OP
OP
ebass_JLUD

ebass_JLUD

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon JLUD
I wouldn't bring my Jeep in for the free oil changes if they paid me.
Feeling the same way now. I stopped taking my Cherokee after they broke the pcv attachment to the air box. I shoulda known better, just trying to save a buck right now.

Sponsored

jack bauer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Rubicon XR 3.6
Occupation
Finance
Feeling the same way now. I stopped taking my Cherokee after they broke the pcv attachment to the air box. I shoulda known better, just trying to save a buck right now.
My hunch is if you sat down and carved out some horse shit you are spending on that you can live without you'd be changing you own oil and still have money left over.
How far off base is that assumption?

LuvHydro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JLUS Hella , 22 JLUSS Hydro
My '21 Hella only had 6K on it when I sold it after 2 months to Carvana. Thus it only had one dealer provided oil change at 5K. They slopped oil on the beauty cover and some underneath. Nothing major, but disappointing.

My '22 Hydro now has 12K and two dealer provided oil changes after 5 months. Both times things were left clean.

Interestingly tho, the first time the dipstick showed about 3/8" overfill.

The second time the level is dead nuts on.

I'll do the dealer route one last time, then it's all me, Pennzoil and Wix every 5K.

OP
OP
ebass_JLUD

ebass_JLUD

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
My '21 Hella only had 6K on it when I sold it after 2 months to Carvana. Thus it only had one dealer provided oil change at 5K. They slopped oil on the beauty cover and some underneath. Nothing major, but disappointing.

My '22 Hydro now has 12K and two dealer provided oil changes after 5 months. Both times things were left clean.

Interestingly tho, the first time the dipstick showed about 3/8" overfill.

The second time the level is dead nuts on.

I'll do the dealer route one last time, then it's all me, Pennzoil and Wix every 5K.
I checked the dipstick and it was right on point. Was just disappointed having to take my Jeep and pressure wash all the oil spill off. I have 3 dealerships pretty close by, so maybe I'll try another one next time.

OP
OP
ebass_JLUD

ebass_JLUD

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
My hunch is if you sat down and carved out some horse shit you are spending on that you can live without you'd be changing you own oil and still have money left over.
How far off base is that assumption?
Your pretty close on point, but 9 qrts of Euro spec oil and a hit or miss instock oil filter kind pushes the agenda to have the free ones done. I definitely prefer to do my own oil changes though.

gsbrockman

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Dodge Challenger Scat Pack Plus A8 & F8 Green
Occupation
Owner / Operator Brockman Hauling, LLC
Vehicle Showcase

Sponsored

Fast-n-Furious

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 392 XR
I did mine and put couple towels near the filter to minimize the mess and it worked out very well. Take your time and do it yourself for a peace of mind.

Deleted member 59498

That is ridiculous! Did you call them and tell them they need to clean up their mess? Or just not deal with them anymore?

grimmjeeper

First Name
Roy
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.grimmjeeper.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Wrangler, 1987 Comanche, 1997 F250
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
enginerd
OP
OP
ebass_JLUD

ebass_JLUD

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
That is ridiculous! Did you call them and tell them they need to clean up their mess? Or just not deal with them anymore?
I'm going to send the pictures to the service manager, who I have delt with before with another vehicle. But beyond that I'll just hit a different dealer next time.
Sponsored