Sponsored

DENNIS DILLON JEEP WARNING, Don't Buy There!

Wanderingwheelz

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Sport
Seriously guys it’s his very first post complaining about it’s the dealerships fault he made the check out wrong..lol. And yes I will be ordering from them again because you will not find a lower price, look at all the buying threads and you will see Dennis Dillion is the least expensive dealer on the west coast and yes you can go search my exact screen name on the JK forums also. And yes he did buy his Jeep at probably close to 8-10% below MSRP as they have the same price for everyone! Yes maybe I was a little to hard on the guy but damn his very first post bashing what most dealers do in finance to earn their commissions because he didn’t read the contract basically WTF! I live in SoCal by the way not Idaho so no I have no affiliation with the dealership other than I ordered my first JK in 12/16 and took delivery 2/17 that’s it and yes they tried the $299 extra security crap on my contract which I caught since you are supposed to read what you are buying at 30K plus!
Dude. They didn’t give him his refund. That just plain bad business, and if it’s true, he should be allowed to vent on a forum like this one.

When I purchased my Wrangler my certified check was made out for too much too, since we agreed it would be simplist for me to do my own tag and title work out of state. Thankfully they accepted a personal check for the Jeep, instead, after checking my credit. But if I didn’t have another means of payment I might have been in the same predicament he is in.

It’s not fair to bash a person when you don’t know all of the details.
Sponsored

Wanderingwheelz

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Sport
Another Jedi mind trick. You don’t have to keep the loan for any set period of time. As soon as you get an account number have your other bank pay the loan off.

If you dont wait their set number of months the sleazy finance person doesn’t get their kickback from the financing company/bank. Remember this, the finance person is incentivized to get you to take the highest loan rate possible without losing the deal. Think about that. Your credit score means nothing to them. They will try to get you to agree to THE highest rate they have.

Glad I didn’t buy from DD.
What was said there is exactly right. The finance guy won’t get paid unless you do things his way. Doing things the way a finance guy at a car dealership wants you to do them is surely not the fastest route to financial independence.

Rockstar08

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sport
Personally, I wouldn't

Loan question: They say you have to keep the loan for 6 months. What about paying it off early? Is there typically a penalty for paying off a loan early? For example, let's say I pay off the Jeep in full after getting my first car payment bill in the mail. Would I have to pay a fee for that?
You can payoff your loan anytime there is noprepayment penalty that is illegal I think in all states now. These are all simple interest loans, back in the day there were contracts that were not simple interest loans and if you paid off early it would cost you but I haven’t seen one of those in a very long time I think they are illegal now or all banks stopped doing them. But an easy way to find out is just call Chrysler finance and ask them what your payoff is and you will know really quickly. Again the only reason they are saying you have to keep the financing for 6 months is for the dealership to get the kick back of money for jacking up the interest rate on you. If say 75% of the people abide by that then the dealership makes a ton more money but for the people who are informed then they don’t it’s a numbers game to them. I bet no one has signed any legal document that says you must keep your loan for a minimum of 6 months or you will have to pay back their extra $1,000 they gave you! That’s illegal and would go against the simple interest loan you have.

Rockstar08

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sport
Dude. They didn’t give him his refund. That just plain bad business, and if it’s true, he should be allowed to vent on a forum like this one.

When I purchased my Wrangler my certified check was made out for too much too, since we agreed it would be simplist for me to do my own tag and title work out of state. Thankfully they accepted a personal check for the Jeep, instead, after checking my credit. But if I didn’t have another means of payment I might have been in the same predicament he is in.

It’s not fair to bash a person when you don’t know all of the details.
Yes you are correct but you must have missed my post apologizing to him for being a jerk basically..lol.. He has a We Owe slip I think he said so yes he will get his money back no question how long who knows but he is definitely getting the runaround which is beyond ridiculous after paying over 50K for a new Rubicon..I would be so pissed myself!

Again guys I guess my head was stuck up my A- - yesterday I do sincerely apologize for being a jerk!!

Jason

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR StingGray
In order to get the $1000 off, we had to use their loan. I knew that. I had initially asked what the best current interest rate was, it was the same as my credit union, 3.5%. I got pre-approved for a loan from my credit union just in case something goes wrong. My wife and I both have credit scores over 800. What was not disclosed is their loan was not for the best rate available. It was for 5.64%. I was told I had to keep the loan for 6 months, then I could change banks. After thinking about it, I realized it would be cheaper to use their loan and switch in 6 months (assuming rates don't go up). We signed the paperwork and left for home. They filled the gas tank for us, which in my experience, is not always the case with most dealerships.

Looks like you bought in February so the 6 months is up, but for future reference or for anyone else, as others have said, that is complete bullshit. You can get another loan the same day with a better rate from a different bank, and then pay off that crap loan you were blatantly lied to about that day. The bill of sale is done, they cant change anything about the price after you have signed. It pisses me off that these unethical practices are not kept in check better industry wide.

Sponsored

raqball

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JKUR
Vehicle Showcase
Yes you are correct but you must have missed my post apologizing to him for being a jerk basically..lol.. He has a We Owe slip I think he said so yes he will get his money back no question how long who knows but he is definitely getting the runaround which is beyond ridiculous after paying over 50K for a new Rubicon..I would be so pissed myself!

Again guys I guess my head was stuck up my A- - yesterday I do sincerely apologize for being a jerk!!
Kukos for owning up, taking responsibility and apologizing to the OP as most here would never think of doing so,,,

Just because someone has a different experience than you, has a problem you don't or wants to vent does not make them a troll. Post count and join date also has absolutely nothing to do with it. Some might make a negative post with post # 1. Why? Because they have an issue, found this forum and want answers, to warn others, or seek advise.

I have not quite nailed it down but the troll word is used more here than anywhere else I've ever seen to try and discredit others who have legitimate complaints or issues..

Anyway, kudos for coming back and apologizing to the OP..

thatdesertgirl

First Name
Amanda
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Sting-Gray Rubicon JLU, 2011 Desert Sand JK Sport (sold), 2009 Jeep Commander
hmm. Thats a bummer. I flew out there In july to pick out my custom order rubicon. Saved 7k off the sticker, drove 6 hours home. No hidden charges, or any bs at all. No one anywhere could come near that price. My experience was pretty awesome I'd say.

old8tora

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 JK Sport
$299 vehicle prep fee
In 20+ years I have never seen a dealership charge to unwrap, wash, and put gas in your new purchase until now.
That's a new one !

Myself , I refused to allow the dealer to prep my special order in the first place . In Cali , they'll mess up your new Jeep in the prep .

old8tora

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 JK Sport
What was said there is exactly right. The finance guy won’t get paid unless you do things his way. Doing things the way a finance guy at a car dealership wants you to do them is surely not the fastest route to financial independence.
Finance guys are just more jerks in the stealer equation , along with the rest of the flim flam . By the way , heads up : the "invoice" is a fake marketing gimmick . The actual dealer cost is maybe 75% - 80% of the msrp , and maybe less than that . They have too much overhead to be selling at less than their cost . General Managers make $1K per day .

Sponsored

Carolina88

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Sting-Gray JLU Sport S
You can payoff your loan anytime there is noprepayment penalty that is illegal I think in all states now. These are all simple interest loans, back in the day there were contracts that were not simple interest loans and if you paid off early it would cost you but I haven’t seen one of those in a very long time I think they are illegal now or all banks stopped doing them. But an easy way to find out is just call Chrysler finance and ask them what your payoff is and you will know really quickly. Again the only reason they are saying you have to keep the financing for 6 months is for the dealership to get the kick back of money for jacking up the interest rate on you. If say 75% of the people abide by that then the dealership makes a ton more money but for the people who are informed then they don’t it’s a numbers game to them. I bet no one has signed any legal document that says you must keep your loan for a minimum of 6 months or you will have to pay back their extra $1,000 they gave you! That’s illegal and would go against the simple interest loan you have.
Thanks for the reply. I didn't realize prepayment penalties were illegal. Also interesting that "you have to keep our financing for 6 months" is B.S.

Mjmi69

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Moab, 2019 BMW 335, 2018 Jeep Rubicon Recon, 2018 BMW 435i
Occupation
Broker/Owner
Seriously guys it’s his very first post complaining about it’s the dealerships fault he made the check out wrong..lol. And yes I will be ordering from them again because you will not find a lower price, look at all the buying threads and you will see Dennis Dillion is the least expensive dealer on the west coast and yes you can go search my exact screen name on the JK forums also. And yes he did buy his Jeep at probably close to 8-10% below MSRP as they have the same price for everyone! Yes maybe I was a little to hard on the guy but damn his very first post bashing what most dealers do in finance to earn their commissions because he didn’t read the contract basically WTF! I live in SoCal by the way not Idaho so no I have no affiliation with the dealership other than I ordered my first JK in 12/16 and took delivery 2/17 that’s it and yes they tried the $299 extra security crap on my contract which I caught since you are supposed to read what you are buying at 30K plus!
I agree with you that they have had no real complaints and he should contact the accounting department and keep trying to get his money.
I will also say that there are other dealers that have a better price out there and you don’t have to finance with them for example Dave Dennis in Dayton and Tri Cities both had better deals.

Last edited:

Mjmi69

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Moab, 2019 BMW 335, 2018 Jeep Rubicon Recon, 2018 BMW 435i
Occupation
Broker/Owner
Thanks for the reply. I didn't realize prepayment penalties were illegal. Also interesting that "you have to keep our financing for 6 months" is B.S.
100% correct, you can not stop someone from paying it off asap

old8tora

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 JK Sport
You can even be obligating yourself to all of the interest for the entire term of the loan, even if you pay it off immediately.
Please tell us your source of the statement that you may be obligating yourself to all of the interest , even if you pay it off immediately . Improbable from a finance guy at an auto dealership .

That seems rather far-fetched . Like "usury" , perhaps ? Or a predatory loan shark , maybe ? Or the "mob" ?

Sounds highly improbable , if from a licensed state-regulated auto dealer , using an auto manufacturer's lending dept .

Shooting or Jeeping

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR, 2019 RAV4
Personally, I wouldn't

Loan question: They say you have to keep the loan for 6 months. What about paying it off early? Is there typically a penalty for paying off a loan early? For example, let's say I pay off the Jeep in full after getting my first car payment bill in the mail. Would I have to pay a fee for that?
No, and that’s the kicker. There is no 6 month period to wait. That’s protecting the dealer. If you pay it off after 6 months, they don’t get a charge back. If you pay it off earlier- they get hit with what they made on the loan.

So to the buyer- pay it off whenever. There is absolutely no penalty. In fact, most states have laws against them.
Sponsored