Sponsored

Jim Marsh: Terrible Experience

viper88

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 JLR 2.0T (past), '22 JLR 3.6 (present)
Thanks I really hope so also, it’s definitely been a bummer and kinda ruins it. I had canceled my 2018 order so I could order a 2019 without any of the bugs. And to take delivery and still have issues is just extremely disappointing.
Take your Jl to a high end body shop. Long Beach is not far from Newport Beach. Newport Beach has a couple of exotic car dealerships. Call and see who they refer their customers to. It's not that other body shops are not capable. Problem is most have a 2-tier shop. Shops that work on high end exotics are used to doing work to a very high standard day in and day out. Definitely remind the shop you want and expect a undetectable repair.

I have a couple of friends in Southern California who own exotics.

Maybe call these guys to see what they think. Maybe one of them can take car of you. Or refer you to another shop. It might sound like overkill but these shops will know who is qualified if they can't take care of you. Sterling or Spectrum would probably be good choices.

http://www.sterlingcollisioncenter.com/lamborghini-service.php

https://www.ragingbull-performance.com

http://www.spectrumcollision.com/about/

http://newportfmc.com

Sponsored

Last edited:
OP
OP
IronChad

IronChad

First Name
Chad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Rubicon
Take your Jl to a high end body shop. Long Beach is not far from Newport Beach. Newport Beach has a couple of exotic car dealerships. Call and see who they refer their customers to. It's not that other body shops are not capable. Problem is most have a 2-tier shop. Shops that work on high end exotics are used to doing work to a very high standard day in and day out. Definitely remind the shop you want and expect a undetectable repair.

I have a couple of friends in Southern California who own exotics.

Maybe call these guys to see what they think. Maybe one of them can take car of you. Or refer you to another shop. It might sound like overkill but these shops will know who is qualified if they can't take care of you. Sterling or Spectrum would probably be good choices.

http://www.sterlingcollisioncenter.com/lamborghini-service.php

https://www.ragingbull-performance.com

http://www.spectrumcollision.com/about/

http://newportfmc.com

Thank you!

cohocarl

First Name
Carl
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 Honda Passport, '18 Crosstrek, '16 Cherokee
Purchasing a new vehicle should be a fun experience, not the crap it sounds like you're going through.
Hope all gets corrected for you quickly.
Question regarding the headliner issue. Just curious, was that the "hard top headliner" option? Sounds like the dealer's service dept. needs some attention...

gofastguy

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Rubi 2019 WK Trailhawk 2015 Mustang GT
I would research which Jeep dealer at home does nice work and let them take care of everything. Probably a big, big uphill battle to try and get them to pay the Lambo dealer 5K for paint!

Sponsored

OP
OP
IronChad

IronChad

First Name
Chad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Rubicon
I would also ask Marsh for "Diminished Value". Good luck with this.
Can you explain a little more on how to ask for this? Thanks. You can PM me if you’d like.

ogjeep

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 jeep Wrangler Turbo 2 door Mojito
I bought my Jeep at Jim marsh and had nothing but an amazing experience. My jeep was flawless and the staff was excellent. Doesn't hurt that i go wheeling with the sales manager. But still! I was treated like a king. And anything i need they help at a moments notice.
With that being said I hope it all gets sorted. Seems like one scratch caused the whole situation to go south. In my opinion its whoever prepped that car for the lot's fault, not your salesman. They should be able to look up who did the Initial delivery inspection on your particular unit.

(The dealership was probably in a pickle too thinking. Oh shit our guy scratched this thing. And now we have to mitigate damage)

I doubt anyone particular was actually aware of the scratch. At least they cut you a check no questions asked. Thats pretty legit honestly. Ive dealt with all the other jeep dealers in Vegas and Jim marsh has by far the best customer service.

Mrjimmystewart

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 jeep 392, Mercedes E 53 convt, Prevost H3-41
Occupation
Retired
I ordered a sting grey Mpoab on 9/19, it just came in to Jim March, Antonio. I pick it up on the 27th and am spending the nest three days in Vegas. I guess I better check it out thoroughly, run the Air conditioning to.

So Sorry to hear of your troubles, getting a new Jeep should just be fun!

Oakwolf

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19' JLUR Mojito
I am dead tired but...i can't see the scratch in the OP's picture...all i can see is reflection. Everyone else seems to see it so what am i supposed to look for?

Sponsored

viper88

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I am dead tired but...i can't see the scratch in the OP's picture...all i can see is reflection. Everyone else seems to see it so what am i supposed to look for?
Pretty sure it's the small area over the left rear tail light. Looks like a reflection but I think it's the area where someone buffed through the clear and color coat. I think that's primer under the color coat.

viper88

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Can you explain a little more on how to ask for this? Thanks. You can PM me if you’d like.
It's a small area that has to be painted. Unfortunately the area has to be color blended. All trim and rear light has to be removed so they can clear coat the entire panel to the seam. I just thought of something? This is not a fix, it's literally a "cover up". I'd almost consider covering up the area with a custom decal over painting? You will not have to worry about potential Carfax reports, improper color match, or orange peel texture match, seam lines. Collect and keep the money-damages and you can paint and repair later if it still bothers you. Definitely push for monthly payments and or a FCA extended Warranty for your troubles. Just trying to think outside the box for a solution that minimizes any additional inconveniences.

ToxicBanana

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler JLUR
Chad, shit happens and the treatment was not great. But don't make it a negative experience, you now own a badass Jeep Wrangler, you need to fix some issues that you shouldn't have to, but stay positive, you got an awesome Jeep and should have some good times ahead of you.

Also, I see that you're from Long Beach, do you have a group for some adventures yet? if not you are welcome to join us, we expect to go to Borrego/Ocotillo wells in January and you are welcome to join us.

EZMFE

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Vehicle Showcase
itllbuffout.3.jpg

Last edited:

EZMFE

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Vehicle Showcase
Not a good feeling I am sure but congrats on the new Jeep :rock:
Sponsored