Sponsored

JL Rubicon front bumper recommendations?

Rossignol

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Wrangler Rubicon
Hi all! New user, just purchased a 2021 JL Rubicon with the LED package. Are there are recommendations for a winch bumper that would allow me to re-use the OEM LED fog lights?
Sponsored

BDinTX

First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLU Rubicon Recon, 2021 JLU Rubicon
I was told the ARB Bondi would accept the OEM fogs but the shop doing the install said no dice. I had to buy new KCs =/
I do like the bumper though.

blnewt

First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep JL V6 SportS, (Retired 74 CJ-5, 80 CJ-7)
Occupation
Just ask @cosine he knows!

rickinAZ

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rubicon EcoDiesel (11th Jeep)
Occupation
Retired CFO. Mayo Clinic volunteer.
Hi all! New user, just purchased a 2021 JL Rubicon with the LED package. Are there are recommendations for a winch bumper that would allow me to re-use the OEM LED fog lights?
I'm assuming that you have the standard (plastic) bumper now...? I like the OEM steel, and you'll get value for it at resale.

Fuel Fire Desire

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sport S, 2020 JT Sport
Have the Quadratec QRC stubby, works with all the OEM fog lights except those from the Rubicon steel bumper, and has a built in winch plate.
https://www.jlwranglerforums.com/forum/threads/quadratec-qrc-stubby-bumper-review.56390/
Same here, except mine is the full width. Good bumper for the affordable price. The tube ends are thin though, they’ll fold if they take a good hit. Good enough for protecting the fenders from brush though.

Factory lights bolt right in.

QERBDf7l.jpg

Sponsored

JeepU4IA

First Name
Rod
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Dodge Charger R/T, 2018 Jeep Wrangler JLU
I have the Warn Elite front bumper. The LED lights that fit with minimal modification are the ones from the OEM Rubicon steel bumpers which is funny since those with OEM steel bumpers are presumably least likely to switch to an aftermarket bumper. It didn't matter for me since I didn't have the LED package so I just bought a pair from a forum user here.

Keep in mind there are at least three types of Jeep OEM LED fog lights mounts. The Sport has one type, the plastic Sahara and Rubicon bumpers have another type, and the steel Rubicon bumper has yet another type.

blnewt

First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep JL V6 SportS, (Retired 74 CJ-5, 80 CJ-7)
Occupation
Just ask @cosine he knows!
Same here, except mine is the full width. Good bumper for the affordable price. The tube ends are thin though, they’ll fold if they take a good hit. Good enough for protecting the fenders from brush though.

Factory lights bolt right in.

Jeep Wrangler JL JL Rubicon front bumper recommendations? {filename}
I figured those tubes on the full size version might be easy to damage, luckily the stubby is solid all the way, but leaves your tires vulnerable, so there's a trade off.

Crawldad

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 2dr wrangler rubicon, '18 Ram3500
doesn't the LED package only come with the steel bumper? if so, all you need is a good heavy duty winch plate. warn makes a nice one as well as rusty's and some others
https://www.rustysoffroad.com/vehic...inch-mount-2018-jl-wrangler-jt-gladiator.html

jcr has a nice winch plate for the oem steel bumper as well:
https://www.jcroffroad.com/category/JLSBA.html

if you have the steel bumper you can run a nice winch right off of that. you can take the end caps off for the stubby version.

many prefer the looks of the OEM steel bumper compared to some of the aftermarkets. you keep your wiring harness, and everything without any fuss.

the only time you would definitely change to after market is for heavy rock crawling, some of the 1/4" and 3/16" steel bumpers would take more of a beating.

roaniecowpony

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR, 14 GMC 1500 CC All TERRAIN
Occupation
Retired Engineer
I have the Rock Hard Aluminum full width bumper with a Warn Zeon 10S winch. The aluminum bumper is a significantly lighter bumper compared to a steel bumper. It has compatibility with OEM fogs. I elected to install some Baja Designs Squadron Pro driving lights in their place.

Last edited:

zeebo56

First Name
Zee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 jeep wrangler unlimited sport
Vehicle Showcase
I have the Rock Hard Aluminum full width bumper with a Warn Zeon 10S winch. The aluminum bumper is a significantly lighter bumper compared to a steel bumper. It has compatibility with OEM fogs. I elected to install some Baja Designs Squadron Pro driving lights in their place.

Jeep Wrangler JL JL Rubicon front bumper recommendations? 20210115_134907
Jeep Wrangler JL JL Rubicon front bumper recommendations? 20210115_134907
I really like your setup and that bumper.

I have the qrc bumper with oracle fogs.

Sponsored

Neanderthalman

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
I'll be ordering the LOD signature stubby....someday. It's designed for the OEM halogen foglights - BUT have an optional bracket to be compatible with the LEDs.

That would suggest that any bumper that supports the halogen foglights should be able to use that optional bracket to mount LEDs.

jespey

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR White; 2021 Ford Bronco Sport Badlands
We bought the OEM steel bumper and had the dealer install it. The LED fogs are pre installed.

Flanman

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon
Occupation
Retired from computer sales
I put on the Fishbone Mako front bumper which accommodated by factory LED fog lamps without modifications.
Jeep Wrangler JL JL Rubicon front bumper recommendations? CEC7215F-CEB3-42C8-AE2E-521BC47E98CE

davewald

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.davewaldrop.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Wrangler Rubicon
Occupation
Sort of, kinda retired....mostly
Another happy RockHard customer here. I bought their aluminum mid-width bumper and am very pleased with it. It bolted right on, the factory fogs went on without any modifications, and the Warn Evo that I bought from them at the same time fits perfectly. I just ordered their aluminum rear bumper as well after a random stick grabbed my stock plastic one and cracked it.
Jeep Wrangler JL JL Rubicon front bumper recommendations? 91452551-2E42-4C7E-8B18-925A50838728