OKAY folks!! Exactly 4 weeks from placing my order, my MOJITO came in!

First, i had to say goodbye to my 2006 5.7 WK. It was the best vehicle i have owned. Had it for 10 years, after 1 lease. Got it at 30K and left it at 175K. I will miss you old friend! 1 last hug :) :(
IMG_4760.JPG

It's OK though, my new love!.....and so is born the "Radioactive" build :rock::rock:
IMG_5394.JPG

Side by side:
IMG_4549.JPG

1st night home, the garage is looking great! Our house is now worth 100K more :clap:
IMG_4550.JPG

Similar to the wife's Archangel, i did all the same mods on mine. We did get a few different things: i got a manual and different seat covers. I do love these seat covers (code CBS), but they came at an unknown cost.
If anyone is interested in getting these seat covers, please note the following removal of features:
  • You will lose the leather dash and have plastic
  • You will lose the leather inside doors and have plastic
  • You will lose the rear center console/drink holder
Thanks FCA for not making that clear on the site - fawkers! Oh well...you give, you take.., but the seats look GREAT!

IMG_2739.JPG

IMG_4556.JPG

I will say - that after driving (breaking it in) for the last day or so, the manual is AWESOME! My old manual was a TJ.....def NOT the same, of course, but fun to get used to the new. That's the good feedback.....the BAD feedback: the Auto StopStart (ASS)....properly termed :CWL: I feel a Tazer around the corner.
In my JLU Manual the Auto Start/Stop only activates when I'm at a full stop, in neutral, and the clutch released. Having for the most part never had automatics, I tend to keep the clutch pressed in at stops so the Auto Start/Stop is not activated very often.

me109stock

First Name
Martin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
@ROAM having issues installing your rivnuts for our frame rails. I emailed you. Wanted to get your attention. Not really pleased with the rivnut instructions or section of the install. Help please.
If you are installing Rivnuts - Invest the $60 on Amazon for a Rivnut Tool. Worth every penny. I was installing rocker panels and after almost seriously F'ing up my brand new JLUR I ordered the Rivnut tool w/ next day delivery and what had taken me 3 hours to F up installing four Rivnuts turned into about an hour to install the remaining 12 perfectly.

FULLQTR

First Name
Mohammed AlBeha
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
jeep wrangler rubicon X
OKAY folks!! Exactly 4 weeks from placing my order, my MOJITO came in!

First, i had to say goodbye to my 2006 5.7 WK. It was the best vehicle i have owned. Had it for 10 years, after 1 lease. Got it at 30K and left it at 175K. I will miss you old friend! 1 last hug :) :(
IMG_4760.JPG

It's OK though, my new love!.....and so is born the "Radioactive" build :rock::rock:
IMG_5394.JPG

Side by side:
IMG_4549.JPG

1st night home, the garage is looking great! Our house is now worth 100K more :clap:
IMG_4550.JPG

Similar to the wife's Archangel, i did all the same mods on mine. We did get a few different things: i got a manual and different seat covers. I do love these seat covers (code CBS), but they came at an unknown cost.
If anyone is interested in getting these seat covers, please note the following removal of features:
  • You will lose the leather dash and have plastic
  • You will lose the leather inside doors and have plastic
  • You will lose the rear center console/drink holder
Thanks FCA for not making that clear on the site - fawkers! Oh well...you give, you take.., but the seats look GREAT!

IMG_2739.JPG

IMG_4556.JPG

I will say - that after driving (breaking it in) for the last day or so, the manual is AWESOME! My old manual was a TJ.....def NOT the same, of course, but fun to get used to the new. That's the good feedback.....the BAD feedback: the Auto StopStart (ASS)....properly termed :CWL: I feel a Tazer around the corner.
Hi

where can i find this seat covers ?

OP
OP
jlewissystem

jlewissystem

First Name
J
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR MANUAL Mojito!
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Hi

where can i find this seat covers ?
This was the “CBS” leather option from the factory. I would assume that you can either buy it from the dealer or maybe Katzskins has a similar option?

WhatExit?

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT Rubicon Launch Edition | 2021 F350 6.7L
If you are installing Rivnuts - Invest the $60 on Amazon for a Rivnut Tool. Worth every penny. I was installing rocker panels and after almost seriously F'ing up my brand new JLUR I ordered the Rivnut tool w/ next day delivery and what had taken me 3 hours to F up installing four Rivnuts turned into about an hour to install the remaining 12 perfectly.
Just SAY NO to RIVNUTS! Seriously
But thanks for posting your suggestion about the Amazon tool

Sponsored

OP
OP
jlewissystem

jlewissystem

First Name
J
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR MANUAL Mojito!
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Just SAY NO to RIVNUTS! Seriously
But thanks for posting your suggestion about the Amazon tool
agree! Never doing rivnuts again. Roam supplied me with their new flagnuts, which worked way better.

OP
OP
jlewissystem

jlewissystem

First Name
J
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR MANUAL Mojito!
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
The day has come - FRONT BUMPERS! A little "amuse bouche" for XMAS :) We both are "of stinger people" and had a few requirements, so here's what we decided on: Artec Nighthawk (no stinger) with custom stinger. We wanted: tabs for d-rings, factory fogs, stubby and a recessed winch.

https://www.artecindustries.com/JL_NightHawk_Bumper_Front

We also ordered the sway disco skid:
https://www.artecindustries.com/JL_NightHawk_Swaybar_Skid

Unbox:
IMG_5235.jpg

A little test fit:
IMG_5237.JPG

We like the older stinger, so bought some 2" .120 DOM and had it bent and welded. We also asked for support gussets....added a small touch of "JL" to it, since it's our initials ;) LOVE how it turned out :rock:

IMG_2996.JPG
IMG_5249.JPG

I painted these with the same stuff that i did the underneath and side rails - POR15. Prep process was to hose/remove debris from welding place, degrease and use a metal-prep product.

IMG_1072.JPG
IMG_4430.JPG

For painting, i used the same paint process: 2 base coats and 1 top coat. The first 2 coats went on smooth.....the 3rd, not so much. You can see drips and it's not perfectly, smooth, but we dont care. We plan to use and bash.

IMG_2946.JPG
IMG_7752.JPG
IMG_5712.JPG
IMG_4055.JPG

INSTALL TIME!
Removing the old bumper is not that bad. Disconnect the fog harness on the passenger side, take out the 2 push-tabs on the top of the bumper (next to the grille) and remove the 8 bolts from the back. They are 3/4. I used a deep socket and a 3" extension. Was pretty easy. We were able to move our factory fogs over to the new bumpers, which was nice. Apparently only the plastic bumper fogs will transfer at this time. Removing the fogs was easy, BUT NOT FUN! For those of you who are wanting to replace/swap fogs, here you go:

With bumper removed, pull all the push-tabs out:
IMG_9093.JPG
IMG_7150.JPG

After removing all the push-tabs above, remove the two inside end panels and the center section. This will expose a bunch of 7mm bolts. Have fun - i would suggest an electric ratchet. Removing all of the bolts will allow you to remove each foglight and the inner shell, so that the plastic and metal can be separated, to them be able to remove the fog wires.
IMG_3248.JPG
IMG_5480.JPG

Remove the tabs (used a trim tool) and this will allow you to remove the wire:
IMG_9563.JPG

If transplanting the fogs, remove the light mounting hardware by using a needle-nose to pinch and remove:
IMG_4066.JPG

Install the new bumpers. For anyone replacing a factory bumper, consider moving the factory foglight connector. Remove the 2 tabs holding the connector. This allowed me to drop it down the other side of the front bumper mount:
IMG_2484.JPG

Showing fog connector with zipties:
IMG_8094.JPG
IMG_3845.JPG

Some before pics:
IMG_1865.JPG
IMG_1978.JPG
IMG_2323.JPG
IMG_6466.JPG

AFTER! We added Smittybuilt D-Rings, powdercoated and isolators:
D-Rings - https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00AQFEBSG/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_search_asin_title?ie=UTF8&psc=1
Isolators - https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07DGH7QJH?ref=ppx_pop_mob_ap_share

IMG_0242.JPG
IMG_0535.JPG
IMG_1153.JPG
IMG_2075.JPG
IMG_3833.JPG
IMG_5349.JPG
IMG_5383.jpg
IMG_5389.jpg
IMG_8615.JPG
IMG_7888.JPG
IMG_5403.jpg
IMG_5404.jpg
IMG_1714.JPG
IMG_2331.JPG
IMG_6886.JPG
IMG_5409.JPG
IMG_5411.JPG
IMG_5410.JPG

IMG_6629.JPG

AP_Rubi_18

First Name
Alejandro
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR!
Looking amazing! Congrats and keep on enjoying the journey.... now let’s see them on the trail. Those builds look ready and asking for it!

OP
OP
jlewissystem

jlewissystem

First Name
J
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR MANUAL Mojito!
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Looking amazing! Congrats and keep on enjoying the journey.... now let’s see them on the trail. Those builds look ready and asking for it!
Thanks! We were just talking last night, how we need to get some trail time. New driveshafts going on tonight and tomorrow, then we’ll look for an outing soon. Appreciate the feedback! :fist bump:
Sponsored