Sponsored

DENNIS DILLON JEEP WARNING, Don't Buy There!

ShaunTheJeep

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 2D JL Rubicon
This has been an interesting read... Obviously the cheap sellers are trying to make up their profit elsewhere. I have to give a shout-out to my dealer here in IL... Naperville cjdr… Where I was turned away from other dealers for even asking for a 2-door Rubicon and that below invoice - here they were happy to order me whatever I wanted, and they offered it up under. No pushing to take something from the lot. The sales guy even joked... So I'm supposed to ask you if you want anything in stock, but I know you don't so there... :) The finance guy was typical pressure / intimidating... but, he did not try to slip in these unexpected charges or steal a promotion. They were rushed since they had two couples to process after me so at the time I kept taking his urgency as a tip that he was slipping something in, but he wasn't. I checked and re-checked the math, and everything worked out as I expected. I did have to take their financing at 4.5%, which I accepted since I searched my bank and a few others quickly and came up with only a little better. Then I got a letter in the mail 2 weeks later saying they were reducing to 3.9 and that they'd found a better rate. That was the most unexpected letter ever. I bought the warranty since it's a brand new model with all the upgrades, but at a very good price that I researched out here (kudos to the good folks out here). It was an unexpectedly great experience. Too bad other dealers have to be slimy.
Sponsored

Last edited:

Travis2929

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 JKU
Hoping my experience with them turns out ok. Anybody know if I need to do a smog before going into dmv if buying out of state?

iznthesky

First Name
Edgar
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep JL Rubicon & 2004 Jeep TJ. Previously owned 1993 Cherokee, 1980 CJ5, & M151A2 while in the Military. For the love of Jeeps !
My good man I owe you an apology! We are all part of the club per say and yes Dennis Dillon finance leave little to be desired depending on the mood of the finance guy if he will try and screw you one day to the next. I know I have been excited about getting a new car and with that excitement things can get overlooked so again my apologies and I do hope you get your $405 back well I shouldn’t say hope I know you will just call the sales manager and/or the General Manager and tell them you have their WE OWE slip and it’s been a month and you are getting the runaround and I bet they will make it right. This is a huge volume dealership I am sure they have just been super busy. However with the order banks closed right now and you can’t order a 2019 until at least the 12th this should be a good time to try and reach management there.

TJeeper yeah they do bump your interest rate I got 4.9% when I got there with over a 800 credit score but it’s understandable since you are getting the extra $1000 off and again even though they say you need to keep the loan for 6 months I bet you didn’t sign one single piece of paper saying you agree to that did you? It’s a simple interest loan so you can refi or sell anytime you want. What’s the dealership going to do come after you in another state in small claims to try and recoup that $1000 that I bet is not enforceable to begin with, I know I never signed any piece of paper saying I would keep their loan for 6 months and I didn’t. So just like this awful finance guy being unscrupulous than it’s fair game to refi anytime you want I say!
Why are the forum members here congratulating Rockstar08 for apologizing. His comments in several threads that he posted were mean, thoughtless and childish. He should have never written those comments to begin with and giving him some sort of credit or acolades for his weak insulting apology is akin to encouraging his foul behavior.
There were no excuses for the experience that the customer endured at the Dealership. Even if he came to the dealership with the wrong $ amount bank check....what does that say about the dealership? As if they have never encountered this before.
Bottom line is: if a customer has a bad buying experience.... they have the right to post their experience for all to-read.
If a dealership is worth their salt, they will ENSURE that the customer has a great buying experience. FCA and Jeep dealerships are making a fortune! They should be paying attention to the “internet buzz” about their dealership and fix any customer service issues that exist. NO excuses about a dealership being too busy to send a refund for over payment.....damn, doesn’t every dealership wish they had that problem.
The guy had legitimate complaints....who is this guy getting ata-boys for a weak apology to belittling the customers bad buying experience?

old8tora

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 JK Sport
There were no excuses for the experience that the customer endured at the Dealership. Even if he came to the dealership with the wrong & amount bank check....what does that say about the dealership? As if they have never encountered this before.
Bottom line is: if a customer has a bad buying experience.... they have the right to post their experience for all to-read.
If a dealership is worth their salt, they will ENSURE that the customer has a great buying experience. FCA and Jeep dealerships are making a fortune! They should be paying attention to the “internet buzz” about their dealership and fix any customer service issues that exist. NO excuses about a dealership being too busy to send a refund for over payment.....damn, doesn’t every dealership wish they had that problem.
The guy had legitimate complaints.
When in the far future is Dennis Dillon going to man-up and apologize ? Likely never .

Sponsored

old8tora

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 JK Sport
Why are the forum members here congratulating Rockstar08 for apologizing.
Because he man-up , unlike Dennis Dillon . Easy on him ; it takes some class to apologize , unlike Dennis Dillon .

iznthesky

First Name
Edgar
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep JL Rubicon & 2004 Jeep TJ. Previously owned 1993 Cherokee, 1980 CJ5, & M151A2 while in the Military. For the love of Jeeps !
Because he man-up , unlike Dennis Dillon . Easy on him ; it takes some class to apologize , unlike Dennis Dillon .
Really, read Rockstar08’s three posts.... there is simply no excuse. Here is his apology:
“Yes you are correct but you must have missed my post apologizing to him for being a jerk”

Again in his apology..he is calling the guy a jerk.... and you seem to think rockstar is “man-up” ?
Perhaps you and I are from vastly different generations but an apology does not include a further insult that is trying to justify his bad behavior to begin with. (Its like a wife abuser claiming his wife “made him” beat her.)
No rewarding childish rude behavior.....no longer acceptable in our society.

Rockstar08

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sport
You need to reread what you quoted me on brother! I was apologizing to him for being a jerk. I wasn’t calling him a jerk I was calling myself a jerk!! You misinterpreted my sentence no one else did. You must have missed where the original poster on the last page accepted my apology but no worries all is good apparently we all can misinterpret things very easily! Now let’s move along and enjoy!

Rockstar08

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hi Rockstar O8. Thank you so much for your apology. It was well-received! And you were right as rain. I received my check from Dennis Dillon, it was in my mailbox this morning. And the rest of my dealings with them, they were good. I actually did take $2,000 cash with me, as well as my $50,000 check, and strongly considered the quote-unquote Mopar hundred thousand mile warranty. But, the price Kevin in finance quoted me for such warranty was $2,666. So I think I'll pause on that expense for the time being. I am however enjoying my beautiful Pumpkin Smash Rubicon! I do look forward to posting a few pictures and updates here shortly. Thank you once again Rockstar 08 for being such a gentleman. Look forward to seeing you and hearing from you in future posts. Sincerely Jim Hubbard
That’s awesome to here and again enjoy that awesome new Jeep!

old8tora

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 JK Sport
You need to reread what you quoted me on brother! I was apologizing to him for being a jerk. I wasn’t calling him a jerk I was calling myself a jerk!! You misinterpreted my sentence no one else did. You must have missed where the original poster on the last page accepted my apology but no worries all is good apparently we all can misinterpret things very easily! Now let’s move along and enjoy!
Hey easy on him ; he's a veteran , and he knows some things that we don't know . Anyone can fly off , and ought to be forgiven . What I find significant is that Dennis Dillon has not apologized .

Sponsored

Rockstar08

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Yeah I would be surprise if DD comes on here an apologizes to a forum group really. OregonPunkn, said he received his money back already so all is good now. I didn’t think I was being hard but if so I apogize to you Edgar as well! I would also like to thank you for your service sir as I appreciate all the sacrifices our military do for our country truly!! I don’t even watch professional football anymore since those knuckleheads are clueless as to what our flag stands for! Well looks like the 2019 order banks are open and as soon as I sell me wife’s Mini Cooper we will be placing our order for a new Ocean Blue unlimited sport model...Glad to see base price only went up a $100. Also after reading some more threads a couple of people have said that Peterson Jeep which is about one town over from Dennis Dillon beat their price at 14% below MSRP versus 12.5% below that DD gives so I may give them a call when we are ready also!

old8tora

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 JK Sport
Yeah I would be surprise if DD comes on here an apologizes to a forum group really. OregonPunkn, said he received his money back already so all is good now. I didn’t think I was being hard but if so I apogize to you Edgar as well! I would also like to thank you for your service sir as I appreciate all the sacrifices our military do for our country truly!! I don’t even watch professional football anymore since those knuckleheads are clueless as to what our flag stands for! Well looks like the 2019 order banks are open and as soon as I sell me wife’s Mini Cooper we will be placing our order for a new Ocean Blue unlimited sport model...Glad to see base price only went up a $100. Also after reading some more threads a couple of people have said that Peterson Jeep which is about one town over from Dennis Dillon beat their price at 14% below MSRP versus 12.5% below that DD gives so I may give them a call when we are ready also!

If I was in Idaho , I'd call Kent at Peterson for sure . Be sure to read the Cali Lemon Law . It says the attorney general is available to help owners who buy or lease in their home state of Cali , ( and military from elsewhere ) . Myself , even though I'd like to buy from Kent at Peterson , if it was a lemon I'd regret not having Cali lemon law on my side . The website is something like : oag.ca.gov/consumers/general/cars . Look up California Lemon Law and then look for that website .

By the way , a good dealing dealer in Cali is "Powell" , in Escondido ; "Oprah" there gave me a smokin' deal offer , but I'm not buying now .
Sponsored

Last edited: