Sponsored

DENNIS DILLON JEEP WARNING, Don't Buy There!

Carlton

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeeps lots of jeeps
That's a new one !

Myself , I refused to allow the dealer to prep my special order in the first place . In Cali , they'll mess up your new Jeep in the prep .
I also tell them not to prep, just to remove the plastic. Learned my lesson after a dealer tired shined the tires, fenders, bumpers, and side steps... I about broke my neck slipping on the step... They spray waxed the windows which is super annoying as well lol.
Sponsored

Carlton

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeeps lots of jeeps
Yep , remember the Seinfeld show when the valet left a terrible permanent odor in Seinfeld's vehicle ? (Seinfeld then hoped it would be stolen , so he left the keys in , parked on the street .)

In Cali , likely the same terrible permanent odor would happen during the prep . And they would mess up your radio also , with 10 garbage-music stations permanently set in your radio .
That was a great episode lol.

Wrangles

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR 3.6 6sp Billet
Manufacturers do this all the time. Ford usually offers $1,000 - $1,500 if you finance through Ford Motor Credit. Last 2 Fordā€™s I bought I did just that with some crazy financing rate like ~8%. Both times financing guy said I had to keep the loan for 60 days. I said ā€œOKā€. About 2 weeks later as soon as I got a Ford Credit account number my bank paid off the loan.

Did I feel bad about it, hell no. I was always going to finance with my bank but both times that sleazeball financing guy looked me in the eyes and said ~8% was the best he could do. Keep in mind this was in 2005 and 2010, rates were very very low then, still are today but a bit higher than then.

TaiMc

First Name
Tai
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
'18 JLU Sport Mojito!, 3.6L & '18 Ninja 400 KRT
Occupation
Communications Manager
Vehicle Showcase
Yes you are correct but you must have missed my post apologizing to him for being a jerk basically..lol.. He has a We Owe slip I think he said so yes he will get his money back no question how long who knows but he is definitely getting the runaround which is beyond ridiculous after paying over 50K for a new Rubicon..I would be so pissed myself!

Again guys I guess my head was stuck up my A- - yesterday I do sincerely apologize for being a jerk!!
:fist bump:

Sponsored

Agent47

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mojito! JLU 2.0T (Built 7/4)
I purchased from DD and my main complaint is that it took me 3 hours to leave the dealership after arriving there. I had the purchase agreement emailed to me earlier in the week with all amounts correct down to the cent including my local tax, so there was no trickery with extras. I did have the anti-theft stickers and locking lug nuts added to my Jeep, but they did not charge me $299 for them. The finance guy (David Leos) seemed annoyed that someone modified the purchase agreement that he emailed to me, but he had it corrected in a couple minutes after meeting with him.

DD wasnā€™t perfect for me as I had some cosmetic issues with my Jeep that I believe that they caused and my JL also broke down on the drive back to WA from their dealership. That being said, the break-down wasnā€™t their fault, and they had already given me a fair price on Rubicon wheel/tire upgrades (unrelated to the break-down, we negotiated this before the Jeep was built and I took delivery of my JL with the upgraded wheels). I paid $650+tax for Rubicon take-offs and gave them my stock base Sahara wheels as part of the swap.

Wanderingwheelz

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Sport
It was never disclosed to me they just lumped it all into my discount. The Jeep had an MSRP of 57 595 and they sold it to me for fifty thousand five hundred ninety five. They never broke it down or talked to me at all about it kind of a sleight-of-hand sign here with the salesman up front and he made it sound like it was all normal stuff.
It probably is ā€˜normal stuffā€™ to those who work there. What a forum like this one can easily point out to Dennis Dillon is that itā€™s not what buyers encounter at other dealerships.

old8tora

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 JK Sport
my JL also broke down on the drive back to WA from their dealership. That being said, the break-down wasnā€™t their fault
Would you please recount what the break-down was ? We understand it wasn't their fault . But knowing what the break-down was will give us a more complete overall view of the vehicle . Thank you .

DatsunX3

First Name
Dale
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 2dr Sport S - Ordered

Agent47

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mojito! JLU 2.0T (Built 7/4)
Would you please recount what the break-down was ? We understand it wasn't their fault . But knowing what the break-down was will give us a more complete overall view of the vehicle . Thank you .
It was related to the hybrid battery. The 48V and the 12V were both replaced under warranty and Iā€™ve put on another 400 miles on the JL since the repair with no issues.

Sponsored

andeee

First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR
Dennis Dillon was probably one of the best dealership experience Iā€™ve ever had. I wish all the other dealerships were like them.

OP
OP

OregonPunk'n

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon Punk'n
Hi Rockstar O8. Thank you so much for your apology. It was well-received! And you were right as rain. I received my check from Dennis Dillon, it was in my mailbox this morning. And the rest of my dealings with them, they were good. I actually did take $2,000 cash with me, as well as my $50,000 check, and strongly considered the quote-unquote Mopar hundred thousand mile warranty. But, the price Kevin in finance quoted me for such warranty was $2,666. So I think I'll pause on that expense for the time being. I am however enjoying my beautiful Pumpkin Smash Rubicon! I do look forward to posting a few pictures and updates here shortly. Thank you once again Rockstar 08 for being such a gentleman. Look forward to seeing you and hearing from you in future posts. Sincerely Jim Hubbard

Dub2Shoe

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR
I bought mine at Dennis Dillon as well. Did it take three hours for me too even though I had much of the work completed beforehand? Yep. Did they hit me with the $300 sticker thing? Yep. Did I give a heck and still considered it the best new car buying experience I've had? Most definitely.

When I account for the almost $7k I saved on my JLUR, the three hours wait (which, by the way, is not long at all when buying a car) and $300 surprise charge are two problematic drops in a bucket of satisfaction.

Many of the people complaining here are expecting the car buying process to be as quick and easy as checking out at Walmart. That's not realistic. This overall is a very good dealership and the two people I have referred there have had experiences just like mine

If the OP originally had the check cut for the correct amount, I doubt he would be in this predicament.

Rural Applachia

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2005 Rubicon Unlimited 2018 JLU Sport S
I understand about the not refunding the check part very well. Iin the biz I am in I deal in large ticket purchases and our average invoice is around $4,000. I do not take personal checks, I do not take cash. I have gotten forged cashiers checks as payment before. I verify these and still hold then 21 days before posting payment. This is legal in my state. The only credit imediately I give are verified NON recallable fed wires.
Yes certain kind wires can be recalled. I do not take ach payments as they also can be recalled/

BBDOC

First Name
Victor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW 5-Series, Honda Civic, Honda Minivan
The same thing happened to me a Jim Marsh in Vegas only they did refund the over payment. I didn't have a good experience with Denis Dillon so I bought from Jim Marsh and would not hesitate to buy from them again.
I also spoke to Dennis dillons dealership as I am from Socal and couldnā€™t find a good deal locally and early on in 2018. I was financing part of my Jeep purchase and a cashiers check for ~25k. Dillons dealership tried to tell me I could only put 10k down and would have to finance the larger amount and pay it off after 3 months to get the 6.5%under invoice deal. I used Jim marsh in Vegas and was very happy with my purchase. Good luck all.
Sponsored