Sponsored

JL Lean

SixteenPaws

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
I’ve had my Rubicon for a little over two months now and today I noticed a lean to the passenger side of the Jeep. I measured and from the ground the to fender the driver’s side is about 1/4” higher than the passenger side.

I have heard of the JK lean, but had two and never experienced it. Anyone else having this problem?

Side note: I love the Jeep, but the number of tiny issues has been exhausting.
- Paint issues on the hard top, new one ordered 6weeks ago and hasn’t come in and has no ETA.
- Issue with rear wiper motor squealing
- Dripping rear wiper fluid
- Alignment was way off on arrival. Was fixed by dealer but still is a little off (wanders right) and I haven’t had time to deal with it.
- Now this???

But is anyone else noticing a lean? Everything on the Rubi is stock.

:(
Sponsored

OP
OP
SixteenPaws

SixteenPaws

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Really 1/4”?
Yes? Is your question why would I care because it is so little or it is how did I notice it because it is only 1/4”?

The answer to both is I am ODC as fu....

Doesn’t change the fact that it should be level.

JIMBOX

First Name
JAMES
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
CHEROKEE TRAILHAWK/ JEEP GLADIATOR
Occupation
RETIRED
ALL JEEPS LEAN--

It will depend on level of gas in tank/cargo load/road level/SIZE OF DRIVER--etc-

If you're standing in back of the jeepand looking--it will lean to the passenger side-gosh--imagine that

Whatever

JIMBO

Swanny297

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL
Yes? Is your question why would I care because it is so little or it is how did I notice it because it is only 1/4”?

The answer to both is I am ODC as fu....

Doesn’t change the fact that it should be level.
You mean OCD - a wrangler will not be your friend.

Fuel levels, passenger weight, cargo weight, spring/shock/tire wear, and psi are just a few things that will all cause disproportionate heights around your Jeep.

You can’t really be accurate by measuring with a tape measure off “level” ground, parts on the Jeep all have manufacturing tolerances and most stack up issues when assembled. There is also measurement error in any study.

Enjoy your Jeep, as you drive, flex and off-road geometry will change a bit, as long as driveabilty isn’t affected keep Jeepin....

Sponsored

mwilk012

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ocean Blue JLU Rubicon
Occupation
Service
Sit in it and measure then. Probably levels out.

Mojito Mojo

First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Apache Junction, AZ and North Mankato, MN
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mojito Rubicon JLU, 2004 Corvette convertible, 2015 HD Road Glide, 2014 Indian Chief Vintage
Occupation
Retired

Sponsored

OP
OP
SixteenPaws

SixteenPaws

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
How could you even visually tell it was leaning 1/4" with out measuring?
Ever walk into a room and you can tell something is off but you can’t put your finger on it?

I was building a door rack and kept looking at the Jeep and something was just off...

OP
OP
SixteenPaws

SixteenPaws

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
You mean OCD - a wrangler will not be your friend.

Fuel levels, passenger weight, cargo weight, spring/shock/tire wear, and psi are just a few things that will all cause disproportionate heights around your Jeep.

You can’t really be accurate by measuring with a tape measure off “level” ground, parts on the Jeep all have manufacturing tolerances and most stack up issues when assembled. There is also measurement error in any study.

Enjoy your Jeep, as you drive, flex and off-road geometry will change a bit, as long as driveabilty isn’t affected keep Jeepin....
My main concern isn’t the lean... i am wondering if what I am seeing/measuring is what is causing the wandering to the right.

OP
OP
SixteenPaws

SixteenPaws

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
ALL JEEPS LEAN--

It will depend on level of gas in tank/cargo load/road level/SIZE OF DRIVER--etc-

If you're standing in back of the jeepand looking--it will lean to the passenger side-gosh--imagine that

Whatever

JIMBO
No they don’t.

I’ve had a CJ, YJ, TJ, JK and a JKU. Never seen the lean, only heard of it. No my first time in a Jeep. Imagine that.

BillyHW

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
-
The gas tank is on the passenger side. Would a full tank combined with no driver in the driver's seat cause a 1/4" lean possibly?
Sponsored