Sponsored

Jeep Wave Oil Changes

Harrybeerbelly

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Tackhawk
They just did my first oil change as a part of the Jeep Wave. The receipt says Essential Care oil and filter Package $110. They used Rotella T6 5W-40. Says they used 9 quarts too. I'm assuming its like 8.5 or so. They also rotated the tires for me, even though I swapped the stockers to 38's on beadlocks.

BTW used oil is sent in for analysis, mainly to check for soot. I'll let you know how it looks on a fresh post soon.

I know it seems against conventional wisdom, but I let the computer tell me when to change the oil. it counted down from 100% to 1% and lasted 10,000 miles!

May want to look into this but I dont think the Rotella T6 5W-40 meets the MS-12991 specs . Yes it does take 9 quarts.
Sponsored

OP
OP
WXman

WXman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler Unlimited
Occupation
Meteorology and Transportation
They just did my first oil change as a part of the Jeep Wave. The receipt says Essential Care oil and filter Package $110. They used Rotella T6 5W-40. Says they used 9 quarts too. I'm assuming its like 8.5 or so. They also rotated the tires for me, even though I swapped the stockers to 38's on beadlocks.

BTW used oil is sent in for analysis, mainly to check for soot. I'll let you know how it looks on a fresh post soon.

I know it seems against conventional wisdom, but I let the computer tell me when to change the oil. it counted down from 100% to 1% and lasted 10,000 miles!
Might want to ask that dealership if they'll honor the 100k powertrain warranty even though they are using incorrect oil that doesn't meet spec. It would be worth knowing ahead of time.

Tell me again the advantage of a diesel engine? Even Elon says they are crazy.

Who is Elon? Is he that guy who makes cars that are so impractical that a fraction of the population can use them?

Ruby Clatterbox

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 2 dr. Willy's
Just had mine done at the dealer. Free. 3 more coming. I'm doing them every 6 months regardless of mileage as it only lasts for the first 2 years. On a side note, my wife's 21 Willys (gas)only gets 3 over the first 2 years according to the salesman. (?)

Motoristx

First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon 3.0 Diesel
Build Thread
Link
May want to look into this but I dont think the Rotella T6 5W-40 meets the MS-12991 specs . Yes it does take 9 quarts.
Yes, I’m at the Dealership now. With all the information everyone has supplied, I was able to point to it in the owner’s manual, pull up the history of my Jeep, and get the oil changed to the right oil.

Thanks guys!
Sponsored