Sponsored

Dennis Dillon: Beyond terrible

hammick

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Wrangler 2dr JK Sport S
So it all started last Wednesday morning when I spoke with Cody in internet sales about trading my '15 JK Sport S for a 2020 JL Willys or Rubicon or possibly ordering a 2021 JL. He asked me to email photos and details of my trade which I send within 15 minutes of our phone call. Thursday evening comes around and I haven't heard a thing from Cody. Not even an acknowledgment that he received my email. So I get him on the phone and he doesn't have a clue who I am. He checks his emails and finds my email with the info and photos on my trade. He says he will get them to the used car appraiser and get back to me Friday morning. Saturday morning comes around and still no contact from Cody. So I give him a call and again he has no clue who I am and checks his email. The appraiser had emailed him about my trade wanting my VIN number. He says he will get right back with me and abruptly hangs up even though I was trying to ask him a question. I send him a PDF of my window sticker with the VIN right after he hung up. Late Saturday afternoon I still haven't heard anything and I call back and a guy from "internet sales" answers. I told him that I was a little frustrated that I haven't received a figure on my trade and that my salesman never calls me. He wanted to know the name of who I was working with so I told him. He sound genuinely concerned and told me he was going to let me speak with the sales manager. I gave him my name and he put me on hold. 40 minutes on hold and I finally gave up. I'm a little embarrassed that I stayed on hold for 40 minutes.

So needless to say I'm looking for a dealer out West who I don't have to beg to take my money.
Sponsored

Amaruq

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLR 6spd
Jesus. I wouldn’t have waited ten minutes.

rickinAZ

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rubicon EcoDiesel (11th Jeep)
Occupation
Retired CFO. Mayo Clinic volunteer.
As an aside: they were willing to appraise your trade without physically inspecting it?

I wish more dealers were willing to give sight-unseen preliminary trade numbers - subject, ultimately, to inspection. Over the years I've wasted plenty of time driving to various dealers only to find that that were below market, and inspecting my vehicles condition really didn't change that.

OP
OP
hammick

hammick

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
As an aside: they were willing to appraise your trade without physically inspecting it?
That's what they said. Not sure if that's normal for them or a Covid thing but doesn't mean much since they have treated me like a red-headed step rat.

RubiCoug

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 392. Was '20 Rubicon, '17 Rubicon
So it all started last Wednesday morning when I spoke with Cody in internet sales about trading my '15 JK Sport S for a 2020 JL Willys or Rubicon or possibly ordering a 2021 JL. He asked me to email photos and details of my trade which I send within 15 minutes of our phone call. Thursday evening comes around and I haven't heard a thing from Cody. Not even an acknowledgment that he received my email. So I get him on the phone and he doesn't have a clue who I am. He checks his emails and finds my email with the info and photos on my trade. He says he will get them to the used car appraiser and get back to me Friday morning. Saturday morning comes around and still no contact from Cody. So I give him a call and again he has no clue who I am and checks his email. The appraiser had emailed him about my trade wanting my VIN number. He says he will get right back with me and abruptly hangs up even though I was trying to ask him a question. I send him a PDF of my window sticker with the VIN right after he hung up. Late Saturday afternoon I still haven't heard anything and I call back and a guy from "internet sales" answers. I told him that I was a little frustrated that I haven't received a figure on my trade and that my salesman never calls me. He wanted to know the name of who I was working with so I told him. He sound genuinely concerned and told me he was going to let me speak with the sales manager. I gave him my name and he put me on hold. 40 minutes on hold and I finally gave up. I'm a little embarrassed that I stayed on hold for 40 minutes.

So needless to say I'm looking for a dealer out West who I don't have to beg to take my money.
Shoot a PM to 'PaulwithJeep' on the forum. He's a straight shooter from Seattle area. They'll be fair with you. No tricks with financing, fees, or add ons either. Tell him Justin with the Recon sent you.

Sponsored

CivilJeep

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Sahara 4xe, Mustang Mach-E, Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
Engineer
Agree with everything you’ve just said. It seems like it’s almost impossible to find a dealer willing to work with you remotely. For my last two “trades”, I’ve sold them to Carvana and Vroom. Carvana was incredibly easy to work with, but on my last vehicle, Vroom gave me more money. Vroom definitely wasn’t as easy as Carvana. Anyhow, the prices I got were competitive with trade in value, and I’ve found I can be much more aggressive with the vehicle I want to purchase without a trade. I’d suggest checking both out, you’ll usually get an offer in minutes.

JEEPIDON

First Name
Charlie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rubicon, 2021 Gladiator Rubicon, 2013 Ram2500
Occupation
Retired - Business Consultant

Aren’t you glad that you figured out “who not to do business with”?

GreyFox

First Name
Brandy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 JKU, 19 JL

I wish more dealers were willing to give sight-unseen preliminary trade numbers - subject, ultimately, to inspection. Over the years I've wasted plenty of time driving to various dealers only to find that that were below market, and inspecting my vehicles condition really didn't change that.
Steve White in NC appraised my TJ with my VIN and pictures I sent him. And it was actually within $200 of what my local dealer have me. I was kind of impressed :like:

OP
OP
hammick

hammick

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Agree with everything you’ve just said. It seems like it’s almost impossible to find a dealer willing to work with you remotely. For my last two “trades”, I’ve sold them to Carvana and Vroom. Carvana was incredibly easy to work with, but on my last vehicle, Vroom gave me more money. Vroom definitely wasn’t as easy as Carvana. Anyhow, the prices I got were competitive with trade in value, and I’ve found I can be much more aggressive with the vehicle I want to purchase without a trade. I’d suggest checking both out, you’ll usually get an offer in minutes.
Yeah I've tried the Carmax thing many times and it only worked out once. Problem is my JK has about 10k in the build.

scott96fs

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLU
Not sure where in Montana you are but I was very happy with the transaction at Findlay Jeep in Post Falls, ID. Probably the smoothest process I've had buying a car. Cameron their sales manager will take care of you.

Sponsored

werewolf4805

First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Vehicle Showcase
Not that it helps since it’s in MD, but Prince Frederick Jeep gave me a trade value for my car in an email, sight unseen, and didn’t even bother driving it when I went to pick up my Jeep. I drove 5 hours to get there and was out of the dealership in under an hour.

Mugzzzee

First Name
Hal (aka Mugs)
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler JLUR, 2016 Jeep Grand Cherokee Overland
Occupation
Retired since 2004
Experiences certainly differ. I found DD on this website. I called from SW Colorado and organized a purchase with a factory order. No trade-in was involved. I got 8% off invoice and 13% off MSRP. I flew from Durango, CO to Boise to pick up my prize. Delivery was 6 weeks later. No problem and very satisfied. Unless reviews change I will buy my wife's next Cherokee there. End of story.

OP
OP
hammick

hammick

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Experiences certainly differ. I found DD on this website. I called from SW Colorado and organized a purchase with a factory order. No trade-in was involved. I got 8% off invoice and 13% off MSRP. I flew from Durango, CO to Boise to pick up my prize. Delivery was 6 weeks later. No problem and very satisfied. Unless reviews change I will buy my wife's next Cherokee there. End of story.
Glad you had a good experience. I will certainly post here if they get back with me. Do you mind sharing the name of your salesman? I will eventually sell my JK if I can't trade it in and am looking for a similar deal on an order.
Sponsored