Sponsored

Jeep Wave and 3.0

• Thread starter Deleted member 59498
  • Start date
  • Watchers 7

Deleted member 59498

I didn't think to ask the salesmen but do you get the 2 year oil change with Jeep wave with the 3.0L?
Sponsored

TheMike

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Red 2021 JLURD "The Big D"
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Supervisor, Air Traffic Control. RETIRED at 51 baby!!!
You get 3 free oil changes under the Wave program.

OP
OP

Deleted member 59498

Thank you.

Oh just one more question, did you get your first done before the recommended? Not sure if break in is a thing these days with modern engines.

Sponsored

Wrangler man

First Name
Howard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUAD
Clubs

with my 2020 JLUAD I got "4" free Wave oil changes.
IMO with that given (4 free, ) I go nothing < 25% oil life left. 1st change I did 4500 miles. Started using Hot Shot's Everyday diesel treatment Once a month, And the Diesel Extreme formula fuel treatment every oil change. Don't forget to change your fuel filter at 15,000. DEF Injectors could go bad so I also use the Platinum Blue Def Just what I do. 21,000 to date, zero issues.

OP
OP

Deleted member 59498

IMO with that given (4 free, ) I go nothing < 25% oil life left. 1st change I did 4500 miles. Started using Hot Shot's Everyday diesel treatment Once a month, And the Diesel Extreme formula fuel treatment every oil change. Don't forget to change your fuel filter at 15,000. DEF Injectors could go bad so I also use the Platinum Blue Def Just what I do. 21,000 to date, zero issues.
Thanks for the info, yeah I see the Blue Def at the local Chevron looks like it gets used a lot also so should be fresh. Can't wait to get the new Jeep!

Wrangler man

First Name
Howard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUAD
Clubs

Thank you.

Oh just one more question, did you get your first done before the recommended? Not sure if break in is a thing these days with modern engines.
1st @ 4500 for me. Never heard of a "breaking in" for this Gen 3 3.0 TD or reason to do an early change, it's just theory and facts that prompted me to do mine.

Sponsored

Wrangler man

First Name
Howard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUAD
Clubs

Thanks for the info, yeah I see the Blue Def at the local Chevron looks like it gets used a lot also so should be fresh. Can't wait to get the new Jeep!
Blue Def Is solid and approved product has been around for a long time. Trust and believe in the new "Platinum" formula it's worth a few extra dollars get mine at Lowe's for $20.00 2.5 gal.

Compression-Ignition

First Name
Roy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR 3.0 Diesel, 2020 6.7L F350
Blue Def Is solid and approved product has been around for a long time. Trust and believe in the new "Platinum" formula it's worth a few extra dollars get mine at Lowe's for $20.00 2.5 gal.
What are they claiming is better about the platinum? I've yet to see an explanation.

Wrangler man

First Name
Howard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUAD
Clubs

What are they claiming is better about the platinum? I've yet to see an explanation.
Is nothing more than a new improved formula. Blue Def has also been around for a substantial amount of time and has developed a solid reputation. It's my belief with the stricter emissions and more complex emission systems on vehicles they stepped up the formula.
KC 250 on YouTube ownes the 1st Wrangler Eco diesel Sold in Canada. Like with several YouTubers this particular manufacturer reach out to him. They supplied him with several years of Platinum Blue Def. IMO It's the absolute best formula available. It's my understanding there is a def injector that has the possibility of getting clogged, therefore did not want to take any chances. That's why I would never purchase def fluid From the nozzle at truck stops, ( Temps and age are factors should be watched) That's wht I keep my stock of Platinum Blue Def inside my walk in pantry. ( benefit of no wifey.. lol) Fact...we are what we eat, so is what you put inside your vehicle. Would be very interested to know side-by-side data Platinum vs original formula. please keep us all posted if your research leads to any info. 100,000 from now, only hope I have little or no issues. Have the bumper to bumper 125,000 warranty just in case. 👍

Terpsmandan

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR Diesel, 2022 JLUR Diesel
Thank you.

Oil change interval is 10k. The oil live monitor is tied to the odometer, unlike most of the oil life monitors. I did the first one at 10k. I will be doing them about every 9k and that is about when I had to add a quart last time.

Wrangler man

First Name
Howard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUAD
Clubs

Oil change interval is 10k. The oil live monitor is tied to the odometer, unlike most of the oil life monitors. I did the first one at 10k. I will be doing them about every 9k and that is about when I had to add a quart last time.
That is news to me I've watched my oil life fluctuate depending on the amount of wheeling and driving conditions I drive under. I was certain it was monitored to the oil and not just the miles on the odometer.
Sponsored