First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR, 2004 IS300
Occupation
QA Engineer/RPA Dev
So I'm a proud and happy owner of a new JLUR as of 3.14.19....

I live in central florida, we're typically some good ol' nice "country" folk out here. But from the min I drove away from the lot, I've passed over 300 jeeps (total exaggeration but a LARGE number) and not 1 has waved back at me.

What gives? I was wanting to be part of the club immediately. I havent taking Rubi out to play in the woods yet but that's because I'm preparing myself first.

I had 1 jeep creep up on me on the highway. I saw them on the rearview mirror and even let go of the gas, got my hand ready and lowered my window. As they pulled up next to me I look over, smile and lift my arm. It's some chick who looked like she had been staring me down from afar and took a peak, looked away and sped off. Errr!

My girlfriend thinks I'm a doofus and that the wave thing isnt real. I keep telling her it's real but ya'll Florida peeps making this hard.
Sponsored

Fays4

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Rubicon Unlimited 2018 GMC Sierra 4x4 Z71
I am in Orlando specifically Windermere and I work in Clermont. I have noticed 99% of the Jeeps around Windermere out to Clermont will wave to me. When I drive into or through down town Orlando I get absolutely zero waves.

Andy2434

First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 Billet JLUR, ‘20 Mustang GT/Prem/6MT/PP1
Occupation
Retired/Leisure
In Las Vegas and San Francisco, the large majority of fellow Wrangler owners will wave back. Lol . . . Some more enthusiastically than others.

OP
OP

noloc45

First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR, 2004 IS300
Occupation
QA Engineer/RPA Dev
I am in Orlando specifically Windermere and I work in Clermont. I have noticed 99% of the Jeeps around Windermere out to Clermont will wave to me. When I drive into or through down town Orlando I get absolutely zero waves.
I picked up my jeep from Jax. Saw tons on my way back and NOTHING.

Sent you a PM btw.

Last edited:

Sponsored

Roky

First Name
Roky
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
So I'm a proud and happy owner of a new JLUR as of 3.14.19....

I live in central florida, we're typically some good ol' nice "country" folk out here. But from the min I drove away from the lot, I've passed over 300 jeeps (total exaggeration but a LARGE number) and not 1 has waved back at me.

What gives? I was wanting to be part of the club immediately. I havent taking Rubi out to play in the woods yet but that's because I'm preparing myself first.

I had 1 jeep creep up on me on the highway. I saw them on the rearview mirror and even let go of the gas, got my hand ready and lowered my window. As they pulled up next to me I look over, smile and lift my arm. It's some chick who looked like she had been staring me down from afar and took a peak, looked away and sped off. Errr!

My girlfriend thinks I'm a doofus and that the wave thing isnt real. I keep telling her it's real but ya'll Florida peeps making this hard.
I’m in north central fl, but drive all over fl, I’ve noticed that in Orlando, Tampa, actually in the downtown areas you won’t get very many waves. I don’t know why. :facepalm: But through the rural areas all around the cities almost everybody waves. Be patient, don’t try to hard, be casual like you’ve done it a million times and they’ll start waving back. The woman on the highway might’ve thought you were flagging her down if you rolled down the window and stuck your arm out. :giggle: And if you see my Jeep in your travels rest assured I will indeed, give you a big ole wave. :rock:......:)

Sponsored

Redneck_Jedi

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Wrangler Sport S 2 Dr.
Vehicle Showcase
It's hit or miss here in Palm Beach as well. The Soccer Mom's and Mall Crawlers don't Wave, but the those with 2 Doors or Modified Unlimiteds usually do. Honestly, I don't care if the driver waves back; I'm waving at the Jeep, not it's occupants. :giggle:

JeepDave

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 2D Sport, V6, Manual Transmission
Some days I get them all, some days you get none. Weekends are better, particularly Sunday for some reason. Chicago burbs.

TimmH

First Name
Timm
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Wrangler Sahara 3.6 Auto
Vehicle Showcase
I get waves on the smaller 2 lane roads, but not much larger.

But almost remember, we are in season (tourist season), most of us are too focused on avoiding the idiots to notice someone wave at us. Wait until season is over.

Also, notice I get waves more often from people in my own neck of the woods, who may recognize my Jeep as I recognize theirs as one I cross paths with often.

BLACKMOAB

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Black JLU MOAB, 2021 Black Lexus GX 460
I think the key is having some visible mods from the front view (lights, winch, lift, etc.). If you appear to be "in-to" your Jeep, i.e. an enthusiast, most all others of like kind will give you a wave. Soccer moms and teenagers don't wave.
Sponsored